Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Guide

These are my experiences:

Heaven and hell does exist. They are just two areas in which one has more love and light and the other has less love and light, but it is there and there are ways to experience it in our current physical existence.

Also, by putting Jesus Christ (or anyone else for that matter) in between the Creator and having all faith in someone other than the Creator/Source, you are blocking yourselves the love and grace from the Creator. You slow down your spiritual progress. Why communicate with anyone in the middle when you have a direct connection to the Creator through your heart? Once you experience this to be true, you will never go back to the old ways of worshipping others before the Creator.

This is my opinion:
Heaven is a place where our spirits (some call it soul) goes. If people can still be alive here on Earth while having attained Union with the Creator, then it might be possible to reach one of the several heaven levels while still being alive. I can't say for sure, but I'm just using logic on this one.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
moke64916

Why is this under spiritual development. The whole Christian things gotta go. If you want to get closer to the truth that is. Hell does not exist for starters.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Why is this under spiritual development. The whole Christian things gotta go. If you want to get closer to the truth that is. Hell does not exist for starters.

Using my experience only, since I can't speak for others, Christianity has nothing to do with my experience about what I have learned about Heaven and Hell, but subjects such as Heaven and Hell have been discussed in Christian circles. Growing up Catholic, I used to take it at face value, but once I experienced the truth of it, then I *know*. Once a person can get access within their true selves (deep within their inner heart) all truths according to our spiritual maturity will be known when we start to ask questions. These answers are not things that the brain can easily understand, but the eternal spirit in us can. Again, this is just MY experience and no one can try to force me to deny my true experience because these answers comes straight from Source.

Edit: All of this is part of spiritual development. My definition of spiritual development is when my spirit grows. Where is my spirit? In my heart. As my heart expands with more love and grace, so does my spirit. It goes hand in hand.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
moke64916

There's no realm that people call hell. If a soul decayed from earth that soul can then instantly manifest. So if the soul imagines a place like hell, it would be the souls manifestation until the soul thinks a new thought. But there is no such thing as eternal hell. Nothing is separate from The Source. Maybe your experience will change. Your at the starting point to me if you came to believe in such a thing as he'll. And heaven us nothing more than returning to the Collective Conscious of the One. In a state of absolute bliss. Heaven is not how religion made it out to be. If you 'believe' in hell, that's religion talking. As you progress spiritually you'll see that there is no he'll. In spirituality Condemnation is an illusion.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
There's no realm that people call hell. If a soul decayed from earth that soul can then instantly manifest. So if the soul imagines a place like hell, it would be the souls manifestation until the soul thinks a new thought. But there is no such thing as eternal hell. Nothing is separate from The Source. Maybe your experience will change. Your at the starting point to me if you came to believe in such a thing as he'll. And heaven us nothing more than returning to the Collective Conscious of the One. In a state of absolute bliss. Heaven is not how religion made it out to be. If you 'believe' in hell, that's religion talking. As you progress spiritually you'll see that there is no he'll. In spirituality Condemnation is an illusion.

Again, my spiritual experiences are different from yours. I will not negate what I know to be as truth and I will explain it as best as I can, but without experience, it's just being spoon fed to the masses. Again, there are ways to experience what I'm talking about.

The problem I read here is that you automatically assume that I believe in eternal hell and condemnation, which is incorrect. I only say that they are real realms that do exist in which our souls rest until we reincarnate again or move on. I don't know much more about it other than how it feels in my heart when I ask what's it like over there. Again, it's all in the experience.

I'd like to explain the difference between 'belief' and 'experience' using analogy. One day, one person comes to me and tells me, "I have cancer." I've never experienced cancer, so I brush the person off and say to myself, "This person is lying to me. There's no such thing as cancer." Then another three or four people come to me on different days and tell me that they have the same thing. After a while, I hear about it in the news, on the internet, and so on. Then I think to myself, "Hey, cancer must be real. I never had it, but so many people say it's real." So now, I believe that cancer exists, but I'm not sure. Until one day the doctor told me that they had to operate on me to remove my cancer. Now I have experience. I do not believe anymore.

edited: So belief has some basis, but it's not real experience.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
No. In order to enter heaven either before or after we die physically we must have our sins forgiven and that can only be done through Jesus.
And before Jesus was born?

Autobiography of a Yogi is undoubtedly authentic. It is the most personally-validated of any spiritual text I've come across and there are numerous spiritually advanced people who will testify to this. Nor is it a one off: Yogananda wrote several equally valuable books.

Through Yogananda's teachings I have actually met God.

My question though is this: if you were in Heaven, how would you know?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
And before Jesus was born?
Immediately after sin entered the world God promised to send a redeemer. Here is what he said to the serpent.

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.Genesis 3:15 ESV

This is the first prophecy that he would send Jesus into the world to undo the harm brought about by Satan. The fact that he is called the offspring of the woman is the first reference to his virgin birth. As time went on God made many more promises about a savior and salvation came by believing these promises. Did you check the link I provided in my post?

http://carm.org/questions/about-doctrine/how-were-old-testament-saints-saved