Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 24-05-2016, 11:48 PM
Guide
Oh, no, it's not that I expect a full identity report from all of them; I would just have less confusion if I knew vaguely which set of images/feelings was coming from whom. (When there's two or three trying to communicate with me at the same time, for instance.)

I have often heard the lighthouse/beacon comparisons. (And different people serve as different types of beacons I'm sure. ..Almost typed "bacon" at first, whoops) I wonder if, in addition to that, there's something in us that attracts, well, darkness. Something in our own histories or energy that emanates from us and resonates for them..? Who knows.

Animals are such excellent spirit detectors!
Old 25-05-2016, 03:22 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
Oh, no, it's not that I expect a full identity report from all of them; I would just have less confusion if I knew vaguely which set of images/feelings was coming from whom. (When there's two or three trying to communicate with me at the same time, for instance.)

I have often heard the lighthouse/beacon comparisons. (And different people serve as different types of beacons I'm sure. ..Almost typed "bacon" at first, whoops) I wonder if, in addition to that, there's something in us that attracts, well, darkness. Something in our own histories or energy that emanates from us and resonates for them..? Who knows.

Animals are such excellent spirit detectors!

That makes sense with two or more... yikes! I was pondering on the viewpoint of the memories when it's outside of the person dying. I wonder if that other person is part of the scene of death or something else is going on. You got me thinking.

Mmmm bacon...

That's an excellent question about our darkness but the feeling I get isn't so much darkness as shadows. I kind of fall back on science for this one. It must be genetic and how we are wired. I know everything has a force field that emits energy so the attraction to that must be there. Our brains are wired as well and so I think I have to go with those neurons firing off in our heads in a special way compared to others. Hmmm...

On another look at our shadows, we are complex creatures comprised of both shadow and light. To be balanced between the two I think is the perfect combination for those of us that deal in death of others and the living. So if one accepts this and embraces it then the shadows don't grow larger and we accept that we are whole. This makes life and death much smoother and our calling is just part of us, both sides equally in harmony.
Old 25-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simdjs
That makes sense with two or more... yikes! I was pondering on the viewpoint of the memories when it's outside of the person dying. I wonder if that other person is part of the scene of death or something else is going on. You got me thinking.

Mmmm bacon...

That's an excellent question about our darkness but the feeling I get isn't so much darkness as shadows. I kind of fall back on science for this one. It must be genetic and how we are wired. I know everything has a force field that emits energy so the attraction to that must be there. Our brains are wired as well and so I think I have to go with those neurons firing off in our heads in a special way compared to others. Hmmm...

On another look at our shadows, we are complex creatures comprised of both shadow and light. To be balanced between the two I think is the perfect combination for those of us that deal in death of others and the living. So if one accepts this and embraces it then the shadows don't grow larger and we accept that we are whole. This makes life and death much smoother and our calling is just part of us, both sides equally in harmony.

Oh, yes, I agree-- "we are complex creatures comprised of both shadow and light"-- I was rambling about that very same thing in other threads a lot recently. (And it reminds me of all Jung's talk of the shadow self within all of our psyches, and within humanity's collective shadow; now, I do wonder whether our world is a reflection of the spirit world/plane, or if it's the other way around.)
Maybe we have a certain, peculiar vibrational frequency. I am sure there is some logical reason behind it.

Indeed, there's much to ponder regarding all this.