Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 13-08-2018, 11:42 AM
Master
Dream of families and being a Harry Potter character.

I didn't go into work today as I felt so tired and couldn't sleep last night. I dreamt I was waiting for my alarm to go off to call in which I was. But I dreamt that I woke up in the afternoon and the time kept changing on my phone. My phone had been hacked and all pictures kept coming up. I was trying to ring work and find out what the time was but my phone didn't have my work number in it. I asked to use Matts phone and was having difficulty too. I was panicking I'd be in trouble for not calling before 9am. Matts phone wouldn't dial out. I went into the bedroom and asked for help and said it wasn't working then he told me it didn't have a SIM card in the phone. So I asked why didn't he tell me that as I was trying to call work. I asked to use his normal phone to call them and I was dialling the number from the internet, Then I woke up 10 mins before my alarm to ring work.

Then I fell back to sleep after, I was in my living room and Matt and I were looking after 3 girls. We was watching a programme and playing games with them. He was telling me who they were but I already knew, the youngest was my little sisters best friend and the oldest I used to go to school with. Then Matts brother and his girlfriend and their child come in, Becky's friend Sarah was also with them. They come to say goodbye before they went on holiday to LA. Sarah came over to me first and said "I'm a Delaney now" which is my ex's surname, I looked at her finger to see if she was married as I was confused and she said just joking I'm still a Griffiths which is her surname. I wondered why she would even say that to me or bring that up. Tom and Becky hugged us goodbye, Becky was being off with me, and Tom was taking a pillow for the journey but I realised after that he took the nice new one and left me with an old pillow. I said to Matt that he's out of order for doing that but he didn't really care. I said to him if he thought it was wired what Sarah said but he didn't notice and was annoyed about something else.

Then I dreamt I was in a Harry Potter game as a character. We was on top of the castle and had to find an item. I wasn't sure what it was but thought I would keep looking for anything out of the ordinary until the game said I'd found it. We was all flying around the castle on our brooms and racing to find it first. Then I realised it wasn't in the castle so I was flying over the lake and found it on some podiums coming from the water. It was just a small trinket item and I was trying to fit it onto a device I had but it wouldn't work. Then the dream changed again and I was with my sister Molly. We were racing to get to my nan and grandads house against my dad and brother who had a van and my mum and other sister where in a car. Me and Molly had a motorised scooter. The house we was heading too was my house though even though I'm the dream it was nan and grandads, we were almost there and could hear dads van in the background but traffic lights held them up so we were being as quick as possible to get further ahead. As we was going up the last hill before it was just a corner left and we'd be there, the engine cut out and wasn't working. So we were using our feet to scoot it along but we was going too slow. So I said to Molly shall we run the rest of the way and she said yeah she was going to say the same. I suggested cutting across the field to get there quicker but as we was running across the grass, we saw dad drive past in the van. He looked all manic and was driving like he was in mario kart or something. When we got to nan and grandads house, even though it was my house but had a different appearance, he was mouthing off about winning. But no one had got to nan yet so Molly and I said we were the winners as they were the end goal. When dad come over to us there was all his other family there and my mum and siblings and he was really trying to embarrass me. He was saying how I stole a tshirt when there was a more embarrassing story to it that my mum knew, so I was upset she had told him. He was trying to make me feel uncomfortable talking about situations that were embarrassing to me. I'd had enough so I was speaking loudly to everyone exposing him, saying how over the years how horrible he's been to us all before we would come to family events then he acts so innocent around everyone while we are dying inside. How he gets up to no good but pretends he is such an angel, I was basically letting out everything he tries to hide about himself to other people. He kept trying to silence me but I was puffing my chest out and my arms to be bigger and demand my own space without him intimidating me. I kept telling the truth about him and I felt good about it. They all looked shocked and surprised and then I woke up.
Old 15-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator
I think the first dream really was a reflection of your anxiety about fearing missing the call into work.

The second dream I think relates to the different emotional components to the situation with Matt. I suspect you are close to letting all the emotions that were brought up go (vacation) but you still are sorting out a few things. You are trying to have rule over yourself (Sarah means princess) but you may be confused about how you are supposed to respond. Which surname are you, Delaney or Griffiths. I couldn't find a name meaning for Delaney but Griffiths means Fierce Lord. So you can be a bit fierce when protecting your interests. Maybe because you feel like you get the raw end of the deal in life (old pillow) and your partner seems to not care, when maybe he should.

So the last dream seems to me to be about your anger. Molly means bitter and the dream seems to suggest that you may be trying to understand the relationship you have with anger and why it comes about. It is possible for a long time you tried to keep it protected in the castle but we need to engage with it (play the game) and be open with it to understand what drives it. So by being open to it you found yourself back at your parents house. this suggests that the root of your angry defenses are rooted in your early upbringing which appears to be rooted in the idea of winning. If our end goal is only to win that means someone else loses. Many people are taught this type of survival, it is the classic survival of the fittest mentality but it isn't always the best in terms of relationships. If we always have to be the victor in any argument or fight then that means our partner loses something. The problem is that your parents may have used this winning over you to embarrass you and make you feel inferior and less worthy of the better things in life (old pillow). It is good to stand up for ourselves but it is more important to learn how to not identify with the idea that there are winners and losers in life. You aren't a loser, you don't deserve the old dirty pillow. You and all of us deserve the finest things in life. We all deserve health and happiness but if you are surrounded by people who are only out to protect their self interests by winning the game of life over you it is understandable that you would feel the need to fiercely protect yourself. Instead, though, maybe try and think about how you can get out of the game all together. You don't need to engage. There isn't really anything to lose unless we identify with what others say. In the end they are only words. People can call us or treat us like losers but that doesn't mean it is true. and anyone who treats us that way has bigger issues than we do. They are likely offloading their own sense of feeling like a loser on us so they don't have to feel badly. Life is not a contest to be won or proved. It is more about simply finding what makes us happy and drives our passion for life.
Old 15-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Master
Yes I was anxious about not waking up in time to call in.

Yeah that makes sense, I have been pondering it all to learn from it and work things out completely in myself. I do feel like he cares more about his own needs in life than mine, and that I do need to protect myself fiercely to be heard, if I am gentle and understanding it seems I am not taken seriously or heard; I don't feel it should be that way.

I see, I was exploring how I did get quiet angry, and that I could have avoided getting that charged over the whole situation as it turnt out to be o.k. I remember feeling calm inside that there was nothing wrong, but I felt angry and was saying that my mum had been cheated on in all her relationships, so maybe it stems from there too. Our childhood was so competitive, and there was always a winner or loser so that resonates. They embarrassed me a lot which knocked my self esteem, I would often give up what I had for the benefit of my relatives to make them happy. Over time and probably at the time this has created anger. Yes I see, so instead of believing in a win lose situation, or giving up my needs or believing what they say, I can learn to walk my own path in a sense or sing to my own tune and not identify with any of that. Ive been practicing with situations where I would normally feel like a loser, for example, Matt always asks for massages, I said I wouldnt give any more unless he gives me one, but he hasn't yet, he asked me for one the other day and I decided I didn't mind so I done it. Instead of feeling like a loser that Ive lsot out, I was happy to give so I done so, but when he asked last night I was tired so I said no, when he teased me about not giving him one, I didn't care what he was saying or get affected or feel guilty, I decided no was no and that was it. I have been feeling like once Ive worked out all these things then maybe I can face my family again, and not take the way they are personally or that I am the loser in the situation.