Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 22-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Knower

About Karma Yoga

For example, here is a person who unreasonably criticizes or attacks you. Or not on you, but on other people. Probably, you do not think about this person that he is suffering.
But if the soul is in a stable state, if a person does not suffer, then in most cases this person will not perform unreasonable deeds. All those who harm others - from people to evil spirits - experience suffering within themselves. If you look back at your actions, you will be able to understand this well. This must be realized in the first place.
Such people, seeing those who do something bad, are usually disgusted: "And what is he doing this?" Or they have stronger feelings, hatred. This happens when their personal interests are hurt.
In this case, you should practice Holy Compassion or Karma Yoga. These practices are based on the ability to treat others as their own. In other words, when you see how others accumulate bad karma, do something bad - you should think that these are the factors that you have, that you have a teacher showing you how to not act, and use this case as a an occasion for self-observation. And in the future, try to eliminate your own and others' bad karma.
*Here it is necessary to pay attention to one point. As for manifestations of bad karma, it happens that we do not like them, but it happens that they do not cause any reaction. Psychologists believe that we feel strong anger when we see in others the shortcomings inherent in us. This is a very important observation.
Reflect here on what. Imagine that we have some shortcomings, which we always think of as something bad. When parents or friends tell us about them, we restrain ourselves, but often it happens that we can not completely eliminate them. And what happens when we notice them in others? Because we constantly pay attention to these shortcomings and think of them as something bad, then because of this, with the same bad qualities of other people, we also experience hatred. Such psychology of people is easy to understand. You are often criticized for the same thing and you have to endure, but then you see how others do the same. Because of this, anger, hatred arises.
On the other hand, what happens when you see in others something that does not bother you particularly, what do not you especially think about? Indeed, you are simply detached, objectively assessing: "This is bad," and you do not feel any special emotions. Also, compassion for others arises easier.
And if this is so, then when you have a strong sense of hatred towards the actions of other people, it is very important to think: "Is not there the same factor in me?", "Is not there the same tendency for me ? "
People who pay attention to this, who have wisdom, will notice: "Oh, and in fact I have the same drawbacks. I'm the same as this man. " And the better you become aware of it, the weaker your hate, your anger. And about the shortcomings of others you can mourn, as if they were your own. This is Compassion.
Anger arises only if there is a distinction between yourself and others. People who do not have wisdom completely fail to notice that other people's actions are characteristic of themselves. Therefore, they are indignant: "And that this type behaves so badly!" So, when you get angry at the sight of other people's shortcomings, do not get angry for nothing, but look at yourself, analyze your condition and eliminate it.
The person doing this receives a wonderful benefaction. First of all, in relation to others, he experiences not hatred, but compassion and love, and he begins to treat people with warmth. This frees you from the stress and fatigue associated with anger, and gives you peace. To people you will have compassion: "And I, and others because of this suffer. But I'm exactly the same. The same thing that I had before, now causes suffering and that person. " Thanks to this compassionate attitude you will want to somehow help these people - to get rid of their shortcomings and bad karma, because you yourself have suffered before.
And not only this. People practicing Holy Compassion are freed not only from hatred from other people, but also from hatred towards themselves. What does this mean?
People who practice not Holy Compassion, but selfishness and hate others, one day comes a period when they begin to hate themselves very much. They begin to hate themselves and fall into self-deprecation. And sometimes they become lonely.
Why is this happening? You see in another person an object for hate. However, in fact, there are the same factors in yourself. But you do not notice this and continue to hate. Repeating this process only increases hatred. At the same time, not noticing the same drawbacks in yourself, do not deal with their elimination. And these shortcomings only increase. This is the state of mental blindness.
But one day you notice: "But in me there were the same drawbacks." And then there is no escape from the emergence of a strong hatred of self, self-abasement. Because it turns out that you had the same drawbacks as those people whom you hated so far. And how much you fixed on hatred and increased it, just as strong hatred, turned to yourself, will be strong. You used to think: "What kind of fools are these people who do this?" - but it turned out that you are the same.
So if you do not consider other people to be your own projection and, by making a distinction between yourself and others, continue to hate others, then this behavior can be compared to the behavior of someone who pulls a bow against himself. He released the arrow in others, but in reality it returns to you. This is part of the Law of Karma: what one has done to others, will return to you. It is said that anger creates a karma of reincarnation in Hell, but a person with strong hatred even in life begins to surround more and more hated objects, including himself.
On the other hand, what happens to a person who practices the Four Immortals, Holy Compassion? When he sees manifestations of bad karma, the shortcomings of other people, he ponders whether there is not the same in me. Therefore, its shortcomings will not remain as they are, nor will they grow. Seeing in other people "negative" teachers, he can eradicate his shortcomings even before they grow. Therefore, he will not feel strong hatred towards himself when he detects pollution.
Such a person is modest in his daily life and strive for his own growth, and communication with other people uses for self-improvement, sympathizes with other people and, seeing their shortcomings, mourns for them as their own, and also generates generosity and love. Such a person, seeing the shortcomings of other people, will raise his level, his love for others will grow, and he will become happy. This is how the karma of the World of Gods is formed.
So, being in the same world, you can view it from the position of the Four Dimensional States of the Soul, and then this world, in which you are involved in human relationships - in the family, in the firm, with friends, in the company of practitioners - you can be considered as a place for learning, a hall for spiritual practice. If you treat this world from the position of the ego, then you will think: "What are my unfavorable karmic connections! Karmic communication with me only with bad people! "
All the discontent that is accumulated in the process of your relationships with other people is created by the work of your own soul. You can not blame others for everything, completely ignoring the fact that everything is a manifestation of the work of one's own soul in the past (or the manifestation of the work of the soul from past lives).
The blessing of Holy Praise is the removal of envy, the acquisition of happiness, the accumulation of good karma, the same as the object of Holy Praise
To practice Holy Praise means to rejoice, as one's own, happiness and good karma of other people.
However, people who wear "glasses" of selfishness envy the happiness and good karma of others. In other words, they are hostile to the happiness of others, they are unhappy to see the outstanding qualities of others. And such emotions often arise in their soul.
But what is the benefit of people practicing Holy Praise? First of all, they can eliminate envy. It is obvious. Further, what good is obtained when you praise without envy? Such a person himself finds happiness and good karma, which the object of his praise has.
And in ordinary society and in the practitioners' world, if you admire an outstanding person who is an example to all, you give him praise and try to learn from him, then as a result you approach the object of your praise.
However, a person with strong envy in the soul denies the good qualities of other people. In his soul he does not want other people to grow and tries not to inspire others, but to do the opposite. When others achieve something, they do not recognize these facts and try to deny them. Does not consider good karma others a good karma.
And then it starts to interfere with this person's own growth. For example, when others accumulate good karma, an envious person, because he does not recognize her as a good karma and does not praise her, does not have a desire to accumulate good karma when it comes time to do it for himself. On the contrary, in the mind of a person who, while looking at how others, for example, are engaged in spiritual practice, ceaselessly thinks: "It's wonderful! How wonderful it is to practice! "- take root the data on how wonderful the practice is. In the mind of someone who does not think about others like that, other thoughts about practice take root: "Nothing special. And no changes are particularly not happening. " Thus, if someone praises someone, then the desire for an object of praise can be turned into something of your own desire to do the same.
But if you do not inspire those who succeed and obstruct them and, when they have already achieved something, do not recognize their achievements, do not aspire to admit it, then all this will return to you as well. When you need to accumulate the same good karma and in the process you will encounter difficulties, then you yourself will have the same consciousness that you had when you denied the achievements of others: "Nothing I can achieve."
In other words, praise shapes a positive attitude: "He could. And I will also strive for this. At all it will turn out. Let's try! "And envy is a negative manifestation of a degrading consciousness:" I would not like it to work out. Probably, and at me it will not turn out. And no one will succeed. "
Another benefit of praise is the increase in joy and happiness. We can say that this happiness is born from gratitude.
In people who do not praise anyone, on the contrary, a lot of criticism. Because egoism is love only to oneself, the desire to rise only to one, the desire that others be lower. Therefore, a person with all his strength criticizes and does not praise anyone.
The soul of such a person loses the ability to gratitude. He thinks: "There are no people around me who can learn from. There are only useless people around. And there is nobody to thank. " As a result of gratitude, there is very little in the soul, and there is a lot of discontent.
Envy is also associated with dissatisfaction. What this feeling is, probably, is well understood. A person who rejoices with all his heart, seeing what good qualities his friends have and feeling grateful for what he has received in this life, increases the feeling of satisfaction. At the same time, if a person compares himself to others, envies them, constantly thinks: "I want to be praised more", feels dislike for those who exceed him, he, of course, and in relation to the life circumstances that have fallen into , does not feel grateful, but always dissatisfied with them.
Therefore, the more praise in a person, the greater joy and gratitude he experiences in relation to the conditions surrounding him. Those who are strong in envy and criticism are experiencing ever increasing suffering. So, as in the case of Holy Compassion, the work of consciousness here creates both heaven and hell.
Imagine that the people around you have fifty bad qualities, but also fifty good ones.
How to the 50 good and 50 bad qualities of others are people in their hearts who have Holy Praise and Holy Compassion? First of all, they are happy with 50 good qualities, praise them, take an example from their owners and feel gratitude for it. And on poor 50 qualities they learn, try to change themselves, become sad because of the bad qualities of others as if these qualities were their own and seek to eliminate them. That is, they can benefit from all 100 qualities completely. And to connect them with growth, happiness, gratitude and love. At the same time, people with strong jealousy and hatred of 50 good qualities do not notice, and 50 bad hate. Therefore, such people do not develop, degrade, and they only increase what they dislike, than are not satisfied and why they are angry.
Thus, the fixation on the Four Dimensional States of the Soul, experienced with respect to the environment, turns it into a holy room for practice, the Pure Land of the Winners in Truth, the high World of Heaven. "There are so many good examples around me. So many opportunities to see their bad qualities. Everyone is helping me and pointing the way. It is wonderful!"
Old 22-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Master
Namaste.

Oh wow, and I thought I typed a lot! lol

Paragraphs would be nice though so I don't keep on crashing my mental car straight into that wall of text there.

I couldn't read all of it, because I need it to be broken down into mentally digestible 'chunks' but I'll say what I understand about Karma Yoga.

Even doing good or charitable acts in the name of compassion or love is not what Karma Yoga is all about - while ever there is any notion in your mind that you are 'being good' or 'doing good' or 'helping others' that's not Karma Yoga.

Karma Yoga is all about the non-doing OF doing, in that you are only the vessel through which the Grace of God works...manifests through and there's no notion of "I have done this" or "I am getting 'good karma' by doing this" and, as rough as it may sound, many acts of Divine Will can occur that are NOT all 'aesthetically pleasing' to others, but as long as the notion is there of 'Thy will be done' and not 'My will be done' and as long as the very act is surrendered to God, or the acknowledgment is made that you are only the instrument...the puppet and have no control/say over any eventuality which occurs...THAT is the whole essence of Karma Yoga.

If I am of the belief that I am typing this, with full attachment to ego and thinking "who will read this?" and "is it important?" and "I am telling/teaching?" and "people may respect/appreciate me for this"...then, that is EGO Yoga.

If the typing is done for the sake of typing...if that which is identified as "I" just observes what is being typed...if the act is surrendered to God and the bhava is "whatever happens, happens, even if nothing does, why should there be anything/anyone here who cares?" then that is Karma Yoga.

It is 'selfless action' and that not only includes the 'individual self' but also any sense of 'other'...or it is just God serving another aspect of God as a reflection of the expanded Consciousness which knows no separation or individual distinction and that is both the practice and outcome OF it.

God is the one to whom the offering is made, God is the offering itself and God is the one who is offering.
Old 22-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Knower

In general, the text is taken from the lecture of one great saint who has reached the level above the mashamudra (the best student of my teacher)
His Yoga is the erasure of discernment between himself and others and so he simply voiced his thought process.
When this ,distinction is erased the karma absorbed in communicating with people does not take root in it and subsides. This is the secret of its maintenance of the level of the great saints.
And I think that he knows what is karma yoga.
The most interesting thing is that he reads such lectures freely from his head. He has never seen any of his abstracts. Although he did quite a lot with him and was at his lectures.
To understand the meaning of such a lecture, we need to break it into pieces, read it several times. And he just takes it from his head.
This is called the mind of Genia. And this means that he has the consciousness and mind of the beings of the higher worlds
Old 22-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
In general, the text is taken from the lecture of one great saint who has reached the level above the mashamudra (the best student of my teacher)
His Yoga is the erasure of discernment between himself and others and so he simply voiced his thought process.
When this ,distinction is erased the karma absorbed in communicating with people does not take root in it and subsides. This is the secret of its maintenance of the level of the great saints.
And I think that he knows what is karma yoga.
The most interesting thing is that he reads such lectures freely from his head. He has never seen any of his abstracts. Although he did quite a lot with him and was at his lectures.
To understand the meaning of such a lecture, we need to break it into pieces, read it several times. And he just takes it from his head.
This is called the mind of Genia. And this means that he has the consciousness and mind of the beings of the higher worlds
Ah, no wonder it is a huge block of text. It was copied and pasted straight up, without any breaks or input from your own awareness or experiences.

Your 'guru' may understand what Karma Yoga is all about...but so does Lord Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita but I'm not about to copy and paste the whole of Chapter 3 in reply to it, so I just summarised it, with reference to my own teachings and experiences in regards.

Thank you and good day to you, sir.
Old 22-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Guide

Please read the 'copy and paste' sticky at the top of this forum section.