Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
listen to what is experienced, and dont try hear what Xan experiences ot I experience of a deaf person or anyone else.

Yes, of course. I would never suggest otherwise.

On the other hand if you think everyone so simple minded they can't discern for themselves that one person's experience is not necessarily their own.........

As for me I have more respect for people's good sense than that.

Xan

Xan... people have a sound in their head, and that's what they hear. There's no point trying to find what isn't heard. you're saying that there's a sound this and thus and the source of the universe , someone else says it's a deep sound, others say it's OM sounding; and I'm saying all that is a load of hocum. Listen, there is a sound in your head, how would I know what it sounds like?

Now, you can desist the implication that I think people are simple minded and that I don't have high respect for the members, that's very manipulative and it misrepresents the truth.
Old 19-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Master
We see it differently. 'nuff said, Gem.

Xan

Old 19-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Master
But isn't it true that many people hear what someone has experienced and then try to emulate it?

Let's take qigong where the flow of qi is said to produce sensations like tingling, warmth, etc. Many people will think that this is what they must experience otherwise it is not the real thing. By looking for a specific experience they then overlook their own real experience.

Yes, this often happens in the beginning of any practice. I don't consider it a real danger because either they find out for themselves or someone tells them... "Letting go of expectations works best." It's an important part of the process I don't feel people need to be protected from.

People have been writing about experiences like this and other expressions of the inner universe for thousands of years. No self-appointed priest can tell me it's "wrong".

Xan

Old 19-10-2012, 07:42 AM
Sybilline

I have had it all my life too. But I hear it only when I pay attention to it, even the slightest attention. I also hear it when I observe silence. Even when it's noisy, whenever I try to dig deeper to find silence I hear this. My noise is high-pitched; the sort of high-pitched noise that you don't realize is there until you turn the tv off (even if it was on mute) and the living room falls silent. That sort. Don't know what it is exactly, but I have never been able to not hear it when I want to...
Old 19-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Knower
Thumbs up SOUNDS

THE SOUND I GET IS A CLICKING IN MY RIGHT EAR ,,ITS LIKE IF U PUT UR THUMB AND FINGER TO UR EAR AND CLICK THE 2 NAIL TOGETHER SOUND ,,,I ESPECIALLY GET THIS WHEN IM IN CHURCH OR WHEN IM THINKING SPIRITUAL , TALKING SPIRITUAL ,,,, IT USED TO REALLY GET ON MY NERVES BUT IT STOPPED LAST YEAR AND I KIND OV MISS IT ,,I MISS THAT EXTRA CONNECTION WITH SPIRIT , X
Old 19-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Master
jazz... The sound is still there, and other sounds too. It may be you can find another way of inner listening.

Xan

Old 19-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I have had it all my life too. But I hear it only when I pay attention to it, even the slightest attention. I also hear it when I observe silence. Even when it's noisy, whenever I try to dig deeper to find silence I hear this. My noise is high-pitched; the sort of high-pitched noise that you don't realize is there until you turn the tv off (even if it was on mute) and the living room falls silent. That sort. Don't know what it is exactly, but I have never been able to not hear it when I want to...

Sybilline... Have you looked into this thread on the subject? The Inner Sound Current - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3703

Xan

Old 19-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Knower
Thumbs up

hi xan thanx for ur comment ,,,. ,,, i hope ur right ,i miss it ,,i have asked for it to come bk ,,i think it is trying to start again sometimes as i get the ich in my inner ear that used to tell me its going to click any min now ,,lol but it dont not yet anyways but im sure it will ,
Old 19-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Master
jazz... I'd like to caution you against expecting the same clicking sounds again, as it may or may not show up like that again. In fact the inner sounds come in a wide range so you might stay open to anything you hear in that way.

Xan

Old 19-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
Just wondered if anyone knew anything?
I agree it could be tinnitus. Lots of people have that problem. Some people get it after taking antibiotics or being around loud music. Sometimes you just don't know. It might be a good idea to look into to it so if it is tinnitus, you can learn how to prevent it from getting worse.