Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 01-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Knower

How can I connect to nature more?

Any tips?

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Pathfinder
Root chakra meditation in a natural environment helps a lot.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:25 AM
Ascender

Just go out into it when you get a chance. At home grow a few things, keep a few animals and study them.
Old 16-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Master
I find that hunting and fishing are by far the best way to connect with nature......and if you're successful at it....you get the best all organic food anywhere too!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 16-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
I find that hunting and fishing are by far the best way to connect with nature......and if you're successful at it....you get the best all organic food anywhere too!

Unless you respect & honour what you eat or catch, as the aboriginals did and some [such as my close friend's tribe, he is the son of the chieftain] still do, the only thing nature is "connecting" with is your stomach.

The question to the OP is more why do they want to connect more with nature. If it is for a selfish reason then nature won't careless if they stripped naked and ran wild through the underbrush. There'll be absolutely no real connection except maybe with the ticks.

This is why in the olden days of the western frontier the old hermits and mountain men were once often recorded as being different. They are indeed connected with nature and view things far differently than their city slicker brethren. It is a slower lifestyle & far more peaceful. I'd know, I think nothing of throwing a backpack on and disappearing deep into the backwoods for days on end. I prefer it actually.

The easiest way depends on where the OP is. If they are stuck in a city, find a city park and meditate. Grow something in the backyard, or if no backyard the apartment. Take up painting, photography, etc.

Study animals. A better expectation would be let the animals study you.

Ever seen the older folks sitting on a park bench feeding the birds. Notice how the birds are usually all over them, even have absolutely no fear of landing on their shoulders, their hair, or their hands. Try it, it is quite an experience.
Old 22-06-2016, 03:35 AM
Seeker
I was raised out in the middle of nowhere so I guess I've never thought about it. I would say stay aware of your surroundings. Listen to the birds. The bring messages. I may not understand your question correctly but I stay well grounded to the earth. I pull my shoes off and walk barefooted I set in the woods and see just how quite I can be so the animals will move around me. I'm a tree hugger. Bonding with animals like my dogs. If you just sit in nature your animal instinct will help you.
Old 22-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Master
Sit on the grass with your back against a tree

I find this calms my spirit

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 26-06-2016, 08:40 AM
Newbie ;)

i think simply being out in nature is a huge step in the right direction. We spend a lot of our lives indoors, that is why so many of us are disconnected with mother earth. I recently went on a camping trip, far from the city and I cannot believe how different it felt up there. It was a much higher vibration. I dont think I've felt that kind of peace in a long time.
Old 26-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Master
I get withdrawels if I don't get out to my trails and trail run (or walk or hike)...I start feeling not so good. I get out there at the crack of dawn and watch that sun come up...no one else around. I am bursting inside. Joy, love fills me. I always have been one to study everything. Even when I get my camera out, I will lay flat on the ground and be eye level and take photographs. I get close ups of insects, plants. I stare upwards into trees and feel the awe of it. I respect it all...well, I have many times swatted the mosquitos and black flies that bite...my love doesn't extend when they are biting me but I understand the need for them to do so. I'm their food source.
Old 15-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellarnova
i think simply being out in nature is a huge step in the right direction. We spend a lot of our lives indoors, that is why so many of us are disconnected with mother earth. I recently went on a camping trip, far from the city and I cannot believe how different it felt up there. It was a much higher vibration. I dont think I've felt that kind of peace in a long time.
Well said...