Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 17-12-2015, 11:18 PM
Seeker
What drew you to your path?

Whatever form of Paganism it may be, what made you want to be a heathen? Just curious.

For me, it would be my Scandinavian heritage and my passion for all things Viking. It just felt right, as if it's in my blood.
Old 18-12-2015, 03:58 AM
Master
I discovered at age 15 thanks to a girl who came briefly into my life what paganism was, and thereby that everything I just naturally believed, that made sense to me, was actually a set of beliefs/way of life/spirituality/what have you. I was already a pagan, I just didn't know it!
Old 18-12-2015, 05:04 AM
Master

I was drawn to occultism as a young teenager through reading books and my interests expanded to Witchcraft and Wicca. I was born in an area in north east England where the Celts settled and am now following a Celtic path.
Old 18-12-2015, 06:31 AM
Deactivated Account

For as long as I remember I was drawn to my way (I'm not being clear on it because as of late my path has begun to change/clarify and I haven't sorted it all out yet), but I remember being about 5 years old picking berries and leaves and smashing them with a rock making "special goops" and singing to the leaves and the snow. It sounds corny I know lol
Old 18-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpixie
For as long as I remember I was drawn to my way (I'm not being clear on it because as of late my path has begun to change/clarify and I haven't sorted it all out yet), but I remember being about 5 years old picking berries and leaves and smashing them with a rock making "special goops" and singing to the leaves and the snow. It sounds corny I know lol

That's actually very interesting. Sometimes things start very young, and they're just meant to be.
Old 18-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
I discovered at age 15 thanks to a girl who came briefly into my life what paganism was, and thereby that everything I just naturally believed, that made sense to me, was actually a set of beliefs/way of life/spirituality/what have you. I was already a pagan, I just didn't know it!

That's sort of how I ended up with paganism. It just fell into place with my personal ideas.
Old 18-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Lepus

Hello lucas,

A friend of mine introduce Wicca into my life several years ago. I decided to order books in relation to Wicca and Witchcraft. I still don't have the props for casting rituals and setting up an altar. I'm hoping to receive all the tools by next year.

Quills Quiver

Last edited by Lepus : 18-12-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Master
My parens had pretty traditionally religious childhoods and didn't feel like it was the best way for them so when I was born they decided that whatever belief I was interested in they would support me.

I grew up going on long walks in the woods, looking for little people, collecting rocks and sticks :)

Now I'm a grown up doing the same

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 09-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Master
Put simply, I was drawn to the pagan paths by wandering the moors and dales of the North for several decades.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Knower

Being an intellectual, I became dissatisfied with Christianity after studying the evidence, and I started looking for a more likely religion in a systematic fashion. That's hardly the usual approach, but it's typically me.

All the "revealed" religions had similar flaws, so I studied the many manifestations of paganism. I had enough background in history, anthropology, and the Western Magical Tradition to see Wicca as modern and as "made-up" as the "revealed" religions. Hinduism had lost many pagan virtues in its long competition with / contamination by Buddhism and Islam. In any case, like the traditional religions of Africa, China, and Japan, it's very tied to its ethnic background.

Finally it came down to abandoning reason and relying on gut feelings. Of the reconstructionist practices, the Germanic and Semitic just didn't click, the Egyptian was a near miss, and Hellenism won! All those myths I was brought up on, and all the Classical authors I read at school and later obviously helped. When I got the occasional sense of the gods and a few answered prayers, I knew I'd made the right decision.