Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-05-2017, 02:58 AM
Guide

Op Chills "Over Powering"

Just curious and I wasn't exactly sure which subject to put this in.... but what is when you see something crazy heroic or op and you get the chills while watching it? Sometimes I may even spark a tear depending what it is. For example that scene in Avatar when Jake Sully appears on that large bird looking thing and everyone is shocked because its from their peoples legend and it has only happened a few times over hundreds of years? Lol or is this the E.T god gene embedded in me being triggered?

haha Just a thought. Let me know what you think?
Old 23-05-2017, 04:46 AM
Experiencer

From a physical view, this is elation. It's an outpouring of strong emotion that triggers hormones to be released; at times resulting in physiological responses. This occurs partly because we, and watchers, become invested in the outcome of events we see, particularly when watching TV/movies. We place ourselves in their shoes and our body reacts to those events as though we are in their place performing those actions.

I'm not really sure if there's any spiritual connotations, aside from the obvious; influx of energy/emotion.

I could explain a bit more about chills from a biological / evolutionary sense, but I have a feeling it would detract from the thread.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM
Guide

haha Not everything has to be 100% metaphysical with no physical or logical explanation for it. Sounds good to me haha :)
Old 05-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Deactivated Account

I think it's pretty normal to feel all "tingly" inside when you're really excited or passionate about something.

I often shudder or get a fast shiver or chills that run down my body as a warning sign!
I didn't understand what the chills meant at first so I started paying more attention to what I was thinking about or looking at when it happened.
Eventually, I figured out that the shudders happen around something I really don't resonate with, or something or someone that is really bad or dangerous for me.

I pick up on the energies even without seeing much, so it can sometimes be difficult to figure out what it was that caused my chills. For example, just the other day I was scrolling really fast through a bunch of posts in a buy and sell facebook group - fast enough that your eyes wouldn't be able to see anything, but the "shudder" happened regardless because I still was able to pick up on the energies of a certain post. Every time I scrolled through it that shudder happened, so I finally located the post that was making me shudder.

And I can't say with any evidence that the post or the poster was bad or anything, but all I know is my senses were completely overwhelmed from her for some reason, and not in a good way. The more I focused on it, the more nauseous I felt. I don't sense negative stuff like that all the time so I know that was a big warning for me to stay away.
Her post was talking about how she was looking for smaller clothes because she had lost a lot of weight (nothing really bad about that).
But when I looked at her profile picture, I was overwhelmed with a terrible feeling, so powerful that I felt nauseous just looking at her, it wasn't the way she looked, it was the sense I got from her.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:37 AM
Pathfinder
Feelings like this are when you think of aspects of "awesomeness" which in turn turns into things like heroic or at least cool aspects, eventually to things of what you view as intense or awesome god type aspects. This creates a spark inside you, a motivation if you will makes you want to try or do these actions and when you spark you feel you can do these things effectively. This is the aspect of doing things with awesome effectiveness that creates awe in other subjects. I get this feeling a lot with music and how i work with energies. In my own way i use energies to create music and soumd and in turn create intense factors and distortion among any other factors that can be created by ingenuity. This is a very "awesome" factor that i have used to motivate myself and create that op spark feeling. You should look into the things that make you feel this way and investigate, i believe many things can come to light as to why they do and what type of potential archetype motivates and sparks you in this way.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Guide

THank you guys a lot for your posts!

@Keokutah I think times like that where you are getting an overwhelming feeling such as the one you were receiving from that one person and you kept saying you felt nauseous and you said that she was also really skinny? Maybe you are picking up her feelings in a medium type of way and it was giving you insight to her state of being? Times like that when I feel or am sad or even when I am happy I say a prayer for them. When you pray an angel comes down instantly and they take it to god and then more angels act on it. With prayer you open doors for alternative possibilities for that person as a conscious creator. :)

@Phoenix Yeah I have been noticing them and wanted to hear what others think. I think I really know why I get them..... I feel that in those moments those feelings are a part of me. I have recollection of some of my past lives and have found that the certain moments in the movies remind me of things I have done in those lives. So its triggering memories in me.... :)
Old 21-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Guide
The science term is frission.
Old 22-06-2017, 11:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Yeah I never did find out what was up with that woman, but I definitely am known to be an empath so maybe she was feeling sick at the time, I don't know lol. Oh, maybe she lost a lot of weight due to an illness... but I will never know that because I don't even remember her name.

Lately I have been bike riding past this place I always go past, and maybe for about 40 feet I get those chills, but not the good kind of chills, the shudder type, where you feel like something just isn't right, and it sends this feeling into my belly sort of similar to how you feel when you go down a roller coaster. It's almost like a shocking feeling, like oh my god, what is that strong energy I am feeling! And with it, I got this terrible panicky foreboding feeling and felt like I just had to get out of there as fast as possible! This happened for a few days and only in that spot, and would dissapear as soon as I got to a certain place on the road (I regularly bike past that place) but yesterday when I went past I didn't feel any bad vibe at all, so I guess whatever it was, it cleared up.
I have no idea what it was! And I really wanted to stop and investigate to see what I was picking up on, but the feeling was so strong that I couldn't stay around it for long. I didn't see anything peculiar.

Ever since I've been paying attention to the chills, they are happening more and more frequently, and honestly I'm starting to wonder what they mean again, because most times now I have no idea why they are happening again. I am almost certain I get a negative vibe when I feel it, but maybe I'm "translating" that wrong. It's weird, and ever since I've been paying more attention to it, it's starting to get even stronger.

Edit: I wonder if maybe it's not bad energy, but maybe it's just very strong and just overwhelming my senses so it makes me freak out and gives me that feeling like I need to run away as fast as I can.
But you'd think a strong pleasant energy wouldn't make you feel that way??? I don't know. I've been around strong positive energies around my spirit guides and never felt that way before around those kinds of positive energies.
Old 23-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Master

yeah negative vibe... hard to cope with but I don't mind... I read recently on this forum somewhere that some eastern masters (at least) were of the mind that the earth energies are 'dense' and 'negative' so it could be just tuning into that... obvious reason for doing such a thing would be the miracles, levitation and so forth... the fact that it is so 'negative' might be one of the seals meant to keep us from learning about the greater reality...
Old 26-06-2017, 04:49 AM
Guide

@Keokutah
When I was first starting out on my path I was going to church. Every now and then I would feel such sensations as you described but it will feel like someone was trying to turn my head and utter words. I later found out that this is the starting point to medium ship and channeling a spirit. I think until you develop yourself further that all strong energy may feel the same.

As for the strong sensation in the gut im not quite sure what it means. Im not sure if it means danger or if it means DO IT? I remember before I knew how to put barriers up I was at work and this pair of psychics came up to place an order. 1 of the ladies said that she felt drawn to me for some reason and wanted to give me a free reading. She was able to confirm a bunch of things as I was going through some stuff then "Your not a bad person, she said" but then it turned... she also told me some stuff about being under 2 stars which I have heard before and even was told in a dream but didnt understand... She started to tell me that 6 great demons were after me and that she could help me out. Lol.... it involved me going to a graveyard and lighting a 6ft candle... She knew I didnt have money so she offered me to make a contribution...

She asked me what I had to donate... at that time my most prized possessions were a pair of guitars and I offered those. She told me that instead she would like me to donate a whole cheesecake from my job. So I would be basically stealing it.. and giving it to her. When she started to talk about these things I feel a great throbbing in my gut like never before.....

I decided not to give it to her and go through with her request. I figured that if the beings of the light wanted to help me out that it wouldn't involve me taking something that belong to me. Maybe it meant my soul was in danger since that is where the soul resides in that chakra area.... or maybe my soul wanted to do it so that I would be able to move past a lot of karmic learning.... I dont know... its always fun to contemplate what would of happened. For now I just have to add it to the list of things to see when I am able to astral project consciously.