Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-05-2017, 02:12 AM
Master

What speaks to you?

What speaks to you?

Currently water, plants, animals and music speak to me.

I like their songs and I hear them easily.

When something speaks to me... it uncovers the complexity of its existence... it all unfolds very naturally when I listen.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Lorelyen

A week and a bit ago, I was in the company of an orchid grower in his nursery. (MacBean's if anyone knows them). The intricacy of the many things that Nature does to allow these plants to flourish is staggering. Just the sheer harmony of everything working together, the pollination, the seeding, the ridding of waste...

I usually think of Nature as "that's what it is" but for once I was amazed.

Yes, these things tell us their stories. They hint at how we might harmonise, how, if we listened we might do less harm to each other and the very thing that supports us - Nature.

I listened to the blackbirds yesterday afternoon. Each with its own tune. They cast a great aura of peace across the domain.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Master
Today I have been listening to a little wise eight year old, enjoying all that he speaks to me about. When I say listen, I mean really listen to everything he wants to convey. When I do this, I realize now how conditioned I once was, how painfully suppressed my own inner child was and became as an adult. So with this awareness in me now, I look at him with much respect and attentiveness, to really hear him. When I do this, I notice between us a very real and beautifully arranged multi layered interconnectedness. And I see him for the value he brings to that moment in everyway he is and wants to speak to me about.

That was today. Everyday and every moment can speak to me, according to my own focus and attentiveness.

I like reminders to listen and notice let life speak more. It often opens up many pleasant and beautiful moments that are so easy to miss, when your busy and going to fast...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Experiencer

Coffee speaks to me, and uncovers the complexities of my existence.. :P

But in all honesty... what speaks to me changes from week to week. One week it'll be music, the next it'll be sculptures, the next colourful abstract art, then crystals, photos of beautiful scenery.. it's constantly changing. Each one will have an effect on any given day, but my focus changes pretty regularly.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Every second is full of synchronicity, at least for me it is, I guess that means I am on the right path.

I am seeing patterns and meaning in every single "unmeaningful" event that happens in my life, it is all speaking to me on a very deep level.

Whenever anything small or minor happens now, I stop and think about it because it all directly relates to a bigger pattern and I learn things from it, or it points me in a certain direction.

I am working on a lot right now.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Today I have been listening to a little wise eight year old, enjoying all that he speaks to me about. When I say listen, I mean really listen to everything he wants to convey. When I do this, I realize now how conditioned I once was, how painfully suppressed my own inner child was and became as an adult. So with this awareness in me now, I look at him with much respect and attentiveness, to really hear him. When I do this, I notice between us a very real and beautifully arranged multi layered interconnectedness. And I see him for the value he brings to that moment in everyway he is and wants to speak to me about.

That was today. Everyday and every moment can speak to me, according to my own focus and attentiveness.

I like reminders to listen and notice let life speak more. It often opens up many pleasant and beautiful moments that are so easy to miss, when your busy and going to fast...

Thanks for the reminder!

I like listening ti kids in short burts and with long rests in between LOL
I really like listening to quiet things as well haha.

Kids often have the strangest insights though little, nuggets of wisdom that they throw around, mostly when your not expecting it.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:36 PM
Master

That's a lovely way to be, Carnate.

It seems as though you are opened to listening to that which wants to be heard?

It reminds me of that old saying "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it - does it make a noise".

So much is available for us to hear. It makes me think that there is alot 'out there'and within which seeks to be heard...
Old 03-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Master

Orchids are weird organisms. People go crazy about them.

I get it - they are so intricate in detail and perfect at their job - using the powers of attraction to
trick and seduce their pollinators... flowers only think about one thing hahah.

I saw a David Attenbourgh episode on flowers once - flowers through a bees eyes... everything was in ultraviolet that was so cool...
Like the world of Avatar only much much cooler... but I didn't really like that movie.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Thanks for the reminder!

I like listening ti kids in short burts and with long rests in between LOL
I really like listening to quiet things as well haha.

Kids often have the strangest insights though little, nuggets of wisdom that they throw around, mostly when your not expecting it.

Yes I was the same when my child was young. I probably needed more down time which I didn't understand back then. When I think back to that time, I didn't really have the tools to understand myself fully, or him fully. Now more aware I can be more attentive with patience because I have other's children in those short bursts.. Its good though I support the younger family members by giving them a break that I didn't get and share with the children that space I can give now that they cant always get from their parents, simply because their parents get caught up in their issues and life matters too. Such is life.

I like what you shared about those little nuggets of wisdom. When your open and connected to a child who is open and connected, there is something quite magical occurring in that shared space. I have had this with adults of course, but adults tend to get in the way of themselves..hehehe.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Hunting, Death, Afterlife, Crows, Herons, Snakes, The Abyssal Deep and Her Monstrous Children.