Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Knower

It can be difficult indeed. Let it come as is. Do not look for outside information too much. It's confusing.
Old 26-04-2017, 11:23 PM
Pathfinder
Interesting observation for you. All the books written and information everywhere....I tend to read...evaluate...take what I need...forget about what I don't need because I still have my own belief systems. I will weigh everything and then make my own decision. Many, many, many, people have interesting thought-provoking thinks to share. Just like on this forum :)

Some words/writings turn into lessons you may not have realized you needed at that time but in retrospect you did. All teaches you a little bit about a variety of subjects. Its good to get a wide viewpoint but to always stay true to yourself and what you know to be true in your heart even if it may not resonate with someone else.

I read everything and listen to anything I can to understand spirituality/new age/metaphysical interests and to help me grow. BUT...I always make my own choice. Have you ever read a book and thought "this is the most perfect book and I really don't need any other one"....then down the road the thoughts and lessons learned that were at one time so powerful from that very book seem to lose their meaning and you happen to stumble on another book or piece of wisdom and again "this is the one". It was just time to move on because you grew...

Life is a growing and learning process. It's normal to stop following one way over another. You are always evolving so to follow one thing does not let you grow. This is where you are now. Who knows what your thoughts or feelings will reflect as you continue your journey?
Old 27-04-2017, 08:45 AM
Master
We all have our personal experiences, but not many can see the truth of them.
It is the truth which sets us free. Though the ego-self, the story maker of self, finds this truth business (spirituality) sucks.
Old 27-04-2017, 11:24 PM
Pathfinder
Am I missing something? Sometimes I read what others are trying to express but I just don't always understand their explanation... interpretation...or their words in general.

If Spirituality sucks in ones views (whoever has said that) ....WHY? are you on a Spiritual forum??

Yes...free speech...free will...blah...blah...blah. All have a right to their own beliefs and can express freely. I am finding it difficult to interpret what is meant. I want to learn and grow. Experience different people. See others views. Some post feel negative to me with no clear meaning

Maybe its me. I don't understand.....
Old 28-04-2017, 12:05 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle
Am I missing something? Sometimes I read what others are trying to express but I just don't always understand their explanation... interpretation...or their words in general.

If Spirituality sucks in ones views (whoever has said that) ....WHY? are you on a Spiritual forum??

Yes...free speech...free will...blah...blah...blah. All have a right to their own beliefs and can express freely. I am finding it difficult to interpret what is meant. I want to learn and grow. Experience different people. See others views. Some post feel negative to me with no clear meaning

if it helps when you are working on a jigsaw puzzle you don't initially see much of the picture, but as you go you work on finding the relationships between the peices and gradually it becomes a little more clear. For me it has been kinda like that.
Old 28-04-2017, 01:44 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
if it helps when you are working on a jigsaw puzzle you don't initially see much of the picture, but as you go you work on finding the relationships between the peices and gradually it becomes a little more clear. For me it has been kinda like that.

Thanks for the insight and great metaphor..... There is continuing growing and learning throughout life. All of us at different stages. I personally study daily and possibly some confusion on my part because I am actually on overload. I really amped up on a number of subjects.

We each hold different pieces of the puzzle. So ones words reflect where they are trying to fit the puzzle piece to where it may belong to them.....so our thoughts may clash but the main objective would be to take everyone's views into consideration with no judgement. We are free to believe or not to what is said. The puzzle may never be solved....

Someone always hides a piece
Old 28-04-2017, 02:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for the insight and great metaphor..... There is continuing growing and learning throughout life. All of us at different stages. I personally study daily and possibly some confusion on my part because I am actually on overload. I really amped up on a number of subjects.

We each hold different pieces of the puzzle. So ones words reflect where they are trying to fit the puzzle piece to where it may belong to them.....so our thoughts may clash but the main objective would be to take everyone's views into consideration with no judgement. We are free to believe or not to what is said. The puzzle may never be solved....

Someone always hides a piece

And sometimes you long like crazy to do the one thing: share your piece: and you simply aren't allowed
Old 28-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:

People often are having their own realizations in this way of relating, so often it is about them noticing more. But again there is always more as you show in the deeper awareness of life and others. So when the header says, spirituality sucks and suggests not to take on others, believe others, its almost contradictory to the realization itself isn't it?

We learn through all life and take things we need through those reflections, while we are alive and living this life, we can naturally engage this way. Who you are and what you know, how you choose to live and be, will move as itself and still be able to experience the nature of others and life experiences in any way you choose all the while deciding what that all means through your own awareness.

I think the Op is saying, "don't lose yourself" in all that. But even if you do, it shows me often, it will be part of your own process to reclaim yourself that way, if that is your life's intention and learning.

I noticed running said, don't lose your identity. In fact for me, losing my identity was part of opening to myself to my own authentic nature. If your aware of yourself letting go to that depth, then you would know that everything your "think you are" changes everything you were created as through your own mind.

Emptiness makes no claims of itself, because there are none.

The formation of you as a personality from that point, (for myself) simply became a free spirit and an expression as that as it expresses itself..:)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 03-05-2017, 01:10 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
People often are having their own realizations in this way of relating, so often it is about them noticing more. But again there is always more as you show in the deeper awareness of life and others. So when the header says, spirituality sucks and suggests not to take on others, believe others, its almost contradictory to the realization itself isn't it?

We learn through all life and take things we need through those reflections, while we are alive and living this life, we can naturally engage this way. Who you are and what you know, how you choose to live and be, will move as itself and still be able to experience the nature of others and life experiences in any way you choose all the while deciding what that all means through your own awareness.

I think the Op is saying, "don't lose yourself" in all that. But even if you do, it shows me often, it will be part of your own process to reclaim yourself that way, if that is your life's intention and learning.

I noticed running said, don't lose your identity. In fact for me, losing my identity was part of opening to myself to my own authentic nature. If your aware of yourself letting go to that depth, then you would know that everything your "think you are" changes everything you were created as through your own mind.

Emptiness makes no claims of itself, because there are none.

The formation of you as a personality from that point, (for myself) simply became a free spirit and an expression as that as it expresses itself..:)

Thank you naturesflow and others....I have re-read this post a few times and took my time in replying. Reading others views made me understand things better. Each of us is in a constant growing state and one cannot agree or truly comprehend what others are going through and thinking even though they state their viewpoint and it seems clear to them.

I now know to take a step back to really ponder someone else's words because the words spoken by them have deep personal meaning to them. If I don't quite understand them...all is fine. Gives me food for thought and helps in the growing process we are all in.

I try to be very open-minded....that is why I am on this forum. I love learning new things and agreeing or disagreeing doesn't matter. Its important to listen...contemplate...and learn from others. Our personal style of expressing ourselves may have caused me the confusion. I will have to think deeper and from another's viewpoint and know each has a right to express themselves in their own way.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:20 AM
Guide

This post was so necessary. Being fairly new on my journey, every topic I've googled or researched leads me to several, I mean several people who seem to put themselves on a pedestal...whether they're channeling some other-worldly being who has the universe all figured out, or teachers/speakers who possess the key to true happiness with a monthly membership fee of...$$$ whatever. Thankfully, my inner skeptic, lack of money to spare on this, as well as my " higher self" knows better than to be sucked in. Yes, there are great tools out there, great books, and inspirational speakers and YouTube videos, etc., I'm not suggesting that some info isnt real, but I am smart enough to piece it all together and make sense of it in my own head and follow my own path. Amen to that.