Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 19-04-2016, 03:38 AM
Knower
i agree that yokai, & demons in general r very much romanticized.
Old 19-04-2016, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox22
What are your thoughts on these myths and folklore. .

Yōkai (妖怪?, ghost, phantom, strange apparition) are a class of supernatural monsters and spirits in Japanese folklore. The word yōkai is made up of the kanji for "bewitching; attractive; calamity" and "apparition; mystery; suspicious".[1] They can also be called ayakashi (妖?), mononoke (物の怪?), or mamono (魔物?). Yōkai range eclectically from the malevolent to the mischievous, or occasionally bring good fortune to those who encounter them. Often they possess animal features (such as the Kappa, which is similar to a turtle, or the Tengu which has wings), other times they can appear mostly human, some look like inanimate objects and others have no discernible shape. Yōkai usually have a spiritual supernatural power, with shapeshifting being one of the most common. Yōkai that have the ability to shapeshift are called obake.
(wikipedia )

i've played a card game called Legend of the Five Rings which deals with Samurai and varied
beasties of oriental nature. there's some amazing art in there (better than MtG imo).

here's an article i've found that may interest you:
What’s the Difference Between Yurei and Yokai?
https://hyakumonogatari.com/2013/11/...rei-and-yokai/
Old 30-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Experiencer
I love legends about the Nekomatta [cat ghosts], Kitsune [fox spirits], and Tengu best.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:22 AM
Master

Yeah, Death Note is full of them...Shinigami...
Old 27-01-2017, 05:50 AM
Guide
My son is absolutely enamored with yokai because of the Japanese anime, he's always saying someone is enspirited with one or another depending on what they're doing :p He'll be very interested to learn that one of his favorite cartoons has it's roots in actual Japanese folklore, will have to find him some books!