Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Pathfinder

"Moon Magick" Got any spells?

I recently got a book called "The Source" thinking it was another LOA book but it turned out to be something completely different; "Moon Magick" a lot of the spells seemed to me to be law of attraction and NLP, there must be more to it than that though I thought.

So I was wondering, do any of you have any impressive spells to speak of that a newbie can try?
Old 20-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Lepus

Hello Simontology,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontology
I recently got a book called "The Source" thinking it was another LOA book but it turned out to be something completely different; "Moon Magick" a lot of the spells seemed to me to be law of attraction and NLP, there must be more to it than that though I thought.

So I was wondering, do any of you have any impressive spells to speak of that a newbie can try?

I would like to know the author of this book you have. There's this famous spell for beginners called the Witches' Bottle for protection against malicious Witchcraft & Sorcery.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 21-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Master
I do my own spells, and not ones from a book. I try to make the spells flexible and not put too many limitations on it. Of course, it depends on what you want to do, or need to do. For timing, I do 3 days before or 3 days after the new or full moon. I prefer the new moon. Not because it is waxing, but because it is more powerful before an aspect is exact. That is an applying aspect. The new moon is the conjunction of the sun and moon. The full moon is an opposition. A conjunction is more powerful and more supportive. That is not consistent with what you might read about the waxing and waning moon. It is consistent with basic astrology.

The 21st is the Winter Solstice, here. That is a big day.

A spell can be anything. Lets keep it simple and say a song is a spell. You could find a song that has words in it that are meaningful to you. The meaning of the song doesn't have to be considered as much as repeating words do. What the author intended, is not as important as the words that stand out, and the rhythm and the beat.... If you had timing, and a song, and a sacrifice, that would be a spell.

A sacrifice can be something simple like giving your dog a bone, or even watering a plant.

That is a simple spell. That is how I was taught to work with the energy.
It is sound magic.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:01 AM
Knower
Rozie, I have not thought of spells and such since I was a teenager, but today the idea stuck in my mind that I need to do something more ritualistic and intentional than meditative prayer towards a certain end- and so began searching the web for protection spells for children. After reading a bunch of complicated suggestions that did not resonate, I opted to look here - and voila, this post from you. It is exactly what I needed to hear, from that no-nonsense energy I have come to recognize as yours. Your way of casting makes complete sense to me. I know exactly what to do now. Thank you!
Old 24-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Master
@Delsol. I know many magical practitioners, and the best are those who use proper principals but do it their own way. The principals are pretty simple. The talent is within and you will know what makes sense.

The more you do it and trust your guidance or intuition, then you will know what to do.

There are so many techniques but you have your own ways. Ritual can be very simple and seemingly not connected to what you are trying to achieve, but it is. There must be a solid base and that is created through ritual. That is your magic pot that is always full, or your kettle. You are always performing acts of magic to keep on hand for the times when you need to use it. Those times are moon phases usually. There are many other significant dates.

That is a primer. The magic comes from within you. That is why spells work best if they are yours. There are guidelines, or rules, but they are simple. A simple spell can be as effective as a complicated spell. It is up to you to sense what is called for.

Thanks for the compliment.
Old 27-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Ascender
I use a Selenite crystal that I attached to a length of Aspen.
It's often been used with the selection of tarot cards.

You don't have to carve and whittle your own wand but I do find
Selenite crystal has good protective energies, especially when charged with moonlight.

Because the wand is made from a branch of Aspen and Selenite crystal
I've named it a Penseline Wand - for Tarot cards and for writing Moonletters.

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what the wand looks like.
The crystal is lit by a table lamp and an LED book light, giving it a good optical illusion :)

https://s28.postimg.org/bolz7l5wt/Wand_3.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/q4yt7evm3/Wand_5.jpg
Old 01-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I use a Selenite crystal that I attached to a length of Aspen.
It's often been used with the selection of tarot cards.

You don't have to carve and whittle your own wand but I do find
Selenite crystal has good protective energies, especially when charged with moonlight.

Because the wand is made from a branch of Aspen and Selenite crystal
I've named it a Penseline Wand - for Tarot cards and for writing Moonletters.

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of what the wand looks like.
The crystal is lit by a table lamp and an LED book light, giving it a good optical illusion :)

https://s28.postimg.org/bolz7l5wt/Wand_3.jpg

https://s23.postimg.org/q4yt7evm3/Wand_5.jpg

It's hard to see the picture well, but I like it.

That's good work!!!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:38 PM
Ascender
I'm not very good with a camera but I'll take some daylight pictures
soon and that should show better detail.

Thanks
Old 16-02-2017, 02:31 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
I'm not very good with a camera but I'll take some daylight pictures
soon and that should show better detail.