Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 30-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Bev

combating fear

Hi i am very new to chakras and how they work ect.
My problem is as follows:.I have had several nasty horse riding falls during a canter transition.I have now built up a fair amount of fear and loss of confidense.
Which chakras are connected to fear?If indeed they are.And is there a meditation ect on releasing fear from the said chakra.
I hope that someone out there can help me as im looking at ways to over come and move foreward with my riding.....
Thanks guys
Old 30-06-2011, 08:25 AM
tragblack

I think maybe the solar plexus is associated with confidence.
Old 30-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Bev

Thanks bud...excuse my ignorance but i think that is the yellow one eh
Old 30-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Topology

Fear occurs across the whole being, not just in a specific chakra. Fear causes a loss of power in the chakra.

Being afraid to speak your truth will cause your throat to constrict.
Being afraid to engage a situation will give you stress and headaches.
Being afraid to feel gives you heartache.
Being afraid to to confront and stand in your power makes the gut go weak.
Legs can go weak and cause you to fall due to fear.

Look at what you fear. Look at why you now feel impotent. Look at what would make you feel potent. You are going weak in response to the image of failing to be a good horse rider. If you still desire to ride horses and want to be confident on a horse, then you can do one of two things:

1) Get back on the horse and practice until you can perform the desired act.
2) Understand you have limits and its okay. Having trouble with just transitions doesn't mean you're bad at everything else. It just means you haven't got the hang of it yet.

the question is, how are you judging yourself? How are you expecting yourself to be?

Falling from such a height with such a powerful beast trampling around you can be quite scary and shocking to the body.

Find out what is afraid.

It's possible that your body is scared for you and has retreated. In which case you'll need to commune with your body and soothe it. Apologize and console it. Praise yourself for what you can do well and let it be okay to not be the pinnacle of perfection. Riding should be fun and enjoyable, and mistakes acceptable.

How is falling unacceptable in your mind?
Old 30-06-2011, 09:51 AM
mattie

Moving Past Fear

Don’t worry about fear being connected to a specific chakra. Topology is Spot On about the cause & effect of fear (on the chakras) as well as not expecting your self to be a ‘pinnacle of perfection’ & generously praising self. You can move past fear using both your focused intent & perseverance & actively working w/ your energies, discharging fear.

Each time that fear arises, stop the thought or emotion. Gently remind self w/o any harsh criticism or rebuke that this has never done you any good & won’t now. Send it away. It can be sent back to the Universe via HS for recycling.

Persevere. KNOW that others have moved through fear & you can too. Have the wisdom to see that this is an ongoing learning process & the flexibility to allow that fear cropping up doesn’t negate the times that you’ve successfully guided your self out of this emotion.

Fear Deconstructed- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...009#post156009

As we expand our consciousness we can have old energetic debris unearthed that we have to actively discharge. While this isn’t our favorite part of the process it is an important one that shows substantial progress is being made.

Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...540#post189540

Donna Eden, an experienced energy worker, gives allot of information about energy methods she uses in ‘Energy Medicine’ to balance the body's multiple energy systems. I take issue w/ Eden’s view of the back brain as an incomplete view of its function, but this is a very small point & doesn’t affect or negate the valuable information she is sharing about energy practices.

Eden uses a chakra balancing exercise. Start from the base chakra & work up. Hold a hand or both hands about 4” above the chakra, rotating counterclockwise for about 3 minutes (use what feels right), then clockwise for at least half that time. For a man’s crown chakra, reverse this using the clockwise motion first, then the counterclockwise one.

Eden uses a calming stroking motion (Sedating Triple Warmer) that begins at the bottom front of the ear (use opposite hand) & goes up around the top of the ear, down the outside of the shoulder, pulling the energy off the 4th, ring finger. Shake the fingers w/ a flicking motion when finished to remove the energy. Pg. 105. Useful for fear & anxiety. I modified this exercise to use both hands at the same time w/ the hand on the same side as the ear, continuing down from the back of the ear to the front of the neck (5th chakra), meeting & crossing over, going down the opposite arms (outside edge from shoulder to elbow, then moving to the inside of the arm) & pulling the energy off the 4th finger of each hand at the same time. Use what feels right for you. Sometimes just flicking the fingers is effective to help discharge unwanted energy.

Jin Shin Jyutsu uses what they call cabling, holding various body parts w/ the hand for a few minutes to do self help energy work. Hold either index finger w/ the fingers of the other hand w/ the thumb underneath. Fm. ‘The Touch of Healing.’ Pg. 36 & 37. Holding a point (Safety Energy Lock 5) on the inside of the ankle, between the ankle bone & heel is useful for fear. It helps us release the old & move on. Use whichever hand is most comfortable. Pg. 66 & 67.

Good diagrams in both books which give numerous methods for working w/ one’s energy.

EFT can also be a very useful energy medicine technique. The free description is more than adequate. Keep affirmations in the positive & use I AM at the start if possible. Tapping I AM not fearful will reinforce fear. A useful option is I capably dealing w/ things. Put in your own words.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14

Have compassion & patience w/ self about moving past this.
Old 30-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Bev

Wow thank you so much for your detailed insights.Both make so much sense.I now have a direction in which to start my journey of discovery.I know a lot of it is in my mind......on a bright note i have a lesson today and i am looking forward to moving on from where i am ......big thanks guys
Old 30-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Master
I would say the red chakra, but like above posters have said all chakras are entertwined, also you have fear chords ask Archangel Michael to cut them, Doreen virtue talks about this and I'm sure you can google this type of meditation to do.
Spiritlite.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Master
Bev... A great method for clearing fears like you are describing, and other issues as well, is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. It is easy to learn and use for oneself and works so well it is truly amazing. There's an introductory article at:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Old 01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Bev

thanks yet again for your help......nice to know that their is so many helpful friends out there willing to help....off to do some reading on all of the above..
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Amorillum

Hi Bev,
I would encourage you to do a colour meditation working through the colours and allowing your body to rebalance itself. It's more than about choosing the corect chakra to work with - there alsways needs to be balance. Your body and spirit are wise - trust your intuition during a colour meditation and you'll feel yourself 'aborbring' the energy frequency/frequencies you're lacking or those that need boosting. That siad, you may also have auric damage - which would need healing.