Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Lindsey89

tarot, runes?

So i've been reading (or trying to anyways ) read tarot cards. I got into it when my big sister always read them for me. But i never did my own or start really doing it till recently. She also taught me how to do numerology (its funny because i suck at math. I get lost when i count. i get distracted haha. but this is so easy for me). And ways so i got this new book for my tarot cards it has 78 different kinds of spreads for personal discovery. i thought it was neat.. but does the spread of the cards make the reading different? and make the readings different from the one i was taught? Also i was doing one about my relationship about my ex (my kids father he wants to work it out) but i got the death card. now im new to this so sorry if i sound immature lol. That only means that something about us has died? it dont mean im going to or he is? because that card always has scared me! i read the meaning of it but it just doesnt make sence to me for some reason. can someone please explain it to me? thanks!

also i've been doing some research on runes. And they have some pretty ones at the store i buy all of my stuff from. Are they in a way like tarot? or totally different? I wanted to try them out. Like i have this urge to buy them like i HAVE to but i dont. i fight it and just walk away but regret it :\ lol

Last edited by Lindsey89 : 09-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:09 PM
green

hi lindsey89

if you feel you must buy the runes, the go and buy them. try them out, follow your heart...this is the right thing to do allways.

about death card. if to stick to the books, then NO death card is not about death or actual death of someone. it is all about change, end of something old and birth of something new. things coming to an end while making room for new things to enter your life. end of a circle.

what do you mean spread makes the reading different? not sure i understand what you are asking.
in spreads each card-space has meaning or function: past, present, your heart wish, your fears, what others think about you, what will help you, what will support you, what will stand in your way, and so on..
now you need to understand the card's meaning in the light of the position or place it got in the spread. is that clear? i hope so.
so let say you have the ace of hearts in the past, it might talk about love issues from your past that still influencing your present time while if you have it in what others think about you position, it might mean, other ppl love you and care about you, or think you need new love and loving energy in your life ...you need to combine all the different aspects of the spread and the cards together.
other answer: follow your intuition, what you feel comes up from the cards. this will be the right answer for you.

hope this helps

G
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Lindsey89

Green,
That does help. A lot acutally thank you so much!
And what im talking about is like.. i'll give u a few .. one is called know thyself and its oly a 3 card spread. and another one is reaching the goal and its a 4 card spread and there is 78 different spreads in the whole book. but there not the same layout... i hope that made sence.. i didnt know how els to explain it lol.
and as far as the runes.. im going to buy some!! and im very excited about it. :)
Old 09-10-2010, 04:01 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey89
So i've been reading (or trying to anyways ) read tarot cards. I got into it when my big sister always read them for me. But i never did my own or start really doing it till recently. She also taught me how to do numerology (its funny because i suck at math. I get lost when i count. i get distracted haha. but this is so easy for me). And ways so i got this new book for my tarot cards it has 78 different kinds of spreads for personal discovery. i thought it was neat.. but does the spread of the cards make the reading different? and make the readings different from the one i was taught? Also i was doing one about my relationship about my ex (my kids father he wants to work it out) but i got the death card. now im new to this so sorry if i sound immature lol. That only means that something about us has died? it dont mean im going to or he is? because that card always has scared me! i read the meaning of it but it just doesnt make sence to me for some reason. can someone please explain it to me? thanks!

also i've been doing some research on runes. And they have some pretty ones at the store i buy all of my stuff from. Are they in a way like tarot? or totally different? I wanted to try them out. Like i have this urge to buy them like i HAVE to but i dont. i fight it and just walk away but regret it :\ lol

Hmm, Lindsey sounds like you're sorta all over the map in your interests. When you're so new at all these similar things but different, I'd say try shutting your eyes and focusing ~~~ Which One draws you the Most, and choose that one and stick with it, read about it, ask people here or wherever who might know about it and get good at that One thing, First, it pays to get your feet wet, not get a whole dunking you'll come out more confused. My two cents, I wish you well on your choice.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 PM
green

hi silvergirl

i agree that being all over is not good, but runes and tarot, this is not too much to take at the same time. but even taking more is good i think as you open yourself and learn and explore, at the end you will stay with what best resonate with you. but you can't know it till you try it.

only my thoughts though.

G

as for spreads lindsey89,
i think there you should take silver's advice and pick 2-3 spreads and stick to these at first till you gain control over the cards and readings.
the most common spreads are 3 cards spread for past present and future. the other one would be the celtic cross, and if you want something to practice more, take the 7 days spread, a card for each day of the week which would give you an over view of the up coming week, another one would be a card for a day, which means to draw a card everyday as a daily reading. this is a good practice and give you a good connection with the cards.
hope this helps

G

Last edited by green : 09-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Lindsey89

Green and Silvergirl,
You guys are right about moving slow with the spreads. I'm just gonna start with the smaller one the 3 card and work my way up to the bigger ones. I got me a tarot book and read it on my trip to kansas. i finnished with it! but i have another question now.. the cards i got were Rider-Waite cards. Does it matter what kind you have? i was thinking about maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe getting another deck that popped out at me. But maybe not. You know to have on hand for when i get better?

As far as the runes... I havent gotten them yet.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 AM
green

hi lindsey89

you don't have to start with 3 cards spread... you can pick any spread you feel strongly about, just stick to 1-2 spreads and muster them.

as for decks... i have many of them at home. i never felt good with the rider deck allthough i use it for teaching. most books use the rider deck it is the most common and popular. but if you feel like buying a new deck, go and buy, buy as many that you wish, try them out, with time you will find which deck is best for you, and which deck you use for what. if you choose to do meditation with the cards you might find that you prefer a different deck then the one you use for readings... just a thought there.
there are so many decks... follow your heart and explore.
and yes you will end up with decks you will never use...
but....

for me, i'm happy to have all those decks even if i don't use them

hope this helps

G
Old 11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Lindsey89

Green,
It does help! i'm going out today while my son is at school and buy me some. :) thanks for the advice!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM
green

enjoy Lindsey

tell us which deck(s) you got if you don't mind :)

enjoy your learning, this is i think one of the most important things.
as well as trusting yourself.

G
Old 15-10-2010, 01:44 PM
ShamanWoman

When I read I don't typically use any of the predetermined spreads. I close my eyes and get a feeling for how many cards to draw. Once in a while I will feel the need to put them in a particular way, but not often. Like, I did one reading where I felt the need to put the cards into a cross. But usually I just lay them all out in a row. The nice thing with tarot is that you don't have to follow the instructions if you don't want to. :)

And don't be scared by the death card. Life is a continuous cycle of deaths and rebirths. The old falls away to make room for the new. It's a good thing.