Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 19-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Pathfinder
Wild imagination

Hello forum. Take note that I have posted similar questions before, but I can't seem to find out what's what. Hope that someone of you have been through something like this and have some tips for me.

Okay so, when I first practiced the law of attraction, my power of imagination was fairly small (I guess this is because I haven't used it in many many years). So the things I imagined (and manifested), was what should I say, solid objects. After some time my imagination became more vivid and it felt like if I stepped into an inner movie of some sort. Now I have trouble shutting this off, and it just keep "painting" wild around me. And this question might sound silly to you, but I am actually afraid that I can hurt people with this. Like, there is this girl I just met that I really like. And I keep imagining that we do things together. But sometimes my imagination just turns "dark" and it does dark stuff. And this is not intentional from my side. So question is, is it possible that I can hurt this girl in any way? I go with a feeling that my third eye is closed, but as I said, my imagination is straight out wild. Well, I guess I don't have any further questions as of now, maybe your answers will bring out some. Thank you so much for your help! :)
Old 20-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Lorelyen

Sometimes magic/magick releases us from inhibitions aligned with our social conscience. Same can happen with acute anger or when drunk. Things we're unlikely to do sober, socially stable, become unchecked.

Unless (seriously) you're a sorcerer AND/OR the girl is particularly vulnerable I doubt you could hurt her over the astral plane. It is possible but you'd have to make a deliberate effort and she'd have to be weak.

Whether you could hurt her in the material plane is a different question. If you think you might, no matter how vivid your imagination, then your condition borders on psychopathy and you should seek treatment. I read cases every day about people getting a fixation on the opposite gender with terrible consequences.

There's nothing wrong with a vivid imagination. It often leads to an unique greatness in, say, art, music, dance, spiritual exploration and things. To me it's important to explore our dark sides and bring what we can out into the light, to disperse it, to examine it, to trace its source, which we can do with contemplation, trying to rationalise it or objectify it in our inner vision so we can deal with it.

You've partially done this by opening your awareness to it, acknowledging it and questioning the possible consequence. What you must now do is disperse it altogether. Ask why this particular girl? Does it happen with others? Why do you think she should be victim of your imagination (sexual fantasy aside). Do you think you stand a chance with her? How well do you believe you know her, etc?

It's a shame to have to tame our imaginations but when they might materially afflict others, we have to - not by suppression but using our logical senses to question it and disperse it. Like I say, if you feel you may do her harm in person, professional advice is probably best. But if you're otherwise of sound mind and can contain it, learn what it tells you about your dark side and deal with it.

Old 20-07-2017, 08:57 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you Lorelyen for a thorough answer!

To answer your question about the material plane, the answer is no. I have never been, and I will never be that kind of person. I am a young man with a big heart and I believe that I am in general a good person. I could also add that I am expressing myself a lot through music, singing to be exact.

I can tell you this much; that during my awakening I had some people taking advantage of me, which has made me very closed and skeptical to new people in my life. SO I guess what I am really battling is whether or not I am a good or bad person. I guess that is what it comes down to. As of now I can't really tell, because I feel that I sit in a position of not knowing much at the moment. And I also think that this is the main source of why I am "dark" in my imaginative world some times. I am trying to embrace my shadow self but it is very hard to first and foremost acknowledge that I have a side that is like that. I have been digging too deep in the meaning of life for too long and I try to find a meaning in everything. It is just frustrating to not know what's going on and to not be in control of my own actions/thoughts. Meditation is of course key here but I should also add that I started hearing voices a couple of years ago and these voices keep interrupting me when I try to meditate. And yes, I have been treated for this and I still take medication to this date.

I guess my answer escalated a bit here but the more I write about my current state of mind, the more I also can analyze myself and what is happening.

Thank you again for your answer.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1GHT
Hello forum. Take note that I have posted similar questions before, but I can't seem to find out what's what. Hope that someone of you have been through something like this and have some tips for me.

Okay so, when I first practiced the law of attraction, my power of imagination was fairly small (I guess this is because I haven't used it in many many years). So the things I imagined (and manifested), was what should I say, solid objects. After some time my imagination became more vivid and it felt like if I stepped into an inner movie of some sort. Now I have trouble shutting this off, and it just keep "painting" wild around me. And this question might sound silly to you, but I am actually afraid that I can hurt people with this. Like, there is this girl I just met that I really like. And I keep imagining that we do things together. But sometimes my imagination just turns "dark" and it does dark stuff. And this is not intentional from my side. So question is, is it possible that I can hurt this girl in any way? I go with a feeling that my third eye is closed, but as I said, my imagination is straight out wild. Well, I guess I don't have any further questions as of now, maybe your answers will bring out some. Thank you so much for your help! :)
Meditation is a good tool to help you control your thoughts and imagination.