Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 17-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
Connection to weather?

Hi! Before anything, I have to apologize if this is the wrong category - I had no clue where this would be appropriate, and the mention of nature spirits seemed at least somewhat relevant. :)

Winter has always been an incredibly meaningful piece of my soul. I feel connected to it through a really strange intensity, to the point where anything apart from winter/cold leaves me feeling like a tremendous part of my own personal 'puzzle' is missing.

But when the season finally rolls around or it's simply twenty degrees, I'm excited - it's just not the same. There's still a void which feels really, really painful, and I've noticed that can only be filled by snow. Whenever it's snowing is the only time I feel truly, 100% whole. I never know what's missing or where the pain is from, and then it starts snowing and I internally go "ooooh - that's what was gone." It's like a buildup and release of something.

Is there a name for feeling this type of connection to weather? Does anyone know why it happens? I've tried pinpointing any subconscious connection to my childhood; nothing has come up yet, so I'm wondering if anyone knows any more info about this. :)
Thank you so much! Hope you're enjoying the weekend!
Old 19-01-2016, 09:35 PM
Master

You might have to go deeper than your childhood to get answers. Try searching your ethereal self. I have always felt at home in thunderstorms. It is like a greater power awakes in me spring / summer when the weather is to be out in them is amazing!

Maybe you are a Stark: winther is coming
Old 20-01-2016, 04:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Hi! Before anything, I have to apologize if this is the wrong category - I had no clue where this would be appropriate, and the mention of nature spirits seemed at least somewhat relevant. :)

Winter has always been an incredibly meaningful piece of my soul. I feel connected to it through a really strange intensity, to the point where anything apart from winter/cold leaves me feeling like a tremendous part of my own personal 'puzzle' is missing.

But when the season finally rolls around or it's simply twenty degrees, I'm excited - it's just not the same. There's still a void which feels really, really painful, and I've noticed that can only be filled by snow. Whenever it's snowing is the only time I feel truly, 100% whole. I never know what's missing or where the pain is from, and then it starts snowing and I internally go "ooooh - that's what was gone." It's like a buildup and release of something.

Is there a name for feeling this type of connection to weather? Does anyone know why it happens? I've tried pinpointing any subconscious connection to my childhood; nothing has come up yet, so I'm wondering if anyone knows any more info about this. :)
Thank you so much! Hope you're enjoying the weekend!
It may have to do with your DNA and ancestors, too. Say, if you are fair hair or have fair skin, they might have migrated and lived in the northern parts of the earth where it is cold and snows a lot.

That kind of memory and feelings, I believe can be passed down from generation to generation. In a subconscious way, you might be connecting to your heritage and the atmospheric conditions your ancestors lived in for really, who knows how long, possibly many, many centuries...that goes for food too....you might even favor certain foods they liked to eat..because its kind of part of your DNA thats been passed down to you. I do believe in that stuff...btw, i absolutely love snow*
Old 20-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
You might have to go deeper than your childhood to get answers. Try searching your ethereal self. I have always felt at home in thunderstorms. It is like a greater power awakes in me spring / summer when the weather is to be out in them is amazing!

Maybe you are a Stark: winther is coming

That's exactly what I was thinking. Not that I'm a Stark, of course! But that it relates to something beyond psychological connections. And yes, exactly, it feels like it wakes something up inside of me - just like you described. But would my own 'ethereal' energy be this connected with something that exists on the physical plane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado
It may have to do with your DNA and ancestors, too. Say, if you are fair hair or have fair skin, they might have migrated and lived in the northern parts of the earth where it is cold and snows a lot.

That kind of memory and feelings, I believe can be passed down from generation to generation. In a subconscious way, you might be connecting to your heritage and the atmospheric conditions your ancestors lived in for really, who knows how long, possibly many, many centuries...that goes for food too....you might even favor certain foods they liked to eat..because its kind of part of your DNA thats been passed down to you. I do believe in that stuff...btw, i absolutely love snow*

Aw, glad to hear you love it, too! :) I've thought it might be ancestral for a while, too. Only thing is, my family is far removed from anywhere north - we're largely Southern European and anything in my DNA would (probably) favor waaay warmer climates. But is it possible that one individual from my family found themselves living in Scandinavia, Russia, etc. feeling the same way? And that feeling kept passing down and down through DNA until something activated it within me?

Thank you both so much for your help; can't tell you how much I appreciate it!
Old 20-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Master
I feel very similar about the snow.

I was born and lived until I was 6 in the Mid-Atlantic region - near the Appalachain mountains - my parents then moved me to Southwest Florida...

I BEGGED for years and years to move to a colder climate... as a child I was convinced that heat and humidity caused people to be "mean".

When I was 25 my boyfriend and I moved to where he is from - Upstate NY! I'm finally home! When it snows I feel more alive than anything. His family affectionately calls me "The Snow Witch".

Saturday I'm turning 30 and were expecting our first real snowstorm of the season... I couldn't have asked for a better present. :)

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 21-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
But would my own 'ethereal' energy be this connected with something that exists on the physical plane?

I believe that it is the very thing that connects us to the world. Wherever it flows from it flow into this or through this world giving you form. Or maybe the world flows through your ethereal self, and this, the one you are right now is merely an extension of this. So the more you connect to this subtlety within, the more in tune you are with yourself, and the force from which you flow. This might just be the force of frozen winter?

I am more of a spring kinda feline beast - soft like a kitten and swift like the wind haha... yet majestic like the mighty thunder
Old 22-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Suspended
You probably have good memories associated with snow in your childhood.
Old 22-01-2016, 10:57 PM
Administrator
I agree with Thunder Bow i remember the heavy snow we used to have here every winter i love the snow but hate rain with a passion, those were the days when we had seasons 4 of them now we get 4 in one day here

Namaste
Old 28-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Knower
I have had some similar experiences. I love both rain and snow. Either weather condition usually makes me feel unusually happy and bubbly, and large thunder storms make me hyper, very hyper. I like to run outside and chase them. i often laugh while doing this and collect a lot of weird looks.
Over the years i have heard a lot of explanations for this.
Back when i was studying with a Wiccan coven people said that it happened because i had an affinity with the water element. Other people said i was just picking up on static energy in the atmosphere (I think they meant electric). I always figured that it was just part of who i am. Its fun who cares why it happens?
My advice would be to embrace it and enjoy what you can abbout it.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Suspended

I feel very similar to the Autumn season. I'm very much drawn to this season because of the cooling weather and the beautiful and vibrant tree colors. It's not only the physical appeal but it's what makes me feel most at home.

For weather, I prefer moderate temperatures. I also love places where the seasons actually change ;P.

Weather-wise I enjoy all kinds of weather but I really feel drawn to rain and thunderstorms. The freshness during and after a rainfall, and especially after a thunderstorm is invigorating. Feeling the energy of a storm is an amazing experience for me. Sometimes it can be too much if it's a really gnarly storm, I'm more likely to want to be quite jumpy, haha!