Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 11-12-2011, 04:26 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
pre-dawn, are you seriously this ignorant or just baiting mac?
I am seriously ignorant.

The wikipedia page about Spiritualism has an extra-ordinary number of references to spirits, medium, seances, etc., so much that it comes across as being obsessed with it.

Expressed as a ratio, how much time is spent on this communication with discarnate entities compared to other things?
Old 11-12-2011, 08:44 AM
deepsea

It would be an excellent idea and encouragement if the spiritualist churches would advertise more.
We need the public to show more interest in the subject to carry on the truth about the afterlife.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM
mac

"Expressed as a ratio, how much time is spent on this communication with discarnate entities compared to other things?"

the ratio is approximately 1:9,996,894

I worked it out only recently - hope that helps.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:00 AM
glenos

The Pythagoreans, who defined numbers as expressions of ratios, believed that reality is numerical and that the 'Golden Ratio' expressed an underlying truth about existance.

Most interesting.

G

Old 11-12-2011, 10:28 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
The Pythagoreans, who defined numbers as expressions of ratios, believed that reality is numerical and that the 'Golden Ratio' expressed an underlying truth about existance.

Most interesting.

G

You're taking me back to my school days,G.
There is more truth in numbers than we realise.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:47 AM
glenos

I was being facetious J.
I was hardly ever at school. I remember though how many 'Black Jacks' you could get for a Groat (the meaning of life at the time)

G
Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Deactivated Account

I think its the common misconception that Spiritualist = mediums/talking to the dead. Its all over the TV with Spiritualist Mediums.

I really enjoy the previous long description by MMM. Personally I always thought its was a Christian thing. Talk of God and Christain Spiritualisum.

Glad to read otherwise. I guess it depends how you choose to see your God.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaausti
Sorry, don't got a simple answer, just some assumptions and in my opinon...

To me, in the US its probably because we've only used the term "Religion" as stated in our First Amendment Rights. It was probably for lack of a more inclusive term. As you know, Religion is more tangible, majority have doctrines or set of thousands of ways to behave. It probably was easier to describe at the time to add Freedom of...and maybe the term was too loose or non existent at the time???

I don't know that believers of Pagans, WICCANS, Buddhist, Native American Cultures and Religious practices, etc. was REALLY thought about as being "a part of" that Freedom of Religion when this amendment was created...which I would categorize all, including Christianity under Spirituality. But, the intention "I hope" was to allow the people to choose and not be a one size fits all country???

I'm stretching, I know...

As the WICCANS or those who practice non-Christian religious systems (based on our 1st Amendment) become more accepted and when the witch hunts and burnings ceased? maybe, the non-Christian groups...came out from underground...to now, the forefront...where I believe many (like probably most if not all people) on this site are willing to talk about it as normal conversation and not in a fear based way.

I mean we gotta face the facts? While we promote Freedom of Religion, Christianity/Catholics, etc. were the prominent spirit based groups and still is.

HOWEVER! Today, some, like those on this forum can have more open discussions about the different aspects of Spirit for more understanding WITHOUT burning, killing, or ex-communicating each other. Yes, we know that these biases and in some respects hatred exists...but, today, there are more people that are willing to connect instead of divide groups, I don't think this was the case a century or two ago.

I think its a matter of time evolving and the awareness that at the core of many horrific acts (like most wars) is a battle between religious groups...So, those like those on here? Continue to say...HOLD ON! There must be a more inclusive and loving way of living! Just some thoughts...

There are more arguments over Spiritualism than who gets to make the morning coffee!
I tend to keep out of any arguments,will walk away.
As was said,too many wars over religion......
Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
I was being facetious J.
I was hardly ever at school. I remember though how many 'Black Jacks' you could get for a Groat (the meaning of life at the time)

G

My God,you are going back in time!
Even I remember that.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:42 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I think its the common misconception that Spiritualist = mediums/talking to the dead. Its all over the TV with Spiritualist Mediums.

I really enjoy the previous long description by MMM. Personally I always thought its was a Christian thing. Talk of God and Christain Spiritualisum.

Glad to read otherwise. I guess it depends how you choose to see your God.

I don't watch that kind of TV but my guess is that they're called 'spiritual mediums' rather than Spiritualist mediums....

In passing may I point out that 'Christian Spiritualism' is a contradiction as Christianity has certain beliefs directly opposite to the teachings found in (Modern) Spiritualism.