Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
mac

In the UK an explanation doesn't need quite so many words....
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM
deepsea

I appreciate all your replies,some interesting information there of facts I was not aware of,like Spiritualism being recognised as a religion in the UK,Mac.

Why my question was asked was for a simple reason.
After moving from one area to another in the UK,I checked the telephone directory looking for the nearest Spiritualist church in the area.
I looked under 'churches' for an entry for Spiritualism.
Nothing was listed for that request.

When my husband passed over I wanted a Spiritualist minister to adminster the service.
Couldn't find one.
When I finally attended the spiritualist church,which was after his funeral,I was informed they could have provided one for me.
True late was the cry.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
MMM

spiritualist churches recognized with the national spiritualist union are shown on map on http://www.snu.org.uk/community/community.html
there are other spiritualist churches who are not recognized by the union
Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
MMM

you can still hold a memorial service for your husband
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
mac

"....I checked the telephone directory looking for the nearest Spiritualist church in the area.
Nothing was listed for that request."

Local listings, including telephone directories, may not have every service provider listed.

Some Spiritualist churches may not have a phone or someone prepared to use their own number for church business.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:37 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
you can still hold a memorial service for your husband

I know,but it's not quite the same.
I would have liked to have a full spiritualist service for him.
He was,after all,a believer in spiritualism himself.
Nice of you to suggest it though,MMM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:46 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
"....I checked the telephone directory looking for the nearest Spiritualist church in the area.
Nothing was listed for that request."

Local listings, including telephone directories, may not have every service provider listed.

Some Spiritualist churches may not have a phone or someone prepared to use their own number for church business.

That's what local church did up north,Mac. Luckily someone gave me the number.

Here where I live now,the previous manager of the estate was a regular goer to the church. So I was invited to attend with her.
Another query,Mac. Daughter happened to mention that in the Two Worlds magazine that most of the spiritualist churches advertised were mostly from the south,not many if any, churches were mentioned further north up country.
Have we got a dividing line between north and south?
Old 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
That's what local church did up north,Mac. Luckily someone gave me the number.

Here where I live now,the previous manager of the estate was a regular goer to the church. So I was invited to attend with her.
Another query,Mac. Daughter happened to mention that in the Two Worlds magazine that most of the spiritualist churches advertised were mostly from the south,not many if any, churches were mentioned further north up country.
Have we got a dividing line between north and south?

It's true that Two Worlds carries predominantly south-of-the-country adverts for churches. I'd guess that the only dividing line that there may be between north and south is one unintentionally created by the churches.

Advertising rates don't vary so one would assume that many committees or organisers don't feel it necessary to advertise. I'd be surprised if Two Worlds - or PN for that matter - doesn't approach them to offer advertising space as cash is tight and advertising must be important.

What we could do with is the input of church-goers and/or committee members to understand the broader situation....
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
deepsea

I was asking because I was looking for another church reasonably near to me I could attend as an alternative to the one where I live.
There is one in the town near to where daughter lives but still a bit of a journey unless I stay overnight with her.
Still could be worth considering......Thanks Mac.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Enya

I've found this odd too... the only way anyone would know there are Spiritualist churches in our area is if they happen to read the church notices once a month in the local paper! That's about the *only* time mention is made of them, anywhere. Our Yellow Pages or Thomson Directories don't carry their details. I'm not sure if either publication charges for a church entry?

Deepsea, take a look online, on the SNU site - they should list local churches.