Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 28-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Seeker

Earth-Based Spirituality

What does that mean to you?
Old 28-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Seeker
For me, earth based means most my beliefs and practices involve the earth herself or her components (vegetative life like trees and herbs, crystals, spirits of the land) as well as trying to live consciously and respectfully of her (recycle, garden, etc). I honor the Earth as a being, as a great consciousness, a a bringer of life. I'm also a solitary Druid, which is fairly heavy on Earth-based practices.
Old 28-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterofDanu
For me, earth based means most my beliefs and practices involve the earth herself or her components (vegetative life like trees and herbs, crystals, spirits of the land) as well as trying to live consciously and respectfully of her (recycle, garden, etc). I honor the Earth as a being, as a great consciousness, a a bringer of life. I'm also a solitary Druid, which is fairly heavy on Earth-based practices.

As a Druid... what is your understanding of LORE?
Old 29-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-alchemy
As a Druid... what is your understanding of LORE?
Lore? As in the Celtic lore associated with modern Druidry?
Old 29-08-2017, 03:47 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Lore? As in the Celtic lore associated with modern Druidry?

Hmm... not sure if it's the one and the same...

I was asking in respect to the two following links:

holographickinetics.com/lore

holographickinetics.com/laws-of-lore

I just noticed in a definition of 'Druid' that you would be a 'lorekeeper' so was interested as to how that relates to the above mentioned :)
Old 29-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Deactivated Account
It is a very important aspect of my overall - spirituality and general mental health lol and happiness

Lots to learn from observing the cycles of nature and learning from them.
I have a deep respect for my place as a human within the cycles of nature - I get a lot of inspiration from being a human on this planet.
Old 29-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul-alchemy
Hmm... not sure if it's the one and the same...

I was asking in respect to the two following links:

holographickinetics.com/lore

holographickinetics.com/laws-of-lore

I just noticed in a definition of 'Druid' that you would be a 'lorekeeper' so was interested as to how that relates to the above mentioned :)

That's an interesting read :) Thank you for sharing.

Druidry is pretty diverse, there are a handful of organizations that all have their own structure, not to mention countless other solitary Druids like myself. As most of traditional/ancient Druidry was lost due to time, the Celtic oral tradition, and the massacre the Romans did to the Druids, modern Druidry is diverse though not as diverse as other Pagan paths. We take what we can from historical accounts and archaeology. The rest is a blend of Celtic mythology/folklore and Neopaganism.

Most Druids are drawn to the path because of its balance between emphasis on nature-worship as well as the emphasis on loving mankind and helping to better it. Here is probably where those who were interested in Lore would find it is key. Wisdom and knowledge are huge topics of emphasis with Druidry, though I have not heard of the lore mentioned through your links being directly associated with it. But it's definitely not incompatible as Celtic mythology is filled with stories about humans interacting with gods and beings from Annwn (the Celtic Otherworld).

But different Druids have different focuses. Within Druidry there are three titles/areas of Druidry people may take interest in. Bard, those who are creative and artistic and those who are storytellers and are interested in folklore. Ovate, those who are interested in healing both spiritual and physical as well as magic and shamanism. And Druids who are interested in law, ethics, and the betterment of mankind. Most the organizations have courses for each one starting with Bard and ending with Druid. But it's not uncommon for different Druids to categorize themselves as one category when describing their spiritual paths.

So for example I consider myself more of an Ovate as I take interest in herbs/plant spirits, herbal and crystal spiritual healing, and divination.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :P Every Druid is different, a lot like Eclectic Neopagans. Asking a group of Druids a question will get you a handful of answers along with a lot of passionate debate between them. But it's that free will to develop a personal path alongside Earth Mother and fellow man that I love very much.
Old 30-08-2017, 02:04 AM
Seeker

Quote:
That's an interesting read :) Thank you for sharing.

Druidry is pretty diverse, there are a handful of organizations that all have their own structure, not to mention countless other solitary Druids like myself. As most of traditional/ancient Druidry was lost due to time, the Celtic oral tradition, and the massacre the Romans did to the Druids, modern Druidry is diverse though not as diverse as other Pagan paths. We take what we can from historical accounts and archaeology. The rest is a blend of Celtic mythology/folklore and Neopaganism.

Most Druids are drawn to the path because of its balance between emphasis on nature-worship as well as the emphasis on loving mankind and helping to better it. Here is probably where those who were interested in Lore would find it is key. Wisdom and knowledge are huge topics of emphasis with Druidry, though I have not heard of the lore mentioned through your links being directly associated with it. But it's definitely not incompatible as Celtic mythology is filled with stories about humans interacting with gods and beings from Annwn (the Celtic Otherworld).

But different Druids have different focuses. Within Druidry there are three titles/areas of Druidry people may take interest in. Bard, those who are creative and artistic and those who are storytellers and are interested in folklore. Ovate, those who are interested in healing both spiritual and physical as well as magic and shamanism. And Druids who are interested in law, ethics, and the betterment of mankind. Most the organizations have courses for each one starting with Bard and ending with Druid. But it's not uncommon for different Druids to categorize themselves as one category when describing their spiritual paths.

So for example I consider myself more of an Ovate as I take interest in herbs/plant spirits, herbal and crystal spiritual healing, and divination.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :P Every Druid is different, a lot like Eclectic Neopagans. Asking a group of Druids a question will get you a handful of answers along with a lot of passionate debate between them. But it's that free will to develop a personal path alongside Earth Mother and fellow man that I love very much.

thanks for sharing... i will ponder what you have written :)
Old 30-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Knower

Nothing quite like nature to remind me about being in the Now.

My natural environment guides me the most directly. With energies, gifts, signs and visits that evade the linearity of time. Be it the presence of plants, trees, planets, moons, pebbles, stars, birds, tickling branches and bugs... I feel the magical manifestation within and surrounding me. Getting my attention as needed. Sharing stories and clarity if I listen. Nurturing me through possibility and presence. While I am interested in studying what is already out there, I read slowly and find it often easier to know my heart, feel the environment, and come up with my own ways of interacting intentionally with found objects of possibility, found circumstances and relationships, and the cycles and rhythms of nature and weather. Transforming myself through trust and intuition in spirals.

Finding flow.

I have always been in relationship with an Earth Mother essence who shape shifts to meet me however I need to be met, with healing peace or even tripping me up (literally) at times, as I continue to grow and co-create my earthly journey towards my highest good.

In gratitude...
Old 17-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Master
For me, earth based spirituality means that I communicate with trees, rocks and crystals. It also means I stay connected with Gaia by tending to plants and animals. I'm a solitary Ovate Druid with overlaps of Bard and Druid. I have connected some wild animals with certain Celtic deities so when I see these animals cross my path, I understand that particular deity has a message for me. For example, I consider jack rabbits to represent Gaia, so when I see one or more jack rabbits, it's Gaia getting my attention. I know Gaia isn't a specific Celtic deity, but she is the planet upon which we tread.

Another example is the connection of ravens, and to a lesser extent crows, to The Morrigan. When I see those birds, I'm reminded of Her. She is new to me so I haven't much experience with Her.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)