Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 04-08-2017, 04:38 AM
Pathfinder
What is spiritualism?

What is spiritualism?
1. In your view / opinion?
2. In general?
3. In specific (the definition)?
4. In the eyes of the world?

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Newbie ;)

To me, it is simply the state of consciousness. I believe the ancient emetic ppl of Egypt were very spiritual.

Albert Einstein was another very spiritual person. To me it is being aware of this world and how it affects you in the next one. It is a state of mind. If all of your activities and personal knowledge are focused elsewhere, your consciousness is lowered depending on what you focus on. You must keep your state of mind clear but also increase your knowledge and logic to expand your consciousness. You must take care of yourself and be watchful of others so that your own energy is balanced.

To me being spiritual is about connection and being aware of what we are connected to. We live in a society that hides the truth from us. We live in a world of fear and compliance. We must seek answers on our own and accept things for what they are.

Spirituality is free will, knowledge, and connection
Old 08-08-2017, 11:33 AM
leadville

Under this website's umbrella title 'Religions and Faiths', Spiritualism relates to a philosophy, a registered religion and the movement that became established in the mid 19th century.

Under any other title 'spiritualism' is a catch-all heading that can embrace any issue generally considered as 'spiritual'.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:16 PM
Guide

Spiritualism is the belief that the spirits of the dead have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. The afterlife, or the "spirit world", is seen by spiritualists, not as a static place, but as one in which spirits continue to evolve. These two beliefs: that contact with spirits is possible, and that spirits are more advanced than humans, lead spiritualists to a third belief, that spirits are capable of providing useful knowledge about moral and ethical issues, as well as about the nature of God. (Wikipadea)

This covers the most important points, communicating with dead entities.
Old 14-08-2017, 02:56 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Spiritualism is the belief that the spirits of the dead have both the ability and the inclination to communicate with the living. The afterlife, or the "spirit world", is seen by spiritualists, not as a static place, but as one in which spirits continue to evolve. These two beliefs: that contact with spirits is possible, and that spirits are more advanced than humans, lead spiritualists to a third belief, that spirits are capable of providing useful knowledge about moral and ethical issues, as well as about the nature of God. (Wikipadea)

This covers the most important points, communicating with dead entities.

thanks!

what is it to you?
Old 16-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesRealMeditation
thanks!

what is it to you?
Although temporary relief may be obtained to me it is a largely useless pursuit of people who cannot let go. Deal with this world directly rather than the other world through a third party.
Old 27-08-2017, 03:05 AM
Experiencer

To me, spiritualism is about understanding this world, how there are archetypes that transcend culture, and how those archetypes may be indicative of something beyond an existence of only a physical reality. It is a process of knowing oneself and growing to understand oneself on a multidimensional level of wholeness with a greater force.

In general, we all explore this differently, so it's a person's experience of awakening or existing.

I don't think I need to reiterate the textbook definition since it's been mentioned.

In the eyes of the world...it depends on where you are in your spiritual journey. A lot of people see it as ridiculous. Some people even view it as mental illness. But, then there are those of us who know. We all have our own knowing. Some are different, some are not. It just is.
Old 28-08-2017, 06:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
To me, spiritualism is about understanding this world, how there are archetypes that transcend culture, and how those archetypes may be indicative of something beyond an existence of only a physical reality. It is a process of knowing oneself and growing to understand oneself on a multidimensional level of wholeness with a greater force.
This is being spiritual. Spiritualism, seances of old, do not deal with archetypes, but with very specific personalized entities. Archetypes are broad, possibly spanning time and cultures. Angels, masters are mental construct of spiritual ideas.
In contrast to that, at least in my experience, spiritualism is about 'contacting' people who have departed this world and only have personal significance for a particular person, i.e. it is the husband, child or friend.
Old 25-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Newbie ;)

Connecting with those who have passed over to other realms
Old 26-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Newbie ;)

For me- Spiritualism is acknowledging that my being, my existence is a part of not only the visual aspect of the Universe but relation to all the Creation within.