Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 24-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Pathfinder

Why there is variation in intelligence of human beings?

Q) Why there is variation in intelligence of human beings?
Swami Replied:
The least intelligence is due to lack of study of logic, which can be today called as science. As far as the intelligence in materialistic life is concerned, most of the human beings have good intelligence irrespective of education. As far as this spiritual field is concerned, the lack of intelligence is due to lack of study of logic through scriptures or through scientific logic and especially due to lack of association with spiritual people (satsanga). Even if the intelligence does analysis and takes a right decision in spiritual matters like doing a sin, the previous psychological setup or subconscious state influences it and changes the decision. Arjuna told that he will not fight in the war. Krishna laughed at this decision and told that Arjuna will certainly fight the war due to his subconscious state called as prakruti (prakrutistvaam niyokshyati). What is the nature of Arjuna or nara in the previous births? Nara was fighting with a demon sahasrakavacha along with Narayana for the past 999 births. In one birth nara is doing penance during which Narayana fights with demon. In the next birth Narayana does penance and Nara fights. That demon is born as Karna in this birth, in which nara has to fight. Hence, the previous subconscious state was full of fighting nature only and even if Arjuna takes a decision not to fight, his strong subconscious state will certainly provoke him to fight. Hence Krishna did not preach Gita to Arjuna to make him fight the war. Krishna only replied the doubts of Arjuna in the spiritual knowledge. Krishna gave the spiritual knowledge to the entire humanity keeping Arjuna as a representative of humanity. This is a clear example that the decision taken by the intelligence will be always vetoed by the previous psychological setup or nature of the human soul. In the case of Arjuna the previous nature was correct, which is nothing but fighting against a demon to destroy the injustice. Arjuna rejected the war not because he is not fascinated to the kingdom or his share of property. He refused to fight the war because he has to kill his grandfather for the sake of the kingdom. Hence, the withdrawal from the war is not due to lack of fascination to kingdom and not due to non-violence of the war. Arjuna fought several battle fields and did not mind the non-violence in those wars. Here, the main reason is the fascination of Arjuna to his grandfather. This is the case of violating the pravrutti or supporting injustice due to fascination to the worldly (family) bond. A sin like corruption is due to the fascination to worldly (family) bonds only. Hence, pravrutti is always violated due to the worldly bonds. This was very strong worldly(family) bond of Arjuna. Hence, fighting the war was justified in all the angles and withdrawal from the war was not justified in any angle.
Old 20-05-2017, 03:37 AM
Master
Q) Why is there a variation in intelligence of human beings?

God Replied:

To show that intelligence does not matter when it comes to the love and worship of Me.

To show that human beings have 'intelligence' in different ways. I value the Brahmin who recites the scriptures as much as the illiterate Shudra who worships Me out of devotion.

To make human beings aware that intelligence is only a means unto an end, but wisdom is that end, thus any degree of logic or intelligence needs to be balanced with emotional equanimity.

To show that it does not take intelligence to find Me...it takes unconditional love. When My devotee is loving Me, all intelligence fades away...it is no longer required, as it is only an attribute of abhiman (egoic pride).

Arjuna was reluctant to fight because he believed that it was he who was fighting...not Sri Krishna. Once Arjuna surrendered his will and actions to Sri Krishna via Karma Yoga, he realised that nothing happens unless it is the will of God and that he was only the instrument Krishna had chosen to bring about that will and fulfill his destiny.
Old 22-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Pathfinder

Agreed Necromancer. But, Intelligence(buddhi) is certainly required for analysis of scriptures to avoid misinterpretations. Even Krishna after preaching entire Gita to Arjuna, told Arjuna to analyse what he said and then accept instead of accepting the knowledge blindly.
Old 23-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisalipa
Q) Why there is variation in intelligence of human beings?
Swami Replied:
The least intelligence is due to lack of study of logic
I relate to that lol. Logic is grounding, and I don't see many grounded spiritualists. Spirituality has little to do with head-in-the-cloud imaginations about spirit beings and what not. No, it mostly has to do with logic and common sense; the zen of living life consciously. Moral self-development as my teacher taught me 30 years ago.
Old 25-05-2017, 01:17 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I relate to that lol. Logic is grounding, and I don't see many grounded spiritualists.

I think that is a result of motivation.

There are many individuals who are driven to spirituality by fear and pain, and cleave immediately to belief systems that shield them from confronting loss, peril and especially ignorance and the constant need to challenge it through self-doubt and introspection. These individuals are never what you'd call grounded, wouldn't you agree?
Old 28-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I relate to that lol. Logic is grounding, and I don't see many grounded spiritualists. Spirituality has little to do with head-in-the-cloud imaginations about spirit beings and what not. No, it mostly has to do with logic and common sense; the zen of living life consciously. Moral self-development as my teacher taught me 30 years ago.

thank you for passing judgement on us, because we are not like you! It is so appreciated!
Old 19-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Master
Different intelligence? If people didn't everyone would have the same strengths and weaknesses. If everyone knew how to build a house no one would know how to cut the lumber or produce the material needed to build the house. I have no idea how to fix a car but i do know how to be a caregiver. So a mechanic fixes my car and i take care of there loved one. Its one of the things that make us human. If we didn't have different levels of intelligence we would still be in nature competing with apes and other primates.
Old 16-08-2017, 01:23 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Different intelligence? If people didn't everyone would have the same strengths and weaknesses. If everyone knew how to build a house no one would know how to cut the lumber or produce the material needed to build the house. I have no idea how to fix a car but i do know how to be a caregiver. So a mechanic fixes my car and i take care of there loved one. Its one of the things that make us human. If we didn't have different levels of intelligence we would still be in nature competing with apes and other primates.

Well said.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Seeker

I think we have the individual intelligence which relates to our personal "missions" here on Earth. We're all here for a purpose, a reason, and each purpose requires its own amount of "intelligence" and other life gifts.

No one is more "important" in Gods view due to their level, or lack, of intelligence, we're all loved little cogs in the works with our own purposes.
Old 16-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Seeker
Intelligence in what context?

If someone is logical or analytical and can solve complex math or physics problems, does that make them more intelligent than someone who knows how to lay pavement or build bridges? If someone has medical training and can heal broken bones or remove tumors, does that make them more intelligent than a person who provides hospice care and shows unconditional love? If someone can engineer a major computer application (like Facebook or forum software), does that make them more intelligent than a person who builds a successful business using that software?

Yep, I know. Answer a question with 4 other questions... My point is that when you try to quantify something like intelligence, the variable may not be in the subjects (people) in which it's demonstrated, but rather in the thing (intelligence) itself.