Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 31-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by njbr1111
Does anyone know if and how learning both may compliment each other ? I'm reiki level 2, doing master in a few weeks and also thinking of learning Qi Gong ... wondering if and how this may help in healing sessions.

Does anyone have any experience in this ?

thanks,
njbr.

Anything is everything, and anything compliments everything. We are all just energy and we feel this energy as Chi and therefore everything we do requires chi.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Dead thread but still...

As someone who has done Chi kung and has a level 2 in Reiki i think i am better qualified than those who badmouth Reiki with no practical experience.

If Reiki was such a low practice it wouldn't:

have techniques where the master can open energy points on the student to speed their development ie: attunements/Reiju. By contrast there are indeed a few Chi kung styles that do this but they are few and far between instead requiring years of practice to attain the same development.

It wouldnt allow students within their first two years to carry out distant healing effectively...this kind of feat requires years of practice for chi kung practitioners.

The pay structure of reiki is steep but keep in mind that usually a reiki practitioner will get one attunement per year while a chi kung teacher has the luxury of charging for classes over a whole year. People need to earn a living...

Reiki has become known as a healing system but originally when Dr Usui taight it it was a system of spiritual development. Those who think it is only a healing system should research Reiki's early history.

Lastly...lets be adults and not badmouth each others systems especially when the people doing so have little or no experience of what they are criticising...
Old 06-01-2016, 05:15 PM
Pathfinder
From what I can tell many chi kung and Reiki techniques are held back by practitioners that restrict emotion. Working on being able to use and hold onto powerful positive emotions makes all these practices many times stronger. The no-mind thing is true, a clear mind allows for more energy but the energy is multiplied by emotion as well.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmallpanda
From what I can tell many chi kung and Reiki techniques are held back by practitioners that restrict emotion. Working on being able to use and hold onto powerful positive emotions makes all these practices many times stronger. The no-mind thing is true, a clear mind allows for more energy but the energy is multiplied by emotion as well.
I think there may be a problem here in that the energy will be colored by the emotions, something one should try to avoid.
It is not for us as a practitioner to 'infuse' emotions into a client, even if they are positive ones. The energy should be as pure as it can possibly and humanly be and then be allowed to do its work in the client.