Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 30-03-2018, 12:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Visualitazion

I was wondering how you go about visualizing things during meditation.
I'm really bad at visualizing, even if i follow a guided meditation i can't create the images on my mind..
Old 30-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Experiencer
You got to be in right environment and mood, visualization can't be forced when it is not appropriate. Where and when do you feel most flow? Try it then.
Old 30-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Master

Like any other activity, the ability to visualise improves with practice. There are basic exercises you could do - for example try to visualise a red triangle, a red square, a red circle, then the same in orange, and so on through the seven colours of the rainbow. You may find that some shapes and colours are easier than others. The difficulty with such exercises is that the mind can get bored with the repetition so it can be hard to stay motivated to keep on doing the exercises.

Also, there are three basic modalities or methods of perception - visual, auditory and kinetic (or feeling). Some people are more visual, some more auditory and some more kinetic. We all use all three, but we tend to naturally favour one over the others. For example, I am more visual than auditory, so I tend to absorb information better through reading than listening. It may be that you are naturally more auditory or kinetic than visual. No method is better than the others, it is just the way we each function.

Peace.
Old 30-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Pathfinder
If you are not good at visualizing then meditations that require visualization are probably not very useful for you. At least that's what I tell myself ... because I'm not good at visualizing ... and trying to do meditations that require visualization has never felt particularly useful. There are so many different types of meditations ...
Here for example is one quite famous list of all kinds of different meditations: http://www.meditationiseasy.com/medi...on-techniques/
Old 30-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Knower
Try get into the state of consciousness/mind: Hypnagogia.

This will expand your visual intelligent a lot, but beware, this can rewire the brain to view this permanent, without it being filtered away in your every day - this hypnagogia can turn out to be persisting(passive static).

Quote:
Hypnagogia, also referred to as "hypnagogic hallucinations", is the experience of the transitional state from wakefulness to sleep: the hypnagogic state of consciousness, during the onset of sleep. (For the transitional state from sleep to wakefulness see hypnopompic.) Mental phenomena that may occur during this "threshold consciousness" phase include lucid thought, lucid dreaming, hallucinations and, sleep paralysis. However, sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming are separate sleep conditions that are sometimes experienced during the hypnagogic state.[1][2] - wiki

You will see this persistent static vision in your field of sight with open and closed eyes while in this state of consciousness. Normally it will fade away, as we become more awake.

-(Behind your closed eyelids - you may experience this (blueish, purple colors.. morphing like an old television)

If you gain this "ability?" you can form numbers, geometric figures etc. in the center of your field of sight(in this static vision), by feeling the thought form of it.. And as you advance, you can even create a road that will follow up to lucid dream, astral projection while you are in meditation. also known as "inner worlds". The trick is to let it unfold, to focus, but when again you're not focusing on it at all... it's the perfection of balance. You know, when you know.

ps. similar hypnogogic trances can also happen while in deep meditation.
You just need to be aware of it, the static vision.
But Beware, you might not like, what you will see. (unconscious-mind).
This is my way of doing it - and this doesn't work for everyone (this is my tool - Visualization Techniques to Manifest Desired Outcomes) --The art is to Release Control And Surrender To The Flow Of "imagination/inner worlds".- seeing, but not seeing

(think less, feel more)
Maybe it's grayish at first, but as you surrender, you will see it in colors. (But I guess, you will awake from it, back to square one) like: Dreams About Falling..
But hey don't listen to me. Do it, your own way. Craft your own "Tools" to use -- you have all the answers inside you (inspiration, meaningful to you)..
Don't give up!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthV
I'm really bad at visualizing, even if i follow a guided meditation i can't create the images on my mind..

Hello, ArthV,
Just an opinion but this guided meditation is basically a money-making scam.
How can you be meditating, MEDITATING (which needs you to be the driver) when someone else is telling you what to think and see the whole time? It may be all right for beginners to get the gist of what to do but thereafter you're on your own.

Visualising is difficult for those who watch a lot of TV and youtube and on. So they never have to use their imagination and it starts to die. There's also the question of why you're meditating. You need to get into a meditative state to visualise successfully (i.e focused on some particular thing by degrees) but it's barely different in itself from daydreaming.

However, I can believe it's difficult visualising to someone else's order. We've all developed our ways and approaches and it is important in some aspects of spiritual development.

Can I ask if you have difficulty visualising on your own impetus? Like, if something happened in the day you can sit and run through it in your mind later on?

Old 01-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:

If you get into a light trance (alpha), then you can visualize better.
Old 13-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Look at a color, a colored piece of paper for instance, and then close your eyes and try to visualize that color which you just looked at; do this with several colors one at a time, and try to hold that color in your mind for longer and longer periods.

There are sounds, or musical notes, which correspond to certain colors. The basic colors, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, etc. all have sounds that are attached to them; as color is to light what sound is to vibration; they are all connected. Sound at a high pitch creates light and refracted light creates color. Every color has an opposite color, like the opposite of red is green; that is why they complement each other so well. Each sound, or musical note, also has its opposite sound, or musical note, etc.

There is a technique where you look at a color, close your eyes, and then hummmm the musical note attached to that color. They are called sound and color techniques. Basically, using sound and color are a form of vibration therapy. You can look this up online.

Most people think in faded black and white ill-defined images and they cannot hold those images for more than a few seconds; this is normal, because like most other things we have to gain skill in how we use our mental faculty. There is no right or wrong, its’ like learning how to walk.

All of this relates to visualization techniques because a good visualizer can hold an image in their head for longer and longer periods of time if they keep practicing, and they can visualize in color, with sounds attached to the image in their head; in fact they incorporate all of the senses in their imagery.

So they have a very vibrant and dynamic 3-dimensional image in their head that is well defined with depth, width, and height, and contains all of the senses, just like they experience in physical life. Learning sound and color techniques can move a person towards creating better mental images. Although this does come to some people naturally, especially people who are artistic, regardless, most people artistic or not can develop dynamic visualization imagery with practice.
Old 13-04-2018, 06:33 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:

It is very effective to visualize yourself in 3th person, to look at yourself and for example you can attach the feeling that you are very compassionate and it starts to became true with practise. You can do it for confidence, relation with God or whatever you need.Very useful :)
Old 15-04-2018, 01:43 AM
Master
Fish

Interesting how many people visualize in meditation. For me it's a distraction. Visualizing activates the mind (which is fine if you're interested in creating things or bringing prana to the chakras or doing healing work or getting insights or whatever). I'm interested in silencing the mind. The mind is a great distraction for me. I can visualize anything without needing to sit and meditate. I use visualization when I want to paint something out of my head, but for meditation it doesn't take me to the depths I want to get to.

To each his own I guess.