Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 28-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inipu27
Have any of you noticed/ felt a change in your awareness and/or spiritual abilities after converting to veganism? I had more spiritual experiences when I was younger in which I happened to be vegan. I've read a number of books suggesting you convert to vegetarianism or veganism, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts and experiences.

Think of things in terms of vibrational energies, to aid spiritual development and psychic ability we're aiming to raise our vibrational frequency to tune in to spiritual energies which are higher and finer than that which we experience through the 5 senses. Our vibrational frequency is influenced by many things including the food we eat because different foods have different vibrational frequencies, plant sources at the finer end of the scale while animal sources have a slow, dense vibration which drag your resonant field down making it far more difficult to tune in, a lot of mediums are vegi or vegan for this reason especially those who are developed to the point it's holding them back. There are ethical considerations too.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Mike
I'm a vegan and I believe it can because of the health aspect.

My problem is that I've tried in the past to be an animal rights activist, and I always struggle with the pain of what the animals are going through. I feel a lot of that negative energy, created by all the non vegans of the world because of their choices to eat foods that came from suffering animals.

I think eating a healthy vegan diet can aid in spiritual growth, but if one is highly conscious of the suffering in the world it can feel like you're living in a hellish world and make spiritual growth a real challenge, even if your doing your best to not contribute to that suffering yourself.

I totally relate to the feelings that you've described Mike. I do feel like hell is right here and we're stuck in the middle of it when I think about how we treat all the animals! And it is a greater spiritual challenge because (at least for myself) I have to fight against actual rage sometimes. Seeing a video of a pig being boiled alive......hard not to get super angry. Especially when some 'brilliant' human decides to engage in the comments below that kind of image with the ever humorous, 'mmm bacon'.

But you know, James Aspey (brilliant, well known Australian animal activist) said one thing that makes it easier to cope. He said, 'focus on how many new vegans there are today, compared to last year or the year before'. Focus on that instead of the misery and suffering of the animals so that you can keep going and continue to be part of the change that is happening. So chin up Mike and remember all of us who are here side by side, heart to heart with you!
Old 12-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I totally relate to the feelings that you've described Mike. I do feel like hell is right here and we're stuck in the middle of it when I think about how we treat all the animals! And it is a greater spiritual challenge because (at least for myself) I have to fight against actual rage sometimes. Seeing a video of a pig being boiled alive......hard not to get super angry. Especially when some 'brilliant' human decides to engage in the comments below that kind of image with the ever humorous, 'mmm bacon'.

But you know, James Aspey (brilliant, well known Australian animal activist) said one thing that makes it easier to cope. He said, 'focus on how many new vegans there are today, compared to last year or the year before'. Focus on that instead of the misery and suffering of the animals so that you can keep going and continue to be part of the change that is happening. So chin up Mike and remember all of us who are here side by side, heart to heart with you!

You're right Debrah and I do admire James and his style of activism, he's very wise and a great speaker, so he's a great vegan to emulate.

After quite a few years of living the lifestyle I've become pretty quiet as a vegan and I've also faced some health challenges which has taken my confidence away, even though those health issues I'm quite sure are nothing to do with being vegan.. so I'm really on the sidelines in terms of activism right now, because of health but also because I've just been overwhelmed by all the cruelty and the casual acceptance of it by non vegans.

I agree that I should try to focus on the positive more but it can be so hard to find some days.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritual Mike
You're right Debrah and I do admire James and his style of activism, he's very wise and a great speaker, so he's a great vegan to emulate.

After quite a few years of living the lifestyle I've become pretty quiet as a vegan and I've also faced some health challenges which has taken my confidence away, even though those health issues I'm quite sure are nothing to do with being vegan.. so I'm really on the sidelines in terms of activism right now, because of health but also because I've just been overwhelmed by all the cruelty and the casual acceptance of it by non vegans.

I agree that I should try to focus on the positive more but it can be so hard to find some days.

I'm moving into that kind of experience more and more too. But I think that's pretty normal that we give tons of energy to something at the beginning of our interest/understanding and we're young and energetic. Then as I've gotten older, I think I've almost become like it's a little bit routine,. (sad as that is to say).

I comfort myself with the knowledge that people like Joey Carbstrong, James Aspey and Earthling Ed are the younger, stronger generation who're picking up the torch. And there'll be another generation of activists after them....

Also, I'm moving over to producing a blog where a vegan lifestyle/diet will be the focus, with a view to showing older people that it's not that daunting a task to look for a new, ultra health, ultra kind lifestyle that's not only doable, but supporting of spiritual and societal evolution. If you're curious, you can take a peek at it here: https://agelessatsixty.com

Last edited by Debrah : 16-02-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 14-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Energy flows better on a whole food plant based vegan diet. Even better when it's organic and raw.
Old 17-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alita
Energy flows better on a whole food plant based vegan diet. Even better when it's organic and raw.

I agree with this
Old 17-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by headincloud
Think of things in terms of vibrational energies, to aid spiritual development and psychic ability we're aiming to raise our vibrational frequency to tune in to spiritual energies which are higher and finer than that which we experience through the 5 senses. Our vibrational frequency is influenced by many things including the food we eat because different foods have different vibrational frequencies, plant sources at the finer end of the scale while animal sources have a slow, dense vibration which drag your resonant field down making it far more difficult to tune in, a lot of mediums are vegi or vegan for this reason especially those who are developed to the point it's holding them back. There are ethical considerations too.

This is true. Its also an ethical stance in its relation to spirituality.
The way I see it is that you have one end of the spectrum with a compassionate diet and one with an none-compassionate diet. The vibrations involved are paramount. This is why I would personally not go to any "healer" who eats meat. Its also a reason why many people in the industry (Psychics, energy workers, mediums, healers etc) choose to put the word vegan or vegetarian on their websites as they know this is "googled" by people who understand. .
Old 17-03-2018, 07:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah

It is lovely to hear the support for the animals. I myself am an Animal Rights Campaigner and do what I can. I stand up for what I believe in. I often see things in the media that i receive (being a member of a few organisations) that are upsetting and disturbing (that people calling themselves spiritual don't seem to care about) but I tell myself I can help stop this with my voice added to others voices like myself.

You sound like good people
Old 17-03-2018, 08:53 PM
Master
I see it more as the result of.......
Old 24-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
It is lovely to hear the support for the animals. I myself am an Animal Rights Campaigner and do what I can. I stand up for what I believe in. I often see things in the media that i receive (being a member of a few organisations) that are upsetting and disturbing (that people calling themselves spiritual don't seem to care about) but I tell myself I can help stop this with my voice added to others voices like myself.

You sound like good people

Hi Starlight, sorry I didn't notice your comment. I've been tied up with trying to figure out how to get a blog set up and being remarkable non-techy, I can get stuck on one issue for days before I figure out how to fix it.

But that's so wonderful to hear that you are a campaigner and are involved in trying to move the world towards compassion. In the early days of my vegan lifestyle, I did tons of research, belonged to multiple AR groups via FB and was involved in many discussions (which meant I saw a ton of horrible videos). I've gotten so that every image just brings me literally to tears. You must find the same I'm sure.