Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 16-03-2015, 01:26 AM
questionexist-ing

I think as long as you wish them well and that you make sure that they know that this has nothing to do with them doing anything wrong, you will avoid the negative karma:)
Old 16-03-2015, 01:39 AM
Master
I don't think there is such a thing as "good" karma or "bad" karma really because either way it's about attachment and the idea of breaking yourself free from karma is about both parties not being attached - keeping your equilibrium and perspective because as you get older you'll find that the same kinds of people keep coming into your life if you haven't dealt with the underlying issue that's keeping you stuck in a pattern of behaviour or attitudes.

But for casual friends Hypocrates' oath "first do no harm" is probably a good rule of thumb.
Old 16-03-2015, 03:21 AM
Sometimes our lessons are actually to 'man up' and not be door mats
and gently shove their boat off...no harm...just taking care of yourself.
If we are being dragged down by anything, gossip, negativity, their constant uninteresting
trivia...whatever....it can take you away from your goals.

Just another perspective...just never hurt them deliberately ---
which it seems you know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-03-2015, 05:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineFeminine
How do I end a friendship without experiencing bad karma in the future?
Option 1 (quicker): Be sincere and kind. Let them know your intentions rather than just leave them hanging and things between you open ended. Don't go into too many details and don't rehash the past. Make some effort to avoid a poor time to tell them (there is seldom a good time to tell people bad news).

Option 2 (way more extensive solution): Opt out of Karma. It's optional. You signed up voluntarily and you can opt out at any time.
Old 16-03-2015, 05:50 AM
Deactivated Account
You end it by being honest, love is as much a letting go as it is, staying in a relationship, staying in a relationship just to please the other is what would cause so called karma. If the others gets upset, then that's for them to work out, that is their own karma, not yours.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Knower
I think of Karma as a natural law like the law of gravity.

Isn't "You reap what you sow" or "What goes around comes around" in the same class with, "If you drop something, it falls"?

So IMO, the question to ask in a situation like the one described in the OP are things like:

Which will do me the most good over both the short haul and the long haul: continuing the relationship or breaking it off?

If I continue the relationship, what can I do to maximize the good and minimize the harm it's doing to both parties?

If I break off the relationship, how can I minimize the trauma for everyone involved?
Old 18-03-2015, 02:34 AM
Guide
When someone ended a friendship with me she kept the messages brief and didn't sign her name.

I would reply to the messages just saying you have family commitments else where, you are really, really busy.

Strangely I was recounting few hours ago how I did not keep in touch with a college colleague. I chose not to, I didn't encourage contact. I can't explain now, 20 years later, why not.

As my Dad says, some friendships flourish, some wither and die. (I guess you can't keep them all.)
Old 18-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Master
`Friendship` implies a mutually beneficial relationship. If that is not the case then I would presume these are not friends, but aquaintances.
the way I see it is, If I can help folks just by being friendly and kind and they actually want my company then thats great. I know people who have hundreds of friends and find time to be a friend to them all.
I suppose I am saying, maybe these freinds, if thats what they are, are in your life for a reason. If they are people you no longer like or want around, that is different, but be careful, everyone you know and who wants to know you and actually likes you well, thats a special thing and should not be hastily discarded.

Failing that and if you really want to get rid of them, tell them your born again and would love them to accompany you to your church !
Old 02-07-2015, 04:08 PM
MelanieJay

Smile Best thing to do is not ignore when they ask why

If you do not want to associate with someone anymore you need to just explain that to them if they ask. It is hard, i know but that would be better than ignoring them keeping them wondering. I can't tell you what to say though. It has to come from your heart. You are not being selfish. No one is forcing you to stay friends. You need to focus on bettering yourself but without being ugly about it.