Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 27-02-2012, 10:32 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Those (human beings who live) who believe in Him (with all their heart soul and spirit) shall not taste death. We (our soul) will not die but have eternal life. Those who do not believe in him shall perish..

Peace

Who is "him"? Jesus said love God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul.....He did not say love me with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. Also, when Jesus referred to the living he did not mean those "human beings who live"...as he said "let the dead bury the dead".
Old 27-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Maiya

Imagine yourself healing the sick! Jesus Christ said that you can do these things and more.

Based on what? His unfailing promises. If you can believe, you too can do the mighty works that Jesus did. He Himself has promised you this!

John 14:12, KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Who is "him"? Jesus said love God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul.....He did not say love me with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul. Also, when Jesus referred to the living he did not mean those "human beings who live"...as he said "let the dead bury the dead".

Who is Jesus, Jesus is God in the Flesh. Who or what is the Holy Spirit, Jesus after his resurrection and ascension is still with us today through the Holy Spirit, which is God.

Let the dead bury the dead. Lets put this passage into context. A man ask Jesus what he could do for him. He said to follow Him. The man came up with an excuse as to why he could not follow him, for his father had died. and Jesus said, "let the dead bury the dead, and follow me." We must let go of the Earthly things, and follow Him. One must be truly willing to follow our calling from God, not make excuses, or one risks the chance on never finding the time...

Peace to you all

Peace be within you..
Old 27-02-2012, 10:55 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Who is Jesus, Jesus is God in the Flesh. Who or what is the Holy Spirit, Jesus after his resurrection and ascension is still with us today through the Holy Spirit, which is God.

Let the dead bury the dead. Lets put this passage into context. A man ask Jesus what he could do for him. He said to follow Him. The man came up with an excuse as to why he could not follow him, for his father had died. and Jesus said, "let the dead bury the dead, and follow me." We must let go of the Earthly things, and follow Him. One must be truly willing to follow our calling from God, not make excuses, or one risks the chance on never finding the time...

Peace to you all

Peace be within you..

Get out of "this" dead society.........
Old 27-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Shabby

Quote:

Peace to you all

Peace be within you..

Dilchannan, your answer is again an interpretation and I doubt it is even truly yours. Only through a true understanding of God will we know and understand Jesus and his teachings.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Occultist

I believe he meant a spiritual death. Sheol to be disconnected from God.
To wonder forever with no light to guide you.
That if you believe in him this will not happen. At least thats my take on it.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:10 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Dilchannan, your answer is again an interpretation and I doubt it is even truly yours. Only through a true understanding of God will we know and understand Jesus and his teachings.

Yes, and Dilchannan's interpretation is more plausible than "Me" when Jesus says to follow Him. He was referring to the unseized moment that always is being put off by excuses as Dilchannan shared. Or in context and alignment with other Scriptures talks about the crucifying of the self, or putting your "me" to the cross. He talked about putting Him above everyone including your dearest relationships. He talked about not being swept away in emotions and before following Him to know the cost. Thanks Dilchannan for sharing your insight, you're really nailing it down.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:

You are very good at doubting. Only a true understanding of God, is through His teachings. One must study His Word. One must also sit in communion with God, through prayer and meditation. Through the Holy Spirit, one will find understanding and wisdom.

Shabby take a moment and read the scripture that you chose to use. Let the dead bury the dead.
You will see what Jesus was saying to this man. Not something I made up, it is fact. People like to take passages and interpret, without even looking at the whole picture. Jesus spoke in parables many times, but many times he spoke directly. With those with ears to hear, let them hear...

What you belief to be true is up to you. If youbelieve in God, read His Word. For in the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Peace Shabby
Old 27-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Get out of "this" dead society.........

Not sure if I understand, but I think I do. Would you mind clarifying? If you would like you can p.m me...

Peace to you TeeHee
Old 27-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Shabby

Quote:
You are very good at doubting. Only a true understanding of God, is through His teachings. One must study His Word. One must also sit in communion with God, through prayer and meditation. Through the Holy Spirit, one will find understanding and wisdom.

Shabby take a moment and read the scripture that you chose to use. Let the dead bury the dead.
You will see what Jesus was saying to this man. Not something I made up, it is fact. People like to take passages and interpret, without even looking at the whole picture. Jesus spoke in parables many times, but many times he spoke directly. With those with ears to hear, let them hear...

What you belief to be true is up to you. If youbelieve in God, read His Word. For in the Beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

Peace Shabby

I read Jesus teachings without the interpretation of a church. I have asked God to reveal the Truth to me and he would do the same for you if you only ask and believe.