Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Your subconscious taking over/making choices might be true for a lot of people but not all. In fact in a book I read, a spiritual practice was to direct the subconscious to override anything that wasn't coming from the Higher Self. I would disagree that it's a survival mechanism.
Then I guess the rules change when the Spiritual label is used.
Old 18-08-2019, 12:58 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Free will does exist............. but then..........
That will be some good advertisements.
They will send you the adds of what you need before you search, instead of after.
Old 18-08-2019, 01:46 PM
hazada guess

The free will myth..........let's think.
In my experience you have majority free will,but in my life, circumstances have happened to draw me to the things that I am supposed to do.
Old 18-08-2019, 03:47 PM
Master

As with anything truly spiritual . . . free will is a paradox. In other words . . . we all have free will . . . and yet we do not.

Life in these psychic worlds is one of habit . . . and we ARE a creature of habit. We are taught that from birth . . . and it is fostered from lifetime to lifetime.

Choice . . . is an aspect of free will. We can choose which book to read . . . which movie to go see . . . which pair of shoes matches our outfit . . . which car is better for our needs . . . which preference do we wish to hold higher than that preference.

Choices are refined from lifetime to lifetime and hopefully many choices lead to beneficial and a more broad understanding of LIFE. Slowly we are cleansed . . . or purified . . . and the demanding habits guides our choices less and less.

Eventually we come to the point where we still might have our preferences . . . such as do we or do we not stop at this red light while driving in my car . . . we still have preferences and beliefs that prevail but we are able to discern. If I make THIS choice then it will most likely lead to THAT consequence . . . or . . . if I continue to NOT do this then I will most likely be feeding THAT old habit.

In other words . . . I am free enough of the habitual pull that I can make a knowing decision on which choice to make on this particular issue or experience. We can step aside enough to see both weighings of the issue . . . the probabilities . . . is it for the benefit of all concerned or is it for my benefit alone . . . am I feeding the problem or am I feeding the solution . . . do I feed the negative or do I feed the positive.

Am I free enough from the old habits to know . . . why I want to do it this way this time.

Then . . . go and do it.

Time will reveal the effects of your choice. But at least you have made a knowing decision free of habitual allure.

That . . . is the beginning of true free will.

And if the effects or reactions of our choices . . . either from this lifetime or a previous one . . . are not to our liking . . . you then have more issues to face and more choices to make.
Old 18-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
That will be some good advertisements.
They will send you the adds of what you need before you search, instead of after.
I already get certain mail advertisements based upon certain criteria. I spoke to my neighbor across the street, and that is also true for him.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-08-2019, 08:12 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
According to this guy, over 90% of people don't have free will because they're living on autopilot and in their "island of comfort".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32dq4cJhl2U

Yes I agree that we all have free will to do as we choose the point is to love that which we choose. That's what we're here for to experience love in perfection. Amen
Old 18-08-2019, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Yes I agree that we all have free will to do as we choose the point is to love that which we choose. That's what we're here for to experience love in perfection. Amen
Nice post!

We are approaching a time period in which criminals will not get away with their crimes.

Criminologist will be able to predict who will do something naughty and then be able to intervene
before the person does something bad.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-08-2019, 08:36 PM
Master

Quote:
According to this guy, over 90% of people don't have free will because they're living on autopilot and in their "island of comfort".

There are so many opinions on every subject, and so many people wanting to sell you something (for money or other motivation).

Many honest people really believe in what they preach, but that doesn't make them right.

How can one figure out whom to believe, whom to follow?

Follow nobody, don't put your faith in anybody's preaching!

Turn your focus toward your inside, leave behind all your biases and expectations, ask your questions, receive your answers, and don't rationalize them, don't feel in the blanks, record them raw, as you got them. To be successful at this you have to be in a light trance state.

There is free will. You create your reality. But don't believe me, find out for yourself!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Master
Can or will a computer be able to tell what time you will get up each day?
On your way to work, can or will a computer be able to tell what detour you will take?
Can or will a computer be able to tell what you will eat today?

We are more predictable then most people believe.

Old 18-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Master
Do you agree with the free will myth?

Quote:

SapphireBlue,

Yes. Not as a myth, but as fact!

How? The aforementioned "percentage", above, as well as those who deliberately "pilot" their activities toward the detriment of themselves or others' "islands of comfort"....are similarly "free to do so"....whether those "others" like it or not. "How"-ever, NONE of us is free to "avoid the inevitable consequences of our actions", for good or ill.

Why? Consider how the following observation "Perfection does not come from projecting our own ideas but from awakening to the knowledge that it is already the established order of things."...applies as provided in this post entitled, "An example that shows how cruel it is for god to allow suffering":

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...9&postcount=44:

So what does any of that have to do with why free will is NOT a myth?

Because, as indicated in this reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...11&postcount=8

"In reality God is the first Thinker, the true Cause. This Cause flows through man at the level of his comprehension of It. Man thinks limitation. The result which follows is not REAL limitation but an expression of his freedom, which freedom is so COMPLETE that it causes him to APPEAR limited. MAN IS BOUND BY HIS FREEDOM RATHER THAN BY ANY REAL BONDAGE. To believe only in the good is to demonstrate that the good ALONE has real power."

That's why.

Hope this helps you answer your question satisfactorily.
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 18-08-2019 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Corrects order of references