Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
double post
Old 18-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
That was the Old Testament, not Jesus.

Additionally, the commandment means do not murder (as others have pointed out.)

You still have to kill an animal to eat it? doesn't that constitute as the same thing..

And in response to the latest posts.. this thread was never about the morality of eating animals or it's connection to spirtuality, or how it affected evolution .. it had solely to do with with his views on murder/killing and why this text said he was eating what he was eating that's it

oh and to time the bible talks about him eating bread & other things so he wouldn't have starved either
Old 18-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Consider, if we had been vegetarian from our origins. Would we, as a species, have developed as we did ?
Nope. If we were, we would be eating all day long. Plant based diets are doable in advanced civilisation.
And in Jesus' time, Israel was very arid, so it's doubtful he lived on plants alone..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
The basis of the food int he middle east was meat, and still is.
Well if you look into ancient Israel, Egypt, and surrounding countries, the staple diet was bread. But yeah he probably ate meat as well..
Old 18-01-2011, 09:18 PM
mahakali

ok well as far as the lobster goes, does he have consciousness? then id assume that his pain is not so different then ours. Who cares what all the buddhas and jesuses said it just seems very obvious to me. and Jesus in my opinion learned from the yogis who were not only vegetarian but did not eat much at all i don't agree with this form of extremism as it does not go with the middle way. well they lived to be very old and some miraculously healthy with very little food. as i posted in another thread, monkeys are said to live longer healthier lives with 30% less food than their normal diet. i heard on disc that it is because the act of digesting food wears your body down and takes away vital life force energy. as im sure it differs from person to person. my point is it is possible for Jesus to have been a veg.
Old 18-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Sira

My five pennies worth. I try to eat according to my body's urges. I only eat once a day. Sometimes my body needs grounding, other times it needs release from density and then I barely eat anything. I eat whatever my body tells me to, if I can afford it.
The energy downloads have been really intense during the past months, for about 13 months. I bless my food, whatever it is. I welcome it to become a part of me. I cherish every meal I have, also every drink of water I have. They are energy becoming part of me. I used to feel guilty of eating animal meat. Nowadays I'm grateful for the energy they give me. They become a part of me.
We are not separated, everything that lives on the Earth feeds on something else than themselves. I am aware of what I eat and I bless the energy that infuses with mine.
Eating, for me, is a holy event, be it a vegetable, fruit or something more complex. I know that the life given was to nourish me, and I feel blessed and honored.