Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Gracey

we all decorated the tree together, had saint nicks night on dec 7th, santa would come around and knock on the windows and doors, then leave candy in the milk box. on christmas eve we would go to my grandparents house and open gifts and eat. there were always a ton of people there. on christmas eve we would aslo open the gifts in our stockings and on christmas day, more gifts and food, turkey, stuffing, baked beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, vegtables, cranberry sauce and a pile of desserts, then we would play with our toys and sometimes go visit other family.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:45 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by universa1ove
I asked my mom at age 5-7 to come clean about this, telling her i knew she was lying and that it hurt trust between us.
Good grief, your poor mother. Kids aren't supposed to terrorize their parents until they're approaching their teens.
Old 20-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Part of the tradition was lies.
The lie about santa (anagram for satan) coming to bring gifts.
I asked my mom at age 5-7 to come clean about this, telling her i knew she was lying and that it hurt trust between us.

wow, sorry to hear you were hurt by that. i thought i was pretty good detective for figuring out the truth, but i do appreciate the santa thing, it brought a sense of magic to me. one of my twins keeps calling santa satan, he just turned two, but still throws me off when i hear him say it.
Old 20-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

Univeras1ove, That's hilarious!
Funniest thing I read all morning.

I think there is an age, where kids are naturally into fictional things. They buy into santa claus, or the tooth fairy. But that is a really young age.

At one point though, they mature, and just know better.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever believed in the Santa Claus story, but I LOVED the festivities, the spirit of Christmas!
Old 20-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Hello

OMG bbr I can so relate to that. I was not that old maybe 10 and we would always go to "creepy Uncles" home. Turns out even then the feeling I had on him did ring true.

After thier Father passed me Grandfather we never say most family again. It was all show for that once a year in me case.

I dont now see any of me immidate family either. Its OK made peace with that....dont see me mate's side either. NEVER once have they been with us for their ONLY Grand Kids. NOT out not affording it . I feel so for the one's that would LOVe contact and can not affort the travel.

I have a friend in the Airport waiting for his flight home for the holidays. First time back home from moving out on his own. Was scared to death in the HUGE airport. A family going to where he lives took him under their wing and he is fine.....

Lynn
Old 20-12-2010, 07:25 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
OMG bbr I can so relate to that. I was not that old maybe 10 and we would always go to "creepy Uncles" home. Turns out even then the feeling I had on him did ring true.
LOL Lynn, sorry you hear about your "Tommy" childhood!

The only thing I remember feeling somewhat creeped-out about were the old ladies' musty bedrooms, and the photographs in frames from the turn of the 19th-20th century. People all looked unhappy and 100 years old back then, even children. Oh, and hat boxes. Those dusty hat boxes stacked up in closets and bedroom corners were super-creepy to me for some reason.
Old 20-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Master
We had the tree and the home-made decorations and the lights outside the house. Santa was real until I got out of bed late one Christmas eve to go to the bathroom and walked into the lounge room where my mum and dad were setting up my brothers train set lol I was not very popular and was told, with a scowl from my father 'not to say a word' ... I didnt spill the beans, however I did lay in bed for hours that night feeling 'disillusioned' ... I must say though I did also feel a bit special too because now I was part of the secret which needed to be kept for the sake of my younger siblings. I am one of 6 children and I can distinctly remember feeling that it was very important that we all be very nice to each other on Christmas day lol a bit like when it was someones birthday hahaha
I also remember when I was a little older (maybe 7yrs) and my dominating big sister ordered me to go snooping for presents in our parents room. Well I did as I was told and i found a packet of 7 pairs of underpants in her size (one for each day of the week lol) ... she was standing outside the window and was telling me to hold them up one at a time which I dutifully did for fear of getting thumped hahaha I got half way through and then she quickly ducked down out of sight ... I heard a cough and turned around and my mother was standing at the bedroom door ... I dobbed of course lol and suffered the bullying which I knew would only last till Christmas day
Old 20-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
LOL Lynn, sorry you hear about your "Tommy" childhood!

The only thing I remember feeling somewhat creeped-out about were the old ladies' musty bedrooms, and the photographs in frames from the turn of the 19th-20th century. People all looked unhappy and 100 years old back then, even children. Oh, and hat boxes. Those dusty hat boxes stacked up in closets and bedroom corners were super-creepy to me for some reason.

Hello

Oh I remember hat boxes. Me Grandmother must have had a thousand of them . I often wondered what was really in them. Had an older cousin tell me when I was young she kept chidren's heads in them.....as she was a bit excentirc and did not overly seem to like kids. I remember too the Hat Pins. Used to HOLD the hat in place on the Bee hive hair LOL. OH the BLUE hair too lol.

Back then ye never smiled it seems for pictures. Odd that is where did say "Cheese " come form I wonder now.

It's fun to look back at times even if thing were negative in events happening or happened.....they all help to define whom one is now. For me that is not to bad.

Lynn
Old 21-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Master
I have only just realized what forum this thread is in ... I (carelessly) assumed I was posting in the lounge area for some reason. Apologies if the nature of my post has offended any Christian members ...
Old 21-12-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
I have only just realized what forum this thread is in ... I (carelessly) assumed I was posting in the lounge area for some reason. Apologies if the nature of my post has offended any Christian members ...

Hello

I found nothing wrong in what one said.....while Christmas is traditionally a Christian day.....it has evolved to much more over time.

TOO not all family traditions and memories are happy one's, it is in sharing that at times we clear from us some of those past hurts and sorrows so that we might well embrace what is the TRUE spirit of this time of year.

Many put on a SHOW for this time of year when there is not tha feeling peace in thier hearts.

I am not Christian I was raised that way but I have moved from that. I have taken though the "Peace" of the events around this holdiay and made that a part of our home.

Lynn