Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Deactivated Account

hi White Monarch,

Good idea on giving away the Karma cards. Nice idea to let those you are reading for, choose the deck . I really don't read for anyone else, on a rare occasion for a friend or two. Usually I am just using the decks for myself. It seems to go in stretches, some times I feel connected to one or two decks, and the cards I receive are so in sync with what is going on in my life... and sometimes, these cards just don't speak to me, and I choose another deck.

Oh I still like the animal messages deck, for awhile it seemed I was always seeing different animals and I liked checking on the messages. Lately it seems like I haven't been getting any animal messages at all.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-11-2010, 12:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
my first one was oracle of the dreamtime....great tool to train my mind. now i recetnly bought the buddha tarot, there a lot of cards in that one. have not gotten use to it yet, but it is very accurate.

hi Gracey,

I like the sound of the oracle of the dreamtime cards ! Who is the author of that deck ?
Interesting on the buddha tarot. I am just amazed at the variety of decks out on the market !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 15-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Katiecat

My first deck of oracle cards was the "Healing with the Fairies" by Doreen Virtue. I love them, and yes they chose me....as I was really shopping for a tarot deck originally.
Old 15-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Deactivated Account

hello Katiecat ! Welcome back !

funny how that works when the cards choose us !

Expect Miracles !

Old 15-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
What was your first Oracle/ Angel card deck ?

Did you choose it or did the deck choose you ?

If you have since then, acquired more card decks...is your first deck your favorite ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

I cant remember what my first deck was....it was either a fairy card deck or animal oracle.

Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps.

I have aquired more since then and I dont have a favourite deck. Part of the reading, for me, is intuitively choosing which deck to use. They are each quite unique in their way of relating to questions....and the nature of the questions they are most approprate for.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:49 PM
indigoangel

Well, I think my first Oracle card deck was the archangels one, which is also my favorite. It's the one I'm more "attuned" to. I don't know if this has something to do with it, or if I'm just particularly sensitive to the archangels. My second and most equally favorite, is my deck of Archangel Michael cards. He's really good for when I need some straight talking advice balanced with a heavy dose of courage and love.
Old 16-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Deactivated Account

hi heather,

yes, makes sense if one is doing a reading for someone, to intuitively choose which deck to use. I meant a favorite deck for yourself, if you were doing readings just for you.

and as far as who chooses who... that question explained is ...
I was wondering when a person purchases a card deck, did they go into the store specifically looking for a particular deck by a specific author ?

OR did the person just happen to go to the New Age section of the store, and look at all the decks and feel " drawn " towards or have one of the card decks " speak "
to them ? Just a curiosity type question, not a big deal.

Your answer of "Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps." is a very good answer !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Deactivated Account

hi indigoangel,

I also have the Archangel Michael cards and I use them quite frequently.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Card inventory

Today I decided to take inventory, and see what card decks I have, they were all in different locations.

I have 12 decks ! I didn't realize I had quite so many.

I have ~

* Messages from Your Angels by Doreen Virtue (D.V.)
* Goddess Guidance by D. V.
* Angels of Light by Diana Cooper
* Archangel Michael by D.V.
Archangel Oracle by D.V.
Crystal Oracle by Toni Carmine Salerno
Healing Cards by Caroline Myss and Peter Occhiogrosso
Archangel Raphael Healing cards by D.V.
Animal Messages by Susie Green
* Wisdom of Avalon by Collette Baron - Reid
* Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Collette Baron - Reid
Karma Cards by Monte Farber

My favorite decks/ ones that I use most often have a * in front of them.

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi heather,

yes, makes sense if one is doing a reading for someone, to intuitively choose which deck to use. I meant a favorite deck for yourself, if you were doing readings just for you.

and as far as who chooses who... that question explained is ...
I was wondering when a person purchases a card deck, did they go into the store specifically looking for a particular deck by a specific author ?

OR did the person just happen to go to the New Age section of the store, and look at all the decks and feel " drawn " towards or have one of the card decks " speak "
to them ? Just a curiosity type question, not a big deal.

Your answer of "Who knows who chooses who....it is a coming together instead perhaps." is a very good answer !

Dream Angel xx

I choose intuitively when I am doing readings for myself too. Because I know my cards and where in me they touch, the deck I choose has some relation to what I take from the reading.

tree oracle - tend to give a longer view of the immediate situation, showing it in the context of a bigger picture.

animal oracle - are about behaviour and where we are focussing...or where it may benefit us to focus.

crystal oracle - these speak of life in terms of energies.

ascended masters - I like these because they are quite direct in terms of giving an answer......but have been 'told off' by my intuition at times for wanting to choose them for an obvious answer, when it is a situation that needs my contemplation.

angel oracle - these are about emotion...I rarely find guidence in these cards, but I do find confirmation and understanding.

healing with fairies - these speak to the child within, they are light hearted and easy in times of fear. I often use them if my children want a card.

And my latest deck - mystical lenormand cards - these are purely symbolic and stimulate the inner voice.

Ofcourse, these meanings are only how I relate to the cards personally, but its helpful I find.