Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Animus27

Scientists find first real evidence you CAN see the future

I thought this was pretty fascinating.

http://blastr.com/2010/10/scientists...the-future.php
Old 27-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Master
Awwwwesome.....LOL!!! Brilliant, thanks Animus.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Rumar

Awesome, only need more news spread worldwide about this.
I feel there's not enough attention to this.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Carly74

Interestingly, I've noticed, more and more topics like this are appearing throughout the media.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Master
Nothing new really, accessing your memory does not mean you go back in time, or see the future. That's a mind trick. What it means is that you access your memory.

I see quick conclusions made by psychologists almost daily in the news. Psychology ain't a hard science, folks.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Experiencer
I'm sorry but I don't see how this has to do with reading into the future... they recalled words they had just seen, a normal stage of memory processing and learning... This type of study is very elementary and brings nothing new to what we already know about cognitive psychology.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Experiencer
I just briefly scanned the study itself... the article doesn't even describe the study. As for the study itself, they should not state that it is proof that one can see in the future. In the instances where the differences were indeed significant (and when I say significant, let's remember we're talking about statistical significance)... but looking at the numbers, the difference is only BARELY significant (they "guessed" properly 53% of the time... which is statistically more important than chance, which is 50%... let's reason that accurate hits only 53% of the time is not exactly proof that one can see in the future). Moreover, many things can be done, statistically, to increase statistical power (chances of finding significant results), such as increasing the number of participants, certain analysis, etc., while in reality, there is no significant different between mean results. Type I errors (stating that there is significant difference when there is no such difference... in other words, falsly rejecting the null hypothesis) and type II errors (falsly accepting the null hypothesis... stating there is are no difference between means, when in reality there are) are dangerous in research, and lead to false conclusions.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Gracey

Similarly, modern quantum physics has demonstrated that light particles seem to know what lies ahead of them and will adjust their behavior accordingly, even though the future event hasn't occurred yet.

the question i would have is how far into the future? maybe that depends on individual consciousness and the "farthest" who be from some who is self actualized.
Old 16-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
Similarly, modern quantum physics has demonstrated that light particles seem to know what lies ahead of them and will adjust their behavior accordingly, even though the future event hasn't occurred yet.

the question i would have is how far into the future? maybe that depends on individual consciousness and the "farthest" who be from some who is self actualized.
Yes the tests on quantum particles choosing their state &/or path ahead of time based on your blind choice later in time occurs within a short time frame...so this is a test of the near future influencing the near past.

Typically controlled usage of this has involved sages and adepts (definitely not me!!! LOL...) who work across the timelines for healing or subtle influences...not typically to radically change the fate or outcome of events, but perhaps to moderate the worst of the suffering or outcomes. Apparently much of it lies with the "sight" across time and the divinely gifted wisdom to know what & how much to do...and then only part of it being the actions themselves that impact the timeline. It's just not something the vast majority of us should attempt in any serious way. Things are generally unfolding as they should and what I need to focus on is work in the here & now.

Still, it's VERY heartening to know that there is an element of slack in the timeline (LOL)...

Peace,
7L
Old 16-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey

yes..