Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-12-2012, 05:45 PM
sesheta

Same with me....I have never mentioned anything about twin flames to mine, and he says he doesn't believe in soulmates, etc.....but he has admitted he feels like fate brought us together, and that we were brought together for a reason! So I know that each of us acknowledges our connection in our own way
Are we both doing the "inner work"? I believe we are. We are in a romantic relationship, but spend a lot of time apart, due to circumstances on both sides that need to be resolved first...but we are both determined to see it through, and know that we will get to that light at the end of the tunnel together!
Old 20-12-2012, 09:19 PM
sandrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duset daram
My twin soul doesn't use much terminology when speaking about our connection, she just says 'you are me'. I gradually absorb this simplicity of her, which is good because part of me is to much analyzing, controlling. On the other side of the spectrum we are completely opposite - mirrored, my simplicity in other aspects helps her to let go what she is holding and controlling. The spiritual work is greatly enhanced by this kind of mirroring.

exactly!! it really pushes you along to grow and see yourself :)
Old 20-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
I don't think it is necessary to say yo you are my twin flame it means this......No way why rock that boat of crazy. Instead when you are comfy as what ever your relationship is then skim the surface.
Old 22-12-2012, 09:48 PM
zen_path

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
I wanted to ask how many of you have surrendered and take this connection as a path to serve? I mean how many of you have talked with your twin about "twinflame connection" and how many here are people (i mean the pair) who consciously(!) are doing their inner work to be with your twin?

That you both know that you cant be together because you need to find that inner peace the inner balance, but you still know at the end of the party with who you are going home? Like he made a promise, she made a promise.. sacred marriage. In the end thereĀ“s only love..

Yes...while we haven't used the word "twin flame" to each other, we have talked about our unique connection, about why we were brought together and that it couldn't have been random. We are both actively helping each other work through issues in our lives. One by one, week by week over the past year+, we've discussed old issues and hurts, and helped heal each other by listening, making and following suggestions, and prodding each other to examine, forgive, and let go. So we aren't doing the 'inner work' alone, we're doing it together. It's hard sometimes but I feel very blessed to walk this path together, even remotely.

A little while ago my TF left me with this Rumi quote "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." It gave me goosebumps...
Old 22-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Master
I would never even dream to bring up the term TF as he would wonder what was wrong with me to go along with something so foolish. He's like me. I don't believe in twinflames. I think it's just a new catch phrase for the decade and someone somewhere is cashing in. But like I've said a bazillion times there is something going on, but I just don't know what to call it and he often mentions he feels there is something more to us and feels we are supposed to 'do something' something good. He states too, to me as well as his family that what we have is more than he ever dreamed of. When we are going strong and doing well, we are amazing and it really is bliss, but when things hit a bump, the relationship is hell, yet we can't part. We've tried to at times, but it seems oh so wrong. Plus the way we were brought together is out of the ordinary. It was like we were brought to each other and we were instantly drawn to each other. People tried to tear us apart and we couldn't and wouldn't. Brief separation, but we always remained in contact even then because he couldn't fully let go and I couldn't let go. Then when I finally gave him my goodbye and said I couldn't hold on anymore and I wanted no more contact whatsoever. I couldn't be friends either, that just ripped his world apart and he spent the weekend trying to get a hold of me and get me back. I still remember when we came back together. It was a beautiful experience. He admits there is something he doesn't understand. He's had prophecies spoken to him and he says they are too uncanny and they all point to me. Not to mention the song he didn't know that he hummed to me which was a song I sang all the time growing up for him...about him.

I realized only in the last few months something about this mirroring stuff that used to drive me nuts. I didn't understand, but now it's right in my face, so I'm doing better because I (think) I understand it now.
Old 22-12-2012, 10:16 PM
sandrask

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen_path
Yes...while we haven't used the word "twin flame" to each other, we have talked about our unique connection, about why we were brought together and that it couldn't have been random. We are both actively helping each other work through issues in our lives. One by one, week by week over the past year+, we've discussed old issues and hurts, and helped heal each other by listening, making and following suggestions, and prodding each other to examine, forgive, and let go. So we aren't doing the 'inner work' alone, we're doing it together. It's hard sometimes but I feel very blessed to walk this path together, even remotely..

wow! when i started reading i thought i had written it myself me and my tf does the same.. It's truly great not to have to do it alone.
Old 22-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Loving_Soul

Yes it's a beautiful thing to have such honesty with another soul - someone to share not just your strengths but weaknesses too - and to know that they love you regardless and vice versa :)
Old 23-12-2012, 03:14 AM
sesheta

To Loving Soul

Yes it's a beautiful thing to have such honesty with another soul - someone to share not just your strengths but weaknesses too - and to know that they love you regardless and vice versa :)

It is indeed a wonderful thing! There have been times over the past year that I'm sure I have tried my TF's patience, and driven him nuts - times I've been sure he was just going to throw in the towel & walk away....but he hasn't....because he knows me - better than I know myself, sometimes, I think.....just like I know him....so even when we drive each other crazy, there is never a question of giving up & walking away....he told me very early on in our relationship: "You're stuck with me until you tell me to fork off!"
Old 28-12-2012, 04:00 PM
Buttercup

Yup, we do and we are and we live together... So it does happen :)

I don't use the term 'twin flame' but I did read him a couple of articles about twins when we were doing the long-distance thing. His response was entirely positive, but he did say that he hesitates to label it in case it takes the magic away (smart man lol). We talk about our connection and call each other soul mate etc on a regular basis, and we love telling our 'story' to people :)

I think it's more common than we think, but it's people who are struggling with pain or disconnection or whatever who feel the need to seek out advice from like-minded people - hence the plethora of sad tales on TF forums ;)