Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Master

Afraid to use a pendulum

I bought a pendulum a few years ago. I have not used it for a long time. I have thought about using it but I am afraid to use it. It seems to be similar to a Ouija board. I am terrified of Ouija boards even though nothing bad ever happened when I played it as a teenager. What are your thoughts about it?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Master
Pendulums are just tools used to heighten your own intuition.
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Deactivated Account

Oh I don't think the pendulum is at all like a ouija board, no fears at all using one. I would think if you feel ok astral travelling you should have no worries using a pendulum.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Master

It is a different. When you astral travel your spirit is traveling. When you are using the pendulum your physical self is using the pendulum.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 AM
StraysBeginn

I'm terrified of the ouija board as well, wouldn't touch it with a six foot pole, but I love my pendulum. It's not the same thing at all. :) You might feel better if you did a proper grounding and protection preparations at first, and make it clear you don't want influences from anyone but from your higher self and spirit guides and anyone/thing that they agree is good for you. (Search for information on that, I would give you links but I can't yet, as I'm a newbie. :) )
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 AM
Master

StraysBeginn that is interesting. May be it is not the same but it seems like it. Thank you all for your replies.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:45 AM
mattie

Moving Past Fear

All of these things are tools. The Ouiji board is a hunk of pasteboard & plastic. It has no inherent power. What has power is the mental & energetic connections we make when we use it. When people use an Ouiji board they often are exploring the unknown, but not really armed w/ metaphysical information. They seldom know the basics about giving parameters about who they are inviting in or vetting those who may make contact.

Move past these fears. It may be worthwhile to examine why these fears exist.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraysBeginn
You might feel better if you did a proper grounding and protection preparations at first, and make it clear you don't want influences from anyone but from your higher self and spirit guides and anyone/thing that they agree is good for you. (Search for information on that, I would give you links but I can't yet, as I'm a newbie. :) )

I'd like to try a pendulum, but if it's a good idea to do protection from unwanted influences then it's not a good idea in my opinion. I'm not interested in doing something that can even in the least bit be influenced by something I don't want.

I had a Ouija board when I was a teenager and it messed up a few of my friends because it worked so well that people would take it home and play by themselves. I think it opened unwanted psychic doors for them because it seemed to negatively affect them.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Quintessence

You could use pendulums as a form of otherworldly divination (that is, forms of divination that involve the otherworlds; e.g. spirits/deities) but it isn't typically used that way nor is it necessary (as it is for an oujia board) to involve otherworldly denizens with pendulums. I don't use pendulums for divination at all, personally. I use them as a focus, either for energy work or for meditations.
Old 16-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Solitary Faery

Pendulums are definitely not the same as ouija boards - they don't open that door to the other world. Rather, they open the door to our own inner minds. However, I find that some people are really uncomfortable using pendulum charts with numbers and letters on them because they so much resemble the ouija. So perhaps you should just stay away from charts so that you don't get yourself freaked out due to the similarity.