Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 AM
jturk

is there an actual god like being or just a bunch of souls

im curious whether or not there is an actual being similar to what most people think of when they use the title "god." i dont mean in the religious sense. but just some being that created all this. or no, is there something else & if so...what else is there? thank you.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
fM55

If I know anything and I know nothing of God and I know truth then I know God is truth if anything or nothing.

If God is anything it is universal truth or God is nothing, or both.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Suspended
Hiya jturk

You are going to get a varied and diverse bunch of answers dependent on people's beliefs.......

Personally, I haven't a clue. I'd go so far as to say a creator is a possibility...but highly improbable in my book. I'm happy to be in awe at "all this" *waves hands at everything*.

Squatch
Old 03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Eudaimonist

No, in my view there may have been a "cosmic egg", some physical entity at the beginning of time that led (possibly through what we call the Big Bang) to the Universe we see today. However, I don't think that the cosmic egg was either aware or a deity.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Master
Myself I don't think there is a god, there is just what is, no need to label whatever it is, this only causes people to organize it as they have with religion, we all then argue over who is right and who is wrong, the same with the soul, no one knows, no one can, so you may as well make up your own belief, if that is what you want.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:44 AM
mattie

Views About God Changing

Views about God being a single deity, an old man w/ long white hair & robes, being a micromanager of our lives is changing to the view of the Universe being an integrated organism of which we are a respected partner. This integrated Universe view usually dispenses w/ the single deity. Views of heaven/hell are also changing.

Anthropomorphizing God-
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d=1#post220510

In your title, you use the phrase ‘just a bunch of souls.’ At the 12D (1-12D) dimensional level of the energies we call God, this group of energies would be very different from our current level of spirit/soul. They would have grown into the level of the energies we call God.

Last edited by mattie : 03-10-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Experiencer

I believe God to be a great light, so bright almost blinding but the most purest and unconditional love emanates.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
im curious whether or not there is an actual being similar to what most people think of when they use the title "god." i dont mean in the religious sense. but just some being that created all this. or no, is there something else & if so...what else is there? thank you.
Honestly, I don't know. And will most likely never know with any real certainty. Which doesn't matter too much, since it's not very relevant to my life - even though it's a fun concept to toy around with, and explore.

I am unsure whether I believe that there is a Creator Supreme that brought forth the Cosmos. I am currently of the suspicion that things arose naturally via Necessity and Fate. Things had to happen, but that doesn't mean that there was a god that sat and thought to itself "hey, I think I'll get rid of this nothingness, it's bumming me out."

The Universe is a natural product, just as everything else is, but that doesn't exclude the existence of any kind of soul, or deity(s).
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Guide
God,whatever name you care to use does exist.
God is all-everything and is pure colourless light and yet all colours.
In eternity in truth and wisdom.
Krsna.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Quintessence

"Creator" is not distinct from "creation" in my book. And how you slice the numbers depends on point of view and how you as a human decide to categorize things into boxes.