Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Neville

So you feel a little confused?

I suppose that's the price we pay for being told what to think. You can see these opposing messages everywhere. Go on stand up for what you believe , so long as most everyone else believes it you should be OK enough.

Murder is bad..Unless you are soldier doing your job or a state executioner or an intelligence agent.

Eat your GM Vegetables, They'll make you big and strong.

Sure Flouride in the tap water is good for you. Asparatame is a healthy substitute for sugar.

God is wonderful, though some of those acts of God can be a bit mean.

The Police are Public Servants, even for Rodney King.

Torture is against the geneva convention, so you'd never catch us doing it.

The best way to encourage economic growth is by reducing the ammount of money people have to spend.

That Child will be perfectly safe in the Childrens Home.

No It's a Peace keeping force that we are sending.

I could go on. There are so many conflicting messages that we are subjected to. It gets kind of difficult to set your own moral compass and we end up doing the best we can.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I suppose that's the price we pay for being told what to think. You can see these opposing messages everywhere. Go on stand up for what you believe , so long as most everyone else believes it you should be OK enough.

Murder is bad..Unless you are soldier doing your job or a state executioner or an intelligence agent.

Eat your GM Vegetables, They'll make you big and strong.

Sure Flouride in the tap water is good for you. Asparatame is a healthy substitute for sugar.

God is wonderful, though some of those acts of God can be a bit mean.

The Police are Public Servants, even for Rodney King.

Torture is against the geneva convention, so you'd never catch us doing it.

The best way to encourage economic growth is by reducing the ammount of money people have to spend.

That Child will be perfectly safe in the Childrens Home.

No It's a Peace keeping force that we are sending.

I could go on. There are so many conflicting messages that we are subjected to. It gets kind of difficult to set your own moral compass and we end up doing the best we can.
"Where have all the flowers gone", where is the clarity and understanding? Yes, Neville, you have correctly identified a fundamental issue, the inconsistencies that are so evident that people are conditioned to accept inconsistency as normal and acceptable, employing that model to validate their own inconsistent intentions.. saying one thing, but doing another.

Be well..
Old 01-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Terracotta

I can't speak for all of it, but thankfully it's been very easy for me to flip the bird to aspartame and save myself headaches and nausea.