Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

View Poll Results: Do you think dramatic changes are going to occur soon
Yes 8 72.73%
No 2 18.18%
Don't care 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
The media is widely covering falling crime rates. An Internet search engine results for ‘crime + rates + falling’ yeilds 2,770,000 hits.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=crime+rates+falling& ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I'm sure that's true, I never said it wasn't the case. In mainstream media it would get a mention in a 10 second blip, followed by the 'top story' of the local gruesome murder, thus the emphasis is on the most sensational story, and that is usually the negative ones. No news is good news, as they say, nature of the business i guess in one sense. But even subconsciously being exposed to more negative news than positive, can give a person the impression that crime is on the rise, and that a serial killer lurks around every corner. It is the overall effect in many cases. It is divisive, and i believe in many instances purposely so.

It just seems like many times major news networks, mainly on t.v. make out like everything is getting worse. Where is the line between being aware and informed of what is going on, and unhealthy obsession of constantly focusing on all the evil in the world that encourages/stimulates fear in people and the population at large? Many times i have to turn off the t.v. or radio because it is often a constant barrage of murder and violence and negativity that can start making me feel sick or depressed, in a very tangible, physical way.

(sorry for going off topic)
Old 28-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Many do connect w/ the good things. There are sooooo many wonderful things going on. I've heard the crime rate is going down in the US too. This is probably due to the general aging of the population as the population group of the baby boomers ages.

Heres the thing... IF we do end up being knocked back, its probably the most wonderful thing that can happen to us and the planet. We depend to much on the government, world trade and technology and our government. Most of us cant fend for ourselves, and as nihalistic as it sounds, thats life.

The way I look at it is if arceology/geology and history have taught me anything, is that after destruction, comes the greatest growth of a species.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Neville

Hello Deusdrum,

I am quiet surprised that we have found an area to differ on, if only because normally we seem pretty much aligned.

Please allow to me explain.

The nature of any percieved possible upcoming change was immaterial to me simply because perceptions differ. For example. economic dissolution is a catastrophy for some whilst others think such a back to basics event might be just what the doctor ordered.
Others still regard a mass extinction event as the rapture, Going Home, or Ascension while to others the prospect is the very epitome of the horror's.

I thought I should clear that up.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:33 PM
illusion

neville, I guess I didn't answer really answer your question then.

there has always been bad news, the headlines have always been negative. "if it bleeds, it leads" is the saying in journalism. but what's going on currently in the world feels like more than just simple fearmongering. it feels like a tectonic shift. the "bad news" is dealing with foundational instabilities in the entire global system. on a slightly different scale than stories of robberies and gang violence.

portents, definitely.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Master
Well isn't it just dandy to take all these events in the world and lob them all in one basket labelled "doomsday". How very convenient and satisfying that must be!

I refuse to get caught up in that stuff neville.
Old 28-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Well isn't it just dandy to take all these events in the world and lob them all in one basket labelled "doomsday". How very convenient and satisfying that must be!

because your a stubborn aussie NS. But thats why I like you.. .LOL
Old 28-09-2011, 01:56 PM
mattie

Learned Skill Of Distanced Observer Very Useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
... Many times i have to turn off the t.v. or radio because it is often a constant barrage of murder and violence and negativity that can start making me feel sick or depressed, in a very tangible, physical way. ...

The real issue here is allowing this to affect you. You’re in charge of what energies you allow in. We can develop the witness observer position where we can easily listen to this type of news, yet not be affected in the manner you describe. It’s a learned skill.

Distanced Observer- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...685#post176685
Old 28-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
because your a stubborn aussie NS. But thats why I like you.. .LOL

hehehe...goes both ways my friend
Old 28-09-2011, 02:02 PM
mattie

In Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
... Just in case there were some here that thought that an evolutionary leap was in the offing. I am not so interested in the negative or positive nature of such a change, I am however interested to find out if people are thinking or feeling that some kind of a Zenith has been or is being realised. A time that after which will leave a very different paradigm for existence.

We are smack in the middle of what is called ascension Right Now. This is really just our ascension to 5D (1-12D). Ascension actually begins in 5D & ends for this cycle when we reunite w/ the Universe or the energies we call God in 12D.

This isn't an overnight change or jumping us up dimensional levels w/ no effort of our own (Sorry to those who were hoping for this. LOL), but a steady increase in humanity's awareness.
Old 28-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit

Good for you N.S, I personally do not see how one can connect financial instability on the worlds markets with increased volcanic activity either.

Perhaps these events are better considered seoarately.