Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-07-2011, 12:44 PM
3dnow

Enlightement through self-forgiveness

Hi forum,

Last night I had a feeling that I could wake up from the mind illusion right away. I had the feeling but I couldn't wake up really. (and don't know if it is possible but worth trying)

So in my view it is all about self-forgiveness. If we totally self-forgive we are awake and enlightened or whatever we call it.

How to do that? Realizing that mind is a machine, and most thoughts are accidents. Reasons for thoughts are so complex and random at times that we can't even remember why we had that thought one second ago.

The problem is attaching to thought. Giving it importance. This has been like that since our birth. We had non-sense accidental thoughts and we gave them importance. On the contrary, if we don't attach to thought, hence forgive ourself for that accident, there is no more problem.

So why do we attach, give so much importance to these "accidental" or chaotic thoughts? Fear? What kind of fear is this?

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Master
In my opinion it boils down to a fear that 'who I am is not enough'.

I agree self-forgiveness is essential, but I think its an ongoing process. I dont see enlightenment as a single moment, I see it as a process.
Old 19-07-2011, 01:25 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi forum,

Last night I had a feeling that I could wake up from the mind illusion right away. I had the feeling but I couldn't wake up really. (and don't know if it is possible but worth trying)

So in my view it is all about self-forgiveness. If we totally self-forgive we are awake and enlightened or whatever we call it.

How to do that? Realizing that mind is a machine, and most thoughts are accidents. Reasons for thoughts are so complex and random at times that we can't even remember why we had that thought one second ago.

The problem is attaching to thought. Giving it importance. This has been like that since our birth. We had non-sense accidental thoughts and we gave them importance. On the contrary, if we don't attach to thought, hence forgive ourself for that accident, there is no more problem.

So why do we attach, give so much importance to these "accidental" or chaotic thoughts? Fear? What kind of fear is this?

Thanks,

3dnow
I agree with you 100%. I think it is our ego and unconscious behavior that creates the fear and negativity. It is part of ego in my point of view. I think key to it all is Awareness. Recognition of thought processes. Someone can go deeper into why they received a specific thought. They can ask themselves, "Why did I get that negative thought? What triggered it?" If you think about it there would not be any suffering if underneath the surface there might be a 'drive' to think that way. Once awareness of underlying/core fundamentals behind those thoughts are brought into ones awareness. It is no longer unconscious behavior. Awareness of unconscious behavior creates a new dimension of consciousness in the picture. That is great progress for us spiritual folks. Then your thoughts, emotions, reactions don't control you. You are in control when awareness is brought into the picture, and a deeper sense of true self.
Old 19-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Time

Nice one 3D.....

I will say, that I think forgiving your self is a huge thing, but so is being accountable for your actions, and understanding that the world doesnt revolve around us.... If the world died, we wouldnt survive, but if we all died, the earth would flourish....

Thoughts are some of the defining things in our species. No one person, no matter how "perfect" they may seem, has only good thoughts. We all have good and bad in us, the real thing that matters is choosing how we live
Old 19-07-2011, 01:43 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Nice one 3D.....

We all have good and bad in us, the real thing that matters is choosing how we live

I think what keeps bringing us negativity is not liking or presenting it as 'bad' and when it happens that feeling that it is bad makes it persist. I think it all has to do with "The Law of Attraction." But if we choose to love the negative, it will no longer be a negative feeling, it will turn into a positive feeling. Loving all emotions will keep someone in a good mood all day in my opinion.
Old 19-07-2011, 01:53 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
In my opinion it boils down to a fear that 'who I am is not enough'.

I agree self-forgiveness is essential, but I think its an ongoing process. I dont see enlightenment as a single moment, I see it as a process.

Hi andrew,

I totally agree with you. But when we are convinced that we are God, we should no more have this fear. How to feel like God constantly?

I also feel it like process, but searching instant enlightenment is also part of the process. No idea.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 01:55 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
I agree with you 100%. I think it is our ego and unconscious behavior that creates the fear and negativity. It is part of ego in my point of view. I think key to it all is Awareness. Recognition of thought processes. Someone can go deeper into why they received a specific thought. They can ask themselves, "Why did I get that negative thought? What triggered it?" If you think about it there would not be any suffering if underneath the surface there might be a 'drive' to think that way. Once awareness of underlying/core fundamentals behind those thoughts are brought into ones awareness. It is no longer unconscious behavior. Awareness of unconscious behavior creates a new dimension of consciousness in the picture. That is great progress for us spiritual folks. Then your thoughts, emotions, reactions don't control you. You are in control when awareness is brought into the picture, and a deeper sense of true self.

Yes but what I am saying is that you don't need to ask yourself why you had that negative thought because it is an accident. The reason is certainly complete non-sense and has no importance.

Because this is not how you are.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 01:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi andrew,

I totally agree with you. But when we are convinced that we are God, we should no more have this fear. How to feel like God constantly?

I also feel it like process, but searching instant enlightenment is also part of the process. No idea.

3dnow

You made me laugh there....you are so right....searching instant enlightenment is part of the process!

In my opinion, as our path unfolds we cultivate two important things....patience and flexibility. And self-forgiveness plays a big part in cultivating these things. I guess the day that we feel like God constantly is the day that we live as if its all a journey without a destination.
Old 19-07-2011, 01:59 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Nice one 3D.....

I will say, that I think forgiving your self is a huge thing, but so is being accountable for your actions, and understanding that the world doesnt revolve around us.... If the world died, we wouldnt survive, but if we all died, the earth would flourish....

Thoughts are some of the defining things in our species. No one person, no matter how "perfect" they may seem, has only good thoughts. We all have good and bad in us, the real thing that matters is choosing how we live

In my view when you self-forgive you are God. When you learn that you also stop judging others because we are all the same. So the world doesn't revolve around us.

Yes we all have good and bad in us. This doesn't matter. What matters, what is important, is to forgive all of them courageously. This is what we are.

3dnow
Old 19-07-2011, 02:00 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Yes but what I am saying is that you don't need to ask yourself why you had that negative thought because it is an accident. The reason is certainly complete non-sense and has no importance.

Because this is not how you are.

3dnow

I think that accident is unconscious behavior within Us.