Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonflower
Hi Everyone

The Secret is not a revelation to me & I do not understand what people are raving about..

In my humble opinion it is just making someone very rich out of many vulnerable people .

Moonflower x

So, Moonflower, these vulnerable people are then victims? If the full understanding of the secret is understood by you, tell me then how it applies to these vulnerable people.

The information in the secret is but a scratch on the surface of the law of attraction. the movie and book are starting to introduce these concepts to the general public. This is good, because though it will be widely misunderstood, it will start to plant seeds in the mind of the spiritually blind.

Just stirring the coffee,

Chadley
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Moonflower

Hi Chadley

U misinterpret me 2 I do not recall using the label victims & who said they were victims your perception of what I stated not mine, vulnerable as in many people who are drawn to this do not have the funds available to purchase either the book or the DVD & yes they can most probably go to the library or hire the DVD but it is an item that they would most probably want to keep if they believe it is a revelation?

Even if there only use for it is for future reference & i think you underestimate these people in assuming that they do not at least have some knowledge some seeds/wisdom of their own..

As for the my opinion on the Secret my opinion is just that..

I hope you enjoyed ur coffee Chadley?

Moonflower x
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Aylish

The secret has always been, and always will be, and it is certainly not a secret. But when you wrap it up in a fancy new age marketing gimmick and call it revolutionary or life changing, and imply that it has been kept from the masses for thousands of years, then you're bound to make some big $$$ from it.

The Secret has, in my humble opinion, done nothing more than cause people to focus on how to manipulate the universe into giving them what they want, by thinking fluffy thoughts, and yet the sub-thought goes ignored.

It is foolishness if you ask me. But no one asked me :)

The sun would shine whether we willed it to or not. We do not control the universal ebb and flow of life, in the cosmos or in this garden, we are simply a component of it which is. Rather than trying to figure out how to think properly in order to attract everything good that you want, just experience your life as it comes. Sometimes the greatest treasure is found in the deepest heartache. And if we're all manifesting lovey dovey warmth and Light, then there will be nothing to learn from.

Treasure the shadow.

Blessings,
Aylish
Old 13-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Enlightener

You guys are funny ;)

I am reading the book at the moment and in the first few pages of the book it explains how, Rhonda Byrne, the one who "discovered" this secret was amazed that nobody knew about it and wanted to spread the word, so to speak. The information in the DVD, and in the book, are quite aligned with her perspective of how things were/are with regards to the secret.

She (Rhonda Byrne) was not trying to make money out this by making it a "gimmick", all she wanted to do was to show the world how to be able to use the universe to help you create joy. And just cause the teachers of the secret are making money out of it; is that really a bad thing?

They are helping people realise their true potential in life. If someone helped me realise that I am an infinite, powerful creator I would certainly spend a bit of money to help me on that path.

Money has got a bad rap over the years and I guess the secret is helping to change that.

Enlighetner
Old 13-05-2007, 09:10 AM
saxon

I've come to grow a total dislike for the Secret. I believe in such a thing as the Law of Attraction, but not their version. If you have negative thought patterns, you sure can "attract" negative things, but it has more to do with common sense than anything paranormal. (ex, if someone has self-deprecating tendencies, they won't dare try much, if they're aggressive, not everyone will be willing to put up with it,...).

But if you have positive thoughts, will you necessarily attract good stuff? If you spend your day sitting around and just thinking positive, I kind of doubt it.

Now, supposing you work on what it is you have to work on to get what you want, will you attract it? Maybe not because what the secret people seem to forget is the material plane has limited resources. Say half the thousands of people casting for American Idol watch the Secret and apply its principle, will the universe suddenly cause Fox to take them all in? Chances is are they'll at least pick at least one jerk or no talent hack over them for ratings boosting purposes.

Anyhow, the Secret belies my belief that we incarnate to enable our soul to grow. That's why challenges, frustration, traumas... are essential down here. And sometimes the lesson can be to let go, becoming more selfless,... (Have the Secret people ever heard about that?)

I believe there's something above us that knows much better than us what we're supposed to attract at any particular time in our life. If it's "negative" stuff, the secret says think (as in wish) more positive. But why not try to understand why it happened instead? wouldn't there be a lesson to learn there? How about looking within, doing some introspective work, piercing the barrier of denial/neediness that separates you from your Higher-self? But yes, the process is freaking painful if done seriously so I can understand the Secret and his rub-the-magical-lamp way being more alluring. I'm just not sure where it's getting at.
Old 13-05-2007, 11:50 PM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
....They are helping people realise their true potential in life. If someone helped me realise that I am an infinite, powerful creator I would certainly spend a bit of money to help me on that path.

Money has got a bad rap over the years and I guess the secret is helping to change that.

Enlighetner
Well said Enlightener, I think prosperity, well-being, and anything that gives a glimmer of hope to mankind gets such a bad rap too, it's ironic in my view, that such good things in life get taken for granted, so I can see where some people maybe coming from when they say the principles of "The Secret" don't work for them. Personally, I see the principles of "The Secret" working at this very moment, in my life and those around me who, if anything, are simply happy for who they are and what they have right now which are the things that are important to them, whether it be clean air, another chance at life, a renewed connection with someone, food on the table etc. it snowballs into more good things, as much as the heart desires, yet usually subconsciously. We each attract lifes dramas too, if we were to stand back and look at ourselves, and our own actions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon
....Now, supposing you work on what it is you have to work on to get what you want, will you attract it? Maybe not because what the secret people seem to forget is the material plane has limited resources.

Hiya Saxon,
It's my view you will attract what it is you truly desire from an abundant source of material or non-material things because we are not all wanting or needing the exact same things (materially, physically, emotionally, or spiritually), at the exact same time, in the exact same way, in the exact same place, and for the exact same reasons, and so it's only logical, I would think, that whatever we think we desire, we will get it or achieve it because nobody else will be seeking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon
Say half the thousands of people casting for American Idol watch the Secret and apply its principle, will the universe suddenly cause Fox to take them all in? Chances is are they'll at least pick at least one jerk or no talent hack over them for ratings boosting purposes.
Lol, this is hilarious, love the way you put it. I'm of the notion that the unsuccessful participants of American Idol were desiring something similar, but not completely the next American Idol spot. We don't know all the details, only what we see or hear in the media, but some of them went on to make movies, join local bands and become famous in their communities, or put their talents to use somewhere else in the entertainment industry as well as using their talents to do good in worldly endeavors like raising money for charities. Fantastic outcome, imo.

I think "The Secret" did tell us 'Why' the "law of attraction" works, and yes, it's main focus seems to tell us 'how' to apply the "law of attraction." What "The Secret" has shown me, is that the principles of the "Law of Attraction" IS being applied to life just as we speak, whether I'm aware of it or not. It's always been working, and will always continue to work, as long as I'm creating the life of .... "Angelicious, 35 years old, mother to 15 year old, artist, singer, magnificent, beautiful, talented, loves family, smokefree,....etc."

While you are creating your own reality, you are applying the "Law of Attraction" to make your reality so. It's that simple, imo.

Last edited by angelicious : 14-05-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 14-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Orion von Koch

The Secret is nothing but the power of positive thought played through a new format. In this realm the power of attraction is why we are even here. It seems that this is something that victims really tend to seek out and I can see why. It helps.
Old 14-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Guide

Please understand that my reply here is only to help people learn and understand the law of attraction, not to upset anyone. I only have hopes that someone will understand the value and power of the law of attraction. As I alluded to earlier, The Secret is only the basics, the very basics of the law of attraction. This law is perfect, and applies to all things and all situations in accordance with the perfect instrument that the universe is.

Evidently, the secret is still a secret to you guys despite all of you who have read it. You have read it and/or watched it on TV and it is still a mystery to you.

I want this to be clear, The Secret is NOT...NOT simply the power of positive thought played through a new format. The power of positive thought is the very beginning to the understanding of the law and is very limited. In fact, that is really all that prayer is positive thought with the exception of the people who understand the true power of the law applied through prayer. These people are rare, which is why there is only one American idol. These people operate out of a higher consciousness, which is why they don't desire to be an American Idol, lol.

The information in the secret is the next step beyond and in addition to positive thought in regards to the law of attraction. The success you will have executing the methods in this book/TV program are related to your ability to discern the truth within it so that the true application can be recognized.

I remember way back when a certain member of the forum warned me to not give away to much information on the law of attraction so that the information would not be misused. However, after observing the responses from the information of the secret alone, which in itself is very limited, I have no concerns of this as I watch people fumble over this information.

Again, I apologize, I am not trying to be rude (a.k.a Simon Cowell ;), but I just want the people on this site, those of a spiritual approach, to understand the value within this very very spiritual concept.

thoughts and words do have a signature, a small amount of power, and an identifiable wavelength or characteristic. But Thoughts do not actually do the creating, they are not the driving force behind manifestation. Everyone has an unlimited power to manifest if only they did not set their own limits themselves. It seems I can not over emphasize this. Thoughts do not create, positive or otherwise. Thoughts do not create! Thinking happy thoughts is not enough to manifest the desired happiness. Thoughts only dictate what is to be created. And, since thoughts do not actually do the creating, if you do not support your thoughts with what does, nothing will happen, which is what most people find. This is the safety switch that the law of attraction has. If only the mind attempts to apply whatever thoughts, it will usually fail, the only exceptions occurring when extreme will is applied.

So before I go on with this, any volunteers? Can anyone tell me what is the fuel that ignites the manifesting potential of thought? What catalyst is needed to transform thought into manifestation?

Any takers?

Chadley
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 14-05-2007 at 07:20 PM.
Old 14-05-2007, 09:36 PM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
Evidently, the secret is still a secret to you guys despite all of you who have read it. You have read it and/or watched it on TV and it is still a mystery to you.

Lol, hilarious Chadley, I like the way you put things too. I'd like to vouch for the secret not being such a secret as it operates at every moment, imo. People are conscious of it, recognizing and utilizing it's potential, and there are the majority who are unconscious to it and allow it to unfold as random experiences, situations & events. However, I'm of the notion that thoughts are the driving force behind manifesting all that is created in our physical, spiritual, mental and emotional reality to date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadley
So before I go on with this, any volunteers? Can anyone tell me what is the fuel that ignites the manifesting potential of thought? What catalyst is needed to transform thought into manifestation?

Any takers?

Chadley
As Kenny from SouthPark would say, mk. I've got an answer for those questions . The feul that ignites the manifesting potential of thought is feeling. Thoughts, also known as beliefs (seed thoughts) create feelings and emotions, which in turn creates our reactions and actions in life, or the steps we take to fulfilling our true desires.

Feelings and emotions come from what we think about the most and are the catalysts used to transform thought into physical manifestation. In my experience manifesting or attracting to me through the concepts shown in The Secret, happens spontaneously, and usually in a precise universal order, think it, feel it, be it, do it, have it.

As for the American Idol thing, lol, I sing in my own Pop/Rock band with no formal training at all & it all came out of nowhere (I attracted this using the principles inherent within us all and shown in The Secret, ), and I think Idol contests are a sure way to end a long term career as a singer if that's what your looking for, or to become famous. I mean, does anyone remember anyone else after Kelly Clarkson? lol lol lol. She did the work that chick, Rock On!

Positive thoughts creates the positive feeling that creates the positive reactions that become positive actions that creates the positive outcome that you are already at.

Last edited by angelicious : 14-05-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 15-05-2007, 02:04 PM
angelica

Good Day,
I just watched The secret yesterday for the first time....I found it to be so true....Think about it with fulll responsibilities.....i mean you are what you think.....Great Movie!!!!!! When we were young, we were always told Set your mind to it! Or Mind your thoughts-how true!!!!!
lots of love
Angelica
Closed Thread