Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Jesus is not God

I'm thinking that Jesus Christ is not God.

He asked on the cross: "My God, My God - have your left me?" that makes me think he just lived his human destiny like the rest of us.

I believe though that he died on the cross and were brought back to life. I believe he did miracles. I believe he is a way to heaven - but not the only one.

I believe he was son of God - but so am I too.
Old 29-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
I'm thinking that Jesus Christ is not God.

He asked on the cross: "My God, My God - have your left me?" that makes me think he just lived his human destiny like the rest of us.

I believe though that he died on the cross and were brought back to life. I believe he did miracles. I believe he is a way to heaven - but not the only one.

I believe he was son of God - but so am I too.

Did Jesus really say ' Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani ' this is what the Scribes wrote but it's your perception that makes it true/false.

I personally believe that Jesus is God in human form, as we all are.
Old 29-05-2018, 11:38 PM
Experiencer

He also said "The Father is Greater than I"
He said that He could not decide who would sit by his sides but only the Father can decide.
Jesus was tempted by the devil. Can God be tempted by the devil?
"But nobody knows when that day or hour will come, not the heavenly angels and not the son. Only the Father knows."
"Father, if it is possible, take this cup of suffering away from me."

All of this is evidence that Jesus is not God.
Old 29-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
The reason that Jesus was separated from the Almighty on the cross is because He took yours and my place, becoming sin for us.

He became the proxy, and the atoning Lamb of God.

He is the Son, because of the virgin birth into the world, and humanity.
Otherwise, He is One with God, and no difference.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 29-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
Double post.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-05-2018, 01:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The reason that Jesus was separated from the Almighty on the cross is because He took yours and my place, becoming sin for us.

He became the proxy, and the atoning Lamb of God.

He is the Son, because of the virgin birth into the world, and humanity.
Otherwise, He is One with God, and no difference.

Almah/ Virgin is a young women of childbearing age in the ancient Hebrew language It doesn't have the same meaning as virgin in todays language
Old 30-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Master
Throughout Jesus' life, he had only one brief moment of doubt - but he was in excruciating agony...probably couldn't think straight and let his countenance slip for all of about 10 seconds. This was atoned for in the end "into Your hands, I commend my Spirit' and so, He finally surrendered to God's will.
Old 30-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
He said that He could not decide who would sit by his sides but only the Father can decide.
"But nobody knows when that day or hour will come, not the heavenly angels and not the son. Only the Father knows."

All of this is evidence that Jesus is not God.

Some good stuff.

Quote:

Even though Jesus was one with the Father there is still more to realize.

Quote:

Deciding would be of ego. It's about letting go, what is meant to happen will happen.

Quote:

The temptations were of the mind, of the ego. The point missed is that Jesus didn't get caught up in it.

Quote:

Not sure of the context.

Quote:

Nothing wrong at all in asking for some help in times of need. It sure doesn't make one a lesser person for it.
Old 30-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Experiencer

Why would Jesus if he is fully God ask himself to pass the cup from him. If he was God he would already know the answer and not ask the question in the first place. This shows that he has a will separate from God even though he conformed to the will of God he still had a separate will. Otherwise, he wouldn't have asked.

This is referring to the time when Jesus will return.
Old 30-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Master
So, as I stated Tirisilex, it was The Father's will apart from time, that His only begotten Son, born of the virgin and as long prophesied through the ages, would become the atoning Lamb for sin. (Leviticus 16, and chapter 17 verse 11.)

That, in His Passion, he became separated from God for the sake of humanity.
"Christ died once for sins, the just for the unjust to bring us to God."
This is the work of the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Godhead, who convicts, and inspires the elect to respond.

All of which work as One, and in unison.

"God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
John 4:24
Spirit is not flesh Trisilex.

Revelation 1:8 - The Father, Who is the beginning and the end.

Revelation 22:13 - The Son, Who is the beginning and the end.