Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 24-01-2011, 05:19 PM
hippocratie

My Patron Saint

One of the factors that distinguishes the Christian religion from other religions is our adornment of our own personal Patron Saint. Our Patron Saint is a person that has already been recognised for their dedication to God’s work. The mission that they accomplished in life is something that we can personally relate to within our own lives. A Christian’s Patron Saint is a protégé for his own spiritual calling.
My Patron Saint was born in 100AD. His name was Justin Martyre. Justin was a Roman in a time when Rome was particularly harsh toward Christians. Justin could never admit to anyone that he had a call from Christ. Even the Christians themselves, Justin could never expect any respect from them. You see, Justin was a Roman soldier, his job was to investigate people that were probable Christians, gather evidence against them, form a prosecution, order the arrest.
When Justin was 30, like many of us he received his call to the Christian movement. Because of the position that Justin was in he could never form any Christian alliance, but his position gave him the ability to directly defend Christianity in front of the Roman Senate. Justin questioned why we were so fearful of these Christians. Their movement wasn’t about building some huge army that will take over the entire world and end time. The were loveing, peaceful people that realised that there was a lot of cruelty in the world and they wanting to raise their children so that they wouldn’t have any part of it. Justin was reputed that this Christian God was so simplistic in all it’s conception that they might as well be worshiping a rock than this form of a man on a cross. So Justin spoke Roman to Roman. At the time all the Roman elite spent their days sitting around the court yard contemplating Plato and all his works. Justin explained that this concept of the Christian Trinity was exactly the same as Plato’s conception of the Logos. With that statement and the commotion that it caused the Christian Trinity became elevated above that of a simple rock to the God that we know and love today.
In the end Justin was asked to sacrifice a lamb at the alter which was a central Roman ritual. Justin explain that his God was not impressed by such superficial sacrifices, so he was burned to death for being a Christian. As much as Justin accomplished for the Christian movement he was never really remembered for his sacrifice, Plato wrote all the books, Plato conceived the logos, Plato exemplified the Trinity. In the end, Justin Martyre was Just ‘n Matryre.
Old 24-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Ascender

That was a very interesting read! When you say patron saint do you mean your guardian angel?
Old 24-01-2011, 06:25 PM
hippocratie

No, my guardian angel would be someone that looks over me from the spiritual world. My patrol Saint is more like a role model taken from history.
Old 24-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Oh wow, is this story really true? I'm glad I read this.