Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 10-09-2015, 04:19 AM
Seeker

Readings not what they used to be

I have been reading tarot for one or two months and have been surprised in the past about how accurate the readings were for people. Lately I have been receiving cards that are completely contradictory to the situation and other cards. I think this started back when I let someone else use my cards to give me a reading but I made sure to touch every one of the cards afterward. I wonder if I just need more confidence in this area but it is weird when I notice the contradictions. Any idea how I can restore the accurate readings with my cards and how I can learn how to do better readings?
Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 PM
55Degrees

You're going to get told loads of different and conflicting advice about why the cards appear to be inaccurate. I will likely get flamed by others who feel differently, but my belief is this;

Tarot cards are just pieces of card with ink on. They have no consciousness and no magical entity working within them.
They trigger unconscious and subconscious thought, also known as intuition. The 'energy' from a deck is basically the strength of trigger in the cards. So when someone says that their cards have a really strong energy, what they mean is that the images are strong triggers for their intuition.
I have multiple decks, I never 'cleanse', smudge, use crystals or incense, I don't wrap them in silk or velvet, consecrate or performance any ritual. My cards are handled by many, from an inquisitive 2 year old to to friends and clients, even my dogs sniffing them. Yet I don't have any issue with my cards being out of sync.

It may be that now you have been reading them for a short while that it is time to broadening your knowledge of a cards meaning (there are hundreds of meanings for every card depending on placement and question). Start to strip away the layers within the cards and work out what each card means to you, personally.

Have a look at this thread http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=90296 it shows how different people see their cards (join in if you like, we love new playmates) and it can help add new meaning and perspective to the cards. Join I some of the other practice threads, it's a great way to get some confidence in your practice. Look up images of corresponding cards from different decks on google, see what those images trigger. Compare them with your own deck see what they have in common and what is different.

Remember, no card means only one or two things, every card works in every situation, eg 10 of Cups in a work question, a) you love your job and colleagues, b) work, bah! Spend sometime with your loved ones, c) your job is emotionally fulfilling, (nurse, doctor, school teacher, vet) it's something of a vocation.

Good luck with your learning, believe me it never ends.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
You're going to get told loads of different and conflicting advice about why the cards appear to be inaccurate. I will likely get flamed by others who feel differently, but my belief is this;

Tarot cards are just pieces of card with ink on. They have no consciousness and no magical entity working within them.
They trigger unconscious and subconscious thought, also known as intuition. The 'energy' from a deck is basically the strength of trigger in the cards. So when someone says that their cards have a really strong energy, what they mean is that the images are strong triggers for their intuition.
I have multiple decks, I never 'cleanse', smudge, use crystals or incense, I don't wrap them in silk or velvet, consecrate or performance any ritual. My cards are handled by many, from an inquisitive 2 year old to to friends and clients, even my dogs sniffing them. Yet I don't have any issue with my cards being out of sync.

It may be that now you have been reading them for a short while that it is time to broadening your knowledge of a cards meaning (there are hundreds of meanings for every card depending on placement and question). Start to strip away the layers within the cards and work out what each card means to you, personally.

Have a look at this thread http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=90296 it shows how different people see their cards (join in if you like, we love new playmates) and it can help add new meaning and perspective to the cards. Join I some of the other practice threads, it's a great way to get some confidence in your practice. Look up images of corresponding cards from different decks on google, see what those images trigger. Compare them with your own deck see what they have in common and what is different.

Remember, no card means only one or two things, every card works in every situation, eg 10 of Cups in a work question, a) you love your job and colleagues, b) work, bah! Spend sometime with your loved ones, c) your job is emotionally fulfilling, (nurse, doctor, school teacher, vet) it's something of a vocation.

Good luck with your learning, believe me it never ends.

Very good advice Pisces Moon. I totally agree with you. When I started some months ago, I read all sorts of things you should and shouldn't do with your cards - cleansing, burning this, that or the other to cleanse them, leaving them out in moon light, not letting anyone touch the cards, etc, etc. I decided for myself they were just pieces of card with images on them. However, I do treat them as a tool of sorts, meaning I keep them clean and look after them.

I think what I'm trying to say, is that the cards will respond depending how you personally view them and how you personally decide to treat them. If you think they are "magical" and something could "damage" their energy, it will most likely have that effect - not from the cards themselves, but from a part of yourself that has decided that the cards are a type of entity that can be affected depending on who touches them, etc. If you feel it is necessary to cleanse the cards, burn incense and all the rest, then go for it. But me personally, I don't find it necessary either.

If my cards or readings are off, it's because I'm not skilled enough yet, or I'm too tired, stressed or feel under par. I usually know when this is and just leave them alone and go and do something else until I get my "balance" back. It also depends what mood I'm in when I'm doing a reading - sometimes I'm feeling more in tune and just let things flow, other days I may be feeling very critical and have difficulty trusting what I'm doing, and revert back to more "traditional" meanings. If I find using them is a chore, I get up and walk away.

This forum has helped me enormously though (thank you to everyone!) and it's enjoyable not to feel you're going to be laughed at or criticised if you get it wrong (which we all do at some stage or another). It's nice to be able to just have some card "fun" and learn at the same time, as well as hopefully help others and be helped.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Master
In my opinion, the cards are never wrong, it's just our inability to read them that's the issue. It sounds like you may be bogged down with things in your life right now that are keeping you from seeing the cards clearly. Take a break. Then go back to your cards when you feel at peace again. It may be a lack of clarity issue. Try meditating then reading the cards. In my experience, if your head is all over the place during a reading, you're not going to be able to interpret the cards.

Another thing to consider is maybe it's time to buy a different deck. Maybe that deck has served its purpose.
Old 20-09-2015, 12:35 AM
Knower
You mentioned it happened after you let someone else use your cards. I'd suggest to cleanse them.

There's so many ways to cleanse them me, personally would tap, shake and pass through the smoke of white sage (or an incence stick).