Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Master
Thank you Tzu..i think we're on the same page
Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 AM
not human

No you're not NS your on page 3 and Tzu is on page 2........
Old 04-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Master
well whatever nh..doesnt matter LOL...the point is im posting to a point

pages dont mean....anything to me...they are just words on a screen
Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
well whatever nh..doesnt matter LOL...the point is im posting to a point

pages dont mean....anything to me...they are just words on a screen

Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human

Yeah! yeah! nh ..i know you love me
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 PM
mattie

Mind Processes What We Give It

Our mind isn’t operating autonomously. It’s only processing the thoughts/emotions we put into it.

An example of expectations has cropped up on some recent posts about God & human suffering. If we have the expectation that God is a fixer who is supposed to make our lives here w/o unpleasant issues, then we are likely to be disappointed. This isn’t the fault of the energies we call God, but our own misplaced expectations of the function of these energies. It is likely that others who don't look at God as a fixer will see these same issues as life's normal ebb & flow.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
moke64916

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Loss and suffering..... as a result of unrealized expectations. Mind creates an image of a desired outcome. The manifestation of the expectation is not duplicated at the desired level to satisfy the mind that created it.
The expectation is then unrealized and a feeling of loss follows.
Why do we undertake this process ( allbeit unconsciously ) if so often we are
destabilized by the outcome or lack of outcome? Do you feel this process is an organic function of the mind or a mutation of its workings? What would a life without expectations be like? Do expections reside within a present time awareness?
Expectations is identifying with the mind.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Master
In reference to you & sound's 'expectation vs. intent' i thought of this quote from Crowley, for whatever it may be worth or not.

For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect. (AL I:44)

he goes on to say in commentary;

This verse is best interpreted by defining 'pure will' as the true expression of the Nature, the proper or inherent motion of the matter, concerned. It is unnatural to aim at any goal.
One is not to do Yoga, etc., in order to get Samadhi, like a schoolboy or a shopkeeper; but for its own sake, like an artist.

Not to say i agree or disagree with this, (is it really unnatural to aim at any goal?) but putting it out there anyways. Further commentary;

The free exercise of one's faculties is pure joy; if I felt the need of achieving some object thereby, it would imply the pain of desire, the strain of effort, and the fear of failure.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:52 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
In reference to you & sound's 'expectation vs. intent' i thought of this quote from Crowley, for whatever it may be worth or not.

For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect. (AL I:44)

he goes on to say in commentary;

This verse is best interpreted by defining 'pure will' as the true expression of the Nature, the proper or inherent motion of the matter, concerned. It is unnatural to aim at any goal.
One is not to do Yoga, etc., in order to get Samadhi, like a schoolboy or a shopkeeper; but for its own sake, like an artist.

Not to say i agree or disagree with this, (is it really unnatural to aim at any goal?) but putting it out there anyways. Further commentary;

The free exercise of one's faculties is pure joy; if I felt the need of achieving some object thereby, it would imply the pain of desire, the strain of effort, and the fear of failure.

I like that D... desire lies with setting goals whereas intention is an expression of spirit.....I have heard that applied to Meditation that it has no purpose and is best done without seeking an outcome.....Alan Watts