Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Knower
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoni7510
There is no Archangel called David. Are you referring to King David perhaps? He must be a spirit guide and sure you can call on him and all the Archangels if you want. The American population is highly spiritual hence the belief in angels and guides.

It's extremely possible that there is an archangel that goes by David. For angels, names don't matter to them nearly as much as they do to us so long as they and you both know who you are referring to. My own angel I have found has over 10 names that humans call him due to this and the fact that people in the past have renamed him for other various reasons.
We have lots of ups and downs, pleasures and pains, but that's life and we learn to accept the bad with the good. Without the bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. Life is precious and I cherish it, every living moment.
-Sailor Moon
Old 03-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Knower
The book "Astral Dynamics" suggests that higher dimensions are more abstract, and (*) to make sense of them we have to interpret them through symbols that have a more concrete meaning to us. So if a higher dimensional being is angelic from our perspective, then this information is presented to us through the appropiate symbols such as wings (because we cannot directly see and understand them in their more abstract shape). I don't know from personal experience if this is accurate, but I like this explanation quite a bit.

(*) I'm not sure if I read this explanation in this particular book, or if I heard it somewhere else
Old 03-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcacher
It's extremely possible that there is an archangel that goes by David. For angels, names don't matter to them nearly as much as they do to us so long as they and you both know who you are referring to. My own angel I have found has over 10 names that humans call him due to this and the fact that people in the past have renamed him for other various reasons.

It is highly possible as you said.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
I don't have guides, I have neither seen or felt a guide,especially one who makes contact,aural contact not in my imagination, not virtually in front of me as in a real person/entity!

Same with Angels,why do they have or are depicted having wings?
Where they supposedly come from they must travel by thought,but not wings,the reason I say that is feathers fall out/moult but arms and legs don't,why are all the pictures and paintings of angels winged?

It says somewhere in the bible "an angel of the Lord came down",not flew down,may of been the birth of Christ,so who decided that Angels had wings and when and where?

KRB

I never believed or disbelieved in angels until I remembered being visited by one when I was little. I was watching this show where this psychic was describing his experience of seeing an angel and thats when it came back to me like a bolt-I had been describing the experience before and not knowing what it was I was describing.
But to answer your question, you ask about angels and wings, well you could ask the same about us, why do we have hair on our head? Why does our nose protrude?
Their wings are their most unforgettable part. Thats what made me remember. It instantly gives them a majestic quality, they're huge and the first thing you notice-well I did. Its the part that sticks so solidly in my mind is their huge white wings, just beautiful, it almost makes you want to cry.
Does it really matter why or if they are there?

edit:sorry, even if I was quite versed on the bible, I wouldn't debate it
Old 03-06-2017, 02:30 PM
Suspended
Guide
Hello,
Thank you for all your input, the theories/ideas/answers!

But that was the whole point, but I wanted these eclectic folk with their eclectic answers!
As I have said before here on SF I like to read books, autobiographies and biographies, scientific books up to and slightly above my personal level of intelligence and comprehension, but,I always have under my little coffee table a dozen or so of my favourite tomes,and one of them is a brilliant work by a gentleman named Peter Lorie,and its à book well worth owning,if only for the colour plates.

Its called REVELATION,
St John the Divine’s Prophecies for the Apocalypse and Beyond.
Its published by Simon & Schuster,Labrynth Books,I have had this since 1994.

But one of the painting's depicted in the book is from the 11th century by Isidoro of Leon from the Beatus Madrid ,it shows part of the vision of St John,but I won't go into details but the "two angels wings" are not wings at all,but look to me to be two eagles, the legs are coming out of each side of the neck in the upper thoracic region,they are angels as both figures shows the nimbus!

They are not flying, but look like they are being carried by these birds and placed down!
If I could post photo's I would,its very interesting,the way the artist has depicted it makes it look as though these two birds of prey are wings!
It's pretty cool to look at,and the twelve disciples holding Spanish guitars/instruments, and the centrepiece is where the lamb and the "book" are on a circular throne,and around the throne are four beings,with the heads of a Man,a Lion, an Ox and an Eagle!

It would be cool if someone could find that picture online and post it?

KRB
Old 03-06-2017, 11:13 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine
I never believed or disbelieved in angels until I remembered being visited by one when I was little. I was watching this show where this psychic was describing his experience of seeing an angel and thats when it came back to me like a bolt-I had been describing the experience before and not knowing what it was I was describing.
But to answer your question, you ask about angels and wings, well you could ask the same about us, why do we have hair on our head? Why does our nose protrude?
Their wings are their most unforgettable part. Thats what made me remember. It instantly gives them a majestic quality, they're huge and the first thing you notice-well I did. Its the part that sticks so solidly in my mind is their huge white wings, just beautiful, it almost makes you want to cry.
Does it really matter why or if they are there?

edit:sorry, even if I was quite versed on the bible, I wouldn't debate it

Hello,
Thanks for replying,but only birds are supposed to have wings,aren't they!
Humans are supposed to have noses and head hair,well that surely is due to our environment,but are not angels supposed to be humans who no longer belong to the Earth's cycle of birth and rebirth,
Hence the original question,if they have wings, what for,why and who first depicted angels with wings!

KRB
Old 04-06-2017, 11:41 PM
Pathfinder
Hi. I'm real.

The wings are kind of symbolic, but kind of not. They're a visual thing in art, showing that angels can fly like birds. But they're a power thing too, like how the big guys, the Seraphim and Cherubim, have four or six wings. They're not necessary, but it's like spreading your arms wide when you feel that Power in the universe, if that makes sense.

Why angels look like humans is complicated too. Not all do. Look up Geoffrey Hodson's drawings of "devas" which are basically angels in charge of places like mountains. There are "angels" in pretty much every human culture but called different things. They show up in the best possible form to communicate with who they need to speak with.

They might look like a dude in biker leathers with black wings, or a woman with a halo playing a harp, or a bright light with "wings" of colored light, or a popular character from a TV show, or a huge supernatural bird, or a soldier on a battlefield.

Michael in particular has shown up like that last one. I show up closer to the first one. When people can see me, that is.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake
Hello,
Thanks for replying,but only birds are supposed to have wings,aren't they!
Humans are supposed to have noses and head hair,well that surely is due to our environment,but are not angels supposed to be humans who no longer belong to the Earth's cycle of birth and rebirth,
Hence the original question,if they have wings, what for,why and who first depicted angels with wings!

KRB

Good afternoon slowsnake

For me I see you as an Angel now and one day you'll take flight.

It's said that we are made in Gods image and likeness.

So how do you see them in there environment ?
Old 05-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Guides

I too have many questions but can say that I do have at least one guide. He comes to me while driving and I either "hear" him or it is like a thought I get. Many times through several years I have been "warned" while driving when I need to slow down. Sometimes it is because police are running radar ahead, but has also happened when there have been accidents ahead, or animals in or near the road. I didn't really think much about this when I noticed it happening and then went through a time I thought I was "crazy." As time went on though and I started really thinking about it and started learning it became clear that there is really no other explanation since these "warnings" would come before I had any way of physically seeing these situations when I was told to slow down. The more I learn the more questions I have!
Old 05-06-2017, 03:46 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOwings
I too have many questions but can say that I do have at least one guide. He comes to me while driving and I either "hear" him or it is like a thought I get. Many times through several years I have been "warned" while driving when I need to slow down. Sometimes it is because police are running radar ahead, but has also happened when there have been accidents ahead, or animals in or near the road. I didn't really think much about this when I noticed it happening and then went through a time I thought I was "crazy." As time went on though and I started really thinking about it and started learning it became clear that there is really no other explanation since these "warnings" would come before I had any way of physically seeing these situations when I was told to slow down. The more I learn the more questions I have!

Hello SOwings,
I have had similar experiences, especially whilst driving at night in the rural/bush areas of Australia, I like to think of angels as "helpers", but after death not whilst alive!

But the wings sort of throw me off guard, i am always wondering why/purpose of a part man/woman and part bird!

But I started the thread because I really want to know if others feel the same as I do,different theories and above all are they real or imagined!

KRB