Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
And yet you feel sufficiently qualified to dismiss it as 'nonsense'? I don't think you've yet learnt the meaning of humility, Gem.

Hugs

To date, the following personal assertion have been made in regards to me:

I'm fake (and someone to dismiss or disregard)
I have a problem
I lack humility

That's nothing to do with me and these assertions are nonsense. There's some matter of feeling that has occurred within the accusers that is being expressed in this derogatory fashion, and not a feeling that occurred within myself. The thing is yours and I don't want your junk.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
This speaking lark is a lose lose situation -

I was told recently, not for the first time, that I speak too directly and some take offense at that...

But then I've also been told that I speak to poetically and no one can understand what I'm saying...

oh, but also that I analyse too much and too much thinking must have gone into the writing...

but then...that I don't explain what I really mean...

then back to...yup, you guessed it, that I'm saying what I really mean too directly

...And when I point out such things like the difference between intellectual analysis and contemplation, the old bolt of lightening comes out to strike down such a devilish diva clearly telling others how to speak

In my defense, I am just expressing meself... rather than the oneness of onenessies that would enable one to speak as one and all

Speak directly is OK and best, and I'll tell you one thing, when you step up as you, and not as ego that's acceptable within the status quo of community or society, it ruffles feathers, but it's not you offends people (unless you make judgemental and personal assertions); it's all their expectations and desires about how you should be. They want to place you because if you are just you they can not position themselves in relation to you. The tack then is derision, because their own position must be the higher one, which can only be in respect to the lower. No one wants the lower position.

In fact, very little of what we say is of any importance at all. Most of it is unnecessary and large portion of that is nonsense.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Gem - what a wonderfully enlightening post. You are surely ascending any time soon!

Love n light. Oh, and namaste.

Squatch

A true master doesn't declare their own enlightenment. (See what I did there?).
Old 01-03-2015, 07:40 AM
Knower
Hi, ill speak plainly,

I love you, all of you. And my nonsense, as it were, needs only two things to not be nonsense.

1) I have to believe and explain what it is I am trying to communicate.
2) the specificity of my words may not always be 100% but are always meant to help. Perhaps guide, or instruct. Different situations need different approaches.

The only nonsense here is closing oneself off to the possibility of finding wisdom or enlightenment. You never know where or when or what will hold meaning or value. Wisdom can spring from very strange and unexpected places.

The fact is that we are all here just like everyone else, which means we haven't ascended, the heavens have not parted and god hasn't plucked us up and said 'ok you're done, time to go home'

We are all just a different points. At the least we are all here because we acknowledges the possibility of something else.

Furthermore if my cryptic, vague, nonsense brings about even a moment of contemplation that is all I can hope for. Everything else is on the recipient.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Speak directly is OK and best, and I'll tell you one thing, when you step up as you, and not as ego that's acceptable within the status quo of community or society, it ruffles feathers, but it's not you offends people (unless you make judgemental and personal assertions); it's all their expectations and desires about how you should be. They want to place you because if you are just you they can not position themselves in relation to you. The tack then is derision, because their own position must be the higher one, which can only be in respect to the lower. No one wants the lower position.

In fact, very little of what we say is of any importance at all. Most of it is unnecessary and large portion of that is nonsense.

Back when I was dealing with the effects of abuse, I couldn't speak about it directly - in my mind, I got images that represented what I was feeling. It wasn't that I knew exactly what I wanted to say and decided to use metaphors to speak about it. It was that my mind was not in a state of being able to properly comprehend the reality of abuse.

As I looked further into psychology, the use of imagery and stories is a common phenomenon amongst children talking about trauma.

The reason I'm mentioning this here though, is that as I was trying to deal with abuse, the responses and judgements people made of me because of how I expressed myself were just horrible - I was told no one understands or cares what I'm talking about, and that I probably didn't have a clue what I was talking about either. It is a very vulnerable feeling to speak about abuse, having been conditioned, even threatened, that bad things will happen if you do. So when people react through ignorance in such a dis-compassionate way, it adds to the existing damage that I was dealing with - when, had they had more compassion, they might have leant support to help me find the words.

There are a lot of con people within spiritual communities, and I have spoken up about the existence of cults and wannabe cult leaders... and it pays to recognise the signs of nonsense. But other times there is someone trying to heard within the nonsense.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:48 AM
Knower
Ps.. what I've seen is latent hostility towards gem's grievances which are worded strongly, and possibly be construed as hostility
Old 01-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Ivy

I don't feel any hostility towards gem's post... I don't really see them as grievances either... they are observations of quite common nonsense.

I like Gem for his straight talking (nonsense or not!) - I was just adding another perspective.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi
Ps.. what I've seen is latent hostility towards gem's grievances which are worded strongly, and possibly be construed as hostility

I think people miss the humour. It's not a grievance; it's more like the fact that it's true is what makes it comedy.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Back when I was dealing with the effects of abuse, I couldn't speak about it directly - in my mind, I got images that represented what I was feeling. It wasn't that I knew exactly what I wanted to say and decided to use metaphors to speak about it. It was that my mind was not in a state of being able to properly comprehend the reality of abuse.

As I looked further into psychology, the use of imagery and stories is a common phenomenon amongst children talking about trauma.

The reason I'm mentioning this here though, is that as I was trying to deal with abuse, the responses and judgements people made of me because of how I expressed myself were just horrible - I was told no one understands or cares what I'm talking about, and that I probably didn't have a clue what I was talking about either. It is a very vulnerable feeling to speak about abuse, having been conditioned, even threatened, that bad things will happen if you do. So when people react through ignorance in such a dis-compassionate way, it adds to the existing damage that I was dealing with - when, had they had more compassion, they might have leant support to help me find the words.

There are a lot of con people within spiritual communities, and I have spoken up about the existence of cults and wannabe cult leaders... and it pays to recognise the signs of nonsense. But other times there is someone trying to heard within the nonsense.

To be sure. No one understands my traumas either, but they sure do have a lot of solutions... and yes, others are dismissive of it all.

You have to be cautious in spiritual communities, many people are self promoting, and not necessarily for cash. Money is but one of a variety of reward systems. In many cases the self promoter isn't conscious of it as it is concealed under a 'helpful' self image. We can see how fickle that kindness is because less that kind comments are thinly veiled so they can be understood, but veiled enough that they can be later denied. If you really need to deride a person, that's how do it spiritually.

Your post is sensible and it means to me that person who is 'telling' with answers, advice etc seems very 'helpful', and is indeed thanked profusely, but you are saying here is about being heard and understood. I have a little saying I made up in that regard: 'The truth is in the listening'.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:25 AM
Ascender

Hi Gem are you exploring the values of language and how it relates

to all there is ?

I have been doing that for years

things like love is never the word love

like peanut butter is never the word peanut butter

feelings are cool specially if they are good

bad feelings no one wants

love is always a good feeling

peanut butter you can eat if you like the taste

even if you don't but who would ? except in case its all you have.

well I wonder off in my own thoughts .

anyway i like your topic language should be free

and expressed in anyway we like , you like every on else likes .

your saying what you like or feel thats so good, its freedom.

what would the world be if we cant express all we like to say in words
Closed Thread