Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-10-2013, 11:41 PM
MadamStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I know what you mean but humans being human tend to do things that 'feel good' and don't know the difference.

I haven't gone into 'other' lives but I look for our 'spirituality' in our (my)experiences of life in the present. I believe that our spiritual selves or my invisable self is inextricabley connected to life as we experience it.

I actually think that 'feeling good' is a sign that we are connected to the higher vibration of self, and living in fear or anger is lowering self. So, I do think in this sense there is a difference between good and bad. As in, the lower vibrations can be labeled a 'bad' and when we experience them, we breed them and send them off into the world to effect others.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:20 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmBuzz71
Mary Magdalen and Jesus, are a perfect example of representing of the Holy Spirit, as they where Twin Flames. Jesus represented God(conscious) here on Earth, while Mary represented the teaching of the female energies of Mother Earth(subconscious). Somehow Mary's teachings were lost or left out, as she was Jesus shadow that held the light in the darkness. Originally they both unified spirituality(Female) with religion(Male).

Jesus was of light, and without Mary, Jesus consciousness would've went to la la land, as she kept him grounded here on earth, by representing duality of Earth, they are connected at the soul.

New Age is where our spirit lives in harmony with our soul, and be paired up with our higher love. Together the two will be able to harness some of the Earths energies to benefit the community. Some will be able to heal, invent, listening to the wind, and other gifts like ESP and such. This is where Sci Fi becomes reality.

Thankyou, this is based in a belief system or through a perspective that I don't subscribe to and it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:21 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmBuzz71
The ego makes us human through desires, emotions, etc. Part of ascending is learning to transform the ego's desires to go the way of the light. The ego is our guide in the darkness to raise up one of our stronger spirits of the past. Our higher consciousness, guides our lower consciousness through us, as he cannot go in the dark. So what we learn from up above we must send down below, as the torch doesn't end at us.
This is the same for me. Doesn't translate into reality.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
I actually think that 'feeling good' is a sign that we are connected to the higher vibration of self, and living in fear or anger is lowering self. So, I do think in this sense there is a difference between good and bad. As in, the lower vibrations can be labeled a 'bad' and when we experience them, we breed them and send them off into the world to effect others.

How do you know when you are connected to the vibrations?

I've had experience of people feeling good about their actions or enjoying them but are actually causing harm to another. Sometimes, the feel good mentality doesn't recognize the consequences of their actions.
Old 21-10-2013, 05:59 AM
MadamStar

Quote:
How do you know when you are connected to the vibrations?

I've had experience of people feeling good about their actions or enjoying them but are actually causing harm to another. Sometimes, the feel good mentality doesn't recognize the consequences of their actions.

Interesting. I suppose some are misguided into feeling good about something that hurts another. I wonder if those people can honestly say what they did made them feel good--or that the result ended well, as in karma did not come back to bite them into feeling bad themselves. I do believe in 'what goes around comes around'. Perhaps this is where we learn our lesson, so to speak. Or this is exactly how we learn to distinguish right from wrong, good from bad by the results we receive in this world--the outcomes of our actions.

I do think as humans we must learn to be the judge of the two in a way that encompasses not just our own desires but the rest of the whole... and maybe some are not born with this sense of what is good for others over self. But, I think it is up to us to learn or else we create a sadness for others that we must also live within ourselves. Since, all things/people are very connected.

But to answer your first question, when you are feeling unconditional love--a pure emotion, you know that you are connected to this vibration because it seems to automatically lift others up just by being in your presence. And hatred--well, I believe others have a way of sensing it in us, and it brings us all lower.
Old 21-10-2013, 06:17 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
Interesting. I suppose some are misguided into feeling good about something that hurts another. I wonder if those people can honestly say what they did made them feel good--or that the result ended well, as in karma did not come back to bite them into feeling bad themselves. I do believe in 'what goes around comes around'. Perhaps this is where we learn our lesson, so to speak. Or this is exactly how we learn to distinguish right from wrong, good from bad by the results we receive in this world--the outcomes of our actions.
Exactly.

Quote:
I do think as humans we must learn to be the judge of the two in a way that encompasses not just our own desires but the rest of the whole... and maybe some are not born with this sense of what is good for others over self. But, I think it is up to us to learn or else we create a sadness for others that we must also live within ourselves. Since, all things/people are very connected.
You put it beautifully.

Quote:
But to answer your first question, when you are feeling unconditional love--a pure emotion, you know that you are connected to this vibration because it seems to automatically lift others up just by being in your presence. And hatred--well, I believe others have a way of sensing it in us, and it brings us all lower.
I'm not sure that I have had this experience but I do connect to others' energy in the form of stress, sadness etc, or maybe it's just others emotions.
Old 29-03-2014, 03:37 AM
Niebla0007

Quote:
Ok, but where are we coming from and where are we going?
What is your concept of spiritual purpose through a new age perspective, rather than a religious one?

I just think that it doesn't really matter what religions other people uphold,
And neither am I a sole New Age movement follower
although a lot of my preferred spiritual practice draws upon both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions,
infused with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, consciousness research, and astrology
of the New Age teachings.
I don't seek to combine both science and spirituality, rather to just embrace both, so
should I have some questions I want answered, I'll exhaust the scientific and physical explanations I can find first
before looking at it in a mystical and spiritual point of view.
In faith, I am more in favour of the Goddess because of my personal mystical experience.
You may probably read or heard about the Goddess movement's view of
the New Age as being fundamentally patriarchal, analytical rather than intuitive, and as supporting the status quo, particularly in its implicit gender roles.
(Please, don't take this the wrong way of gunning for the New Age movement, I am not the one behind the article of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age)

In spirituality, I simply would rather expand my source of knowledge from a wide range of spiritual teachings
rather than to be subjected or stuck under religious control and sets of rules or a certain organization
which only renders spiritual growth or development.
Everybody has their own path to thread on, (and I think it important to not forget that is to be respected)
and I think that humanity's greatest spiritual purpose is ascension.
By that, I stand for everybody's right of spiritual growth, awakening, enlightenment, and ascension.

Even this First Lady has this on her list of quotes,
Just do what works for you, because there will always be someone who think differently... by Michelle Obama
Old 29-03-2014, 04:41 AM
Guide

Spitual Ego

Hi It's been a while and I had forgotten my point.
Lately I have been thinking that all the spiritual practices and all the spiritual knowledge just serves to make life, and us, more complicated. I haven't come across or experienced it doing anything else. There doesn't appear to be much reality in the teachings and brings no evolution, ascension, enlightenment, awakening or anything else. It's all in the mind.

An individual may feel better and experience positive feelings but they are without substance. They are not connected to real life. They are just beliefs. No harm done but no evolution either.

Coming from personal experience, I believe 'spirituality' works on the same premise as 'religion', in that they steer you away from reality of humanity. They create a dissconnect between the outer and inner self. They block self-wareness of who we have become as human beings. In short it creates a "Spiritual Ego".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niebla0007
I just think that it doesn't really matter what religions other people uphold,
And neither am I a sole New Age movement follower
although a lot of my preferred spiritual practice draws upon both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions,
infused with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, consciousness research, and astrology
of the New Age teachings.
I don't seek to combine both science and spirituality, rather to just embrace both, so
should I have some questions I want answered, I'll exhaust the scientific and physical explanations I can find first
before looking at it in a mystical and spiritual point of view.
In faith, I am more in favour of the Goddess because of my personal mystical experience.
You may probably read or heard about the Goddess movement's view of
the New Age as being fundamentally patriarchal, analytical rather than intuitive, and as supporting the status quo, particularly in its implicit gender roles.
(Please, don't take this the wrong way of gunning for the New Age movement, I am not the one behind the article of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age)

In spirituality, I simply would rather expand my source of knowledge from a wide range of spiritual teachings
rather than to be subjected or stuck under religious control and sets of rules or a certain organization
which only renders spiritual growth or development.
Everybody has their own path to thread on, (and I think it important to not forget that is to be respected)
and I think that humanity's greatest spiritual purpose is ascension.
By that, I stand for everybody's right of spiritual growth, awakening, enlightenment, and ascension.

Even this First Lady has this on her list of quotes,
Just do what works for you, because there will always be someone who think differently... by Michelle Obama
Old 29-03-2014, 07:23 AM
Master
Quote:
What is the purpose of spirituality? For me it is the process of humanities transformation. However, from my observations it seems to be more about the individual.

I don't know. And does it need a purpose?

I suppose if something is made it is made because a purpose is intended but with spirituality I couldn't actually say there was one.

Shall we take for granted then that the making of it is basically the dissemination of eastern thought about spirit into the western world?

In that case it was to replace what didn't seem to work as well as what we hoped to replace it with... then the purpose may be to replace, review and re-institute spirituality to a wider audience.

But I don't know and I don't actually care.
Old 29-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Hi It's been a while and I had forgotten my point.
Lately I have been thinking that all the spiritual practices and all the spiritual knowledge just serves to make life, and us, more complicated. I haven't come across or experienced it doing anything else. There doesn't appear to be much reality in the teachings and brings no evolution, ascension, enlightenment, awakening or anything else. It's all in the mind.

An individual may feel better and experience positive feelings but they are without substance. They are not connected to real life. They are just beliefs. No harm done but no evolution either.

Coming from personal experience, I believe 'spirituality' works on the same premise as 'religion', in that they steer you away from reality of humanity. They create a dissconnect between the outer and inner self. They block self-wareness of who we have become as human beings. In short it creates a "Spiritual Ego".

For me, spirituality is about uncovering your inner knowing, and inner knowing is beyond the mind, it's intuitive. Beliefs are of the mind, true knowing is of the spirit; quieting the mind in order that you can access your inner knowing is the purpose of practices such as meditation, in my opinion.

That isn't to say that knowledge doesn't have its place - our minds yearn to understand, and until they do understand they'll always be insecure. But knowledge without first-hand experience of that of which knowledge speaks is always abstract, which is why so many religious teachings seem utterly baffling, particularly to the western mindset.