Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 29-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Knower
Yoga YouTube Question

Hi guys

So I've been becoming a little lazy recently and am getting a little out of shape, hence why I'm starting yoga. I cannot afford to go to a yoga class every week so am going to use YouTube videos to 'yoga along to' so to speak. Hatha yoga feels really comfortable to me so that's what I'm going for. I ain't doing it to get in shape or get really toned or super fit or become a master, I just need to move my a$$ away from this computer every once in a while and get the body energies flowing

My question is; would it be more beneficial watch and follow the same yoga routine/video each time or would it be better to watch a different video/routine everytime?

Thanks for any replies XX

"Do not swim, float." - Osho
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Guide

i recently started yoga myself.
i also didn't know if to follow the same routine every time, so i'm currently testing several routines for beginners to see which one makes me feel better. or which one i'm more comfortable with.

one of them made my back hurt so badly, but i think i should have warmed up more before starting it. another one worked out my legs too much while making me stay with my head upside down for too long.

it is a trial and error process for now.
Old 13-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Experiencer

I use a video that was produced by Kate Potter, called 'Namaste' and you can catch it on tv periodically. I like it because the filming is really good, beautiful places around the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, BC and Ms. Potter who is the guide has a lovely, soft voice and directs your movements in a easy to understand way.

I used to flip back and forth between the ten different workouts on my set, but in the last couple years I settled down to three (sometimes four) of the workouts. The reason I do this is because it's allowed me to learn the sequences to the point that the movements can flow and I know what's coming next. I don't have to spend my focus on 'following' her instructions so much as just moving with it as she talks.

And each practise starts with a warmup, then the practise, and then a cool down (really just a continuation but doing movements in the prone position)

Here's a link to one of their Free video workouts to try. Hope you enjoy as much as I do. I've had my set for about ten years now and I still love it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJS-5xZnTs
Old 11-08-2017, 05:12 AM
Newbie ;)

If you didn't get time to go yoga classes than youtube is also great option to learn yoga. Even I use to watch yoga on youtube and do it by myself.