Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 15-12-2014, 02:32 PM
John J. Bannan

A Shortened New Proof of God

1) Reality is the absence of the absence of reality.

2) Because the absence of reality cannot cause reality, then reality must be uncaused.

3) We call this uncaused reality God.
Old 15-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Deactivated Account
BINGO! :) :) :)

I call this uncaused reality a very feminine approach. Caused by an omnipresent being with a care of discipline. Self discipline.

I think your threads are great btw. :)
Old 15-12-2014, 08:37 PM
John J. Bannan

God is uncaused. God has nothing to fear. The root of evil is often fear. So, there is no reason for God not to be loving. God also creates and by creating God shares. God creates us to have the capacity to be like God, and so we have intelligence and the power to create, e.g. children. So, it is really not surprising that Jesus calls us to be like God, and Jesus described God as a loving father. Why father? Because there is also the fear of God for those who do not wish to be like God, i.e. not doing God's will. The father is traditionally the disciplinarian.

Last edited by John J. Bannan : 15-12-2014 at 11:45 PM.
Old 15-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by John J. Bannan
God is uncaused. God has nothing to fear. The root of evil is often fear. So, there is no reason for God not to be loving. God also creates and by creating God shares. God creates us to have the capacity to be like God, and so we have intelligence and the power to create, e.g. children. So, it is really not surprising that Jesus calls us to be like God, and Jesus described God as a loving father. Why father? Because there is also the fear of God for those who do not wish to be like God, i.e. doing God's will. The father is traditionally the disciplinarian.

After careful consideration I can find no correct response to what you have said (not that I don't agree with it all), so I will leave you with these three points.

1. If God is all that you say, he would have to be the Master of Self-Discipline.

2. I was referring to the CARE of the discipline. And the inner capacity/ability of God to share BEFORE creation.

3. David knew that although God has no reason not to be loving, he is also a sentient being and not a robot. God showed him this when he got in his face. He wanted David to understand what David had done to Him. And consider what God was doing to the people at the time and David questioning Him, saying, "I understand what I've done to you, but what have these people done?"

Very interesting threads and a very warm welcome to the Forum! :)

Sister Moon