Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 14-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Master
Ethics

Ethics is an important issue, it applies to many facets, and although this 'go with it' attitude is very popular, it is prudent to give careful and measured consideration to how another person is effected by you.

At times the truth should be reserved, and a person needs to be quite discerning about that. Being discerning a huge part of being ethical in so many ways.

I won't write an essay, but there are ethical concerns, so I thought best to talk about these in open discussion.

Old 14-02-2012, 08:08 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ethics is an important issue, it applies to many facets, and although this 'go with it' attitude is very popular, it is prudent to give careful and measured consideration to how another person is effected by you.

My opinion is that generally there is no absolute ethics. What is right is to follow Divine Will and Divine Will can change from situation to situation. When we follow our speculation we do wrong to one extent or another.
Old 14-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
My opinion is that generally there is no absolute ethics. What is right is to follow Divine Will and Divine Will can change from situation to situation. When we follow our speculation we do wrong to one extent or another.

We have the ability to think things through intellectually, so I wouldn't throw that away. Better to use ALL the faculties at our disposal.
Old 14-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Master
The problem when considering ethics is who's do you use? the Christian, the muslim's, the Satanist, the Scientologist, the law of the land? It can only be relevant to what you think is ethical.

Then you are left that you decide youself that are ethical and must ask yourself if I am really correct, and by what standard?
Old 15-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Master
It's an issue of trust mainly.

EG... say I pm'd someone my personal information email etc, and that person then passed it on to someone else... it's a breach in confidentiality and trust.

A thing like that isn't whether your religion or whatever makes different moral values, and that's just a example to indicate the difference between morality judgements and ethics.
Old 15-02-2012, 08:48 AM
silent whisper

Perhaps in saying trust comes into ethics, I imagine that when one develops a complete trust in self, then its much easy to make wise choices with regards to others.

In saying that ethics or morals are greatly affected my peoples "needs" and "conditioning" so their may always be conflicting interests with regard to certain ethics. I guess communication brings the desired result regarding our own ethics versus others but then not always so it comes back to trust again.
Old 15-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
We have the ability to think things through intellectually, so I wouldn't throw that away. Better to use ALL the faculties at our disposal.
So if Divine Will is telling you to do one thing and your intelligence (which is covered by much conditioning and who's information is based very limited sensory information) tells you to do another thing then what do you do? Be confused.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.
Old 15-02-2012, 09:44 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
The problem when considering ethics is who's do you use? the Christian, the muslim's, the Satanist, the Scientologist, the law of the land? It can only be relevant to what you think is ethical.

Then you are left that you decide youself that are ethical and must ask yourself if I am really correct, and by what standard?

A rigid set of ethics will never help us. Each person is different each situation is different. Through Divination your Guide can tell you what is right thing to do in each situation. Our speculations have little value.
Old 15-02-2012, 09:46 AM
I-Ching

Our society is fundamentally unethical since every day the majority of people consume innocent animals. People is such a society have little ability to discriminate right from wrong.
Old 15-02-2012, 12:36 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
So if Divine Will is telling you to do one thing and your intelligence (which is covered by much conditioning and who's information is based very limited sensory information) tells you to do another thing then what do you do? Be confused.

Too many cooks spoil the broth.

this is true...they can.....but you know some like to add their own flavour.. even to trusting...:)