Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 19-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Master
I think they think like us, they don't like being uprooted and having their homes disrupted. For example, the giant tree that fell over one day a couple months ago in front of our apt. bldg. obviously displaced many birds. A few days ago, I noticed a bird would fly away out from under the eave of my carport everytime I'd walk out to get in my van. I could see the nest taking shape at the joint below the eave. I wondered and I hoped and will continue to hope that my comings and goings, not to mention other people won't discourage the parent birds and make them abandon the nest.

Old 19-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
well i can't tell whether it is playful or not, especially when they will not even address me with their comments.

even now. they quote you, rather than address me. Hello? I am right here, feel free to put your comments in response to my comment directly to me, seems like the considerate thing to do, don't you think? Especially when it is a disagreement over something i have said.

Yes, i suppose galoot is what i was going for.

I am sensitive when people question my love of dogs or animals, forgive me. Perhaps i am the touchy one. LFH & WS are both respected pillars of the SF community, or how i see it. So much Love out, but i felt i was misinterpreted there, in the context of the entire first post of mine, it wasn't about dogs being dumb. The relationship i have with my dog is well and good, thank you very much. He is too spoiled sometimes, that is my biggest complaint, but that is on us 'owners', of course, not him.

My dog decided to hop into bed with me and we spooned for an hour or so before i fell asleep shortly after i made the above post lol. Love his sense of entitlement to take up the whole bed too, lol, classic stuff.

Sorry my friend...sometimes my sense of humor doesn't go over well. Of course you love dogs, why would you be on this thread. I have called many dogs and animals dumb, just like i have called people dumb at times but I don't think they are dumb by nature. It's just an expression and that is how i sensed you meant it.
Peace and love....James
Old 19-06-2011, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Sorry my friend...sometimes my sense of humor doesn't go over well. Of course you love dogs, why would you be on this thread. I have called many dogs and animals dumb, just like i have called people dumb at times but I don't think they are dumb by nature. It's just an expression and that is how i sensed you meant it.
Peace and love....James

Yeah sorry James, i was cranky at the time, not meaning anything, i should settle down sometimes. I know all about one's sense of humor not going over very well, in your guyses case, i didn't recognize the humor so it wasn't that, and it is on me for taking it the wrong way. Not that i did really, either.

Peace & Love to you and LFH and all the animals, however they may think. I think it is a more pure, instinctual thought, if i had to guess. They can definitely sense energy and emotions, and respond to that a lot. I've watched the dog whisperer a few times, that guy is pretty amazing, he's onto something i think.

Cats are a whole different animal, (obviously) so to speak. i wonder if dogs communicate differently with cats than they do with other dogs, or is it all in the common animal vocabulary pool of mutual inter species understanding.
Old 19-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Master
Someone probably already said this but we are animals also, we usually forget that don't we..
Old 19-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
I love them. No they are not dummies, but they have such funny innocent looks sometimes, that i like to call them that. So sue me. Im a big jerk for calling dogs dummies. It is a term of affection for me, maybe i am wrong to think that way. But thats what it is. No need to get so touchy about it folks. I love dogs. I absolutely love them. They know it, i know it, thats all i need to know.

No offense meant or anything, and none taken. Just stating my case.

Woof woof. (wags tail)
Old 19-06-2011, 04:21 PM
astroboy

cat and turtle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJr2e...eature=related
Old 19-06-2011, 05:08 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
My dog decided to hop into bed with me and we spooned for an hour or so before i fell asleep shortly after i made the above post lol. Love his sense of entitlement to take up the whole bed too, lol, classic stuff.

What a lovely and tender scene you describe! Made me smile I share many such moments with my canine companions also. They sure know how to express love, and omg, yes! They have the "entitlement" bit down to a science!!! But then they obviously know their self-worth... just ask 'em!
Old 21-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Master
LFH - i was outside yesterday, and i got up to go sit with my dog and give him pats, when just as i started patting him a single feather floated down directly on his nose. He sniffed at it for a second, then put it in his mouth and chewed on it for a bit before spitting it out.

I have a thing with feathers, so that was sort of an good omen to me. I thought today that maybe it is a sign from my other dog who recently passed away. I may have been thinking about him at the moment when that happened as well if i remember correctly. Just the way it floated down in front of us right on his nose, there was a charge of energy there. A beautiful moment.

I used have feather synchronicities quite often, its been awhile since one has occurred like that.
Old 21-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
LFH - i was outside yesterday, and i got up to go sit with my dog and give him pats, when just as i started patting him a single feather floated down directly on his nose. He sniffed at it for a second, then put it in his mouth and chewed on it for a bit before spitting it out.

I have a thing with feathers, so that was sort of an good omen to me. I thought today that maybe it is a sign from my other dog who recently passed away. I may have been thinking about him at the moment when that happened as well if i remember correctly. Just the way it floated down in front of us right on his nose, there was a charge of energy there. A beautiful moment.

I used have feather synchronicities quite often, its been awhile since one has occurred like that.

That's awesome Deusdrum
Old 21-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Knower

You should read Suzanne Wards "My Conversations With Animals". Great book. According to Suzanne (also author of the Matthew Books) animals speak telepathically in clear sentences just like humans and their emotions are just as real and intense as ours. Quite interesting!

I communicate well with my dog because we know each other so well, Im certain she understands my words, and she is smarter than I will ever be because she knows unconditional love. Dogs and animals alike are just freaking awesome!