Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-12-2019, 06:13 AM
Newbie ;)

Who does this? On Jesus' Birthday too....:icon_frown:

Yesterday morning I woke up to a text message from my supervisor (we will call her Amy) asking me if I would mind working yesterday and today. She said that the finance manager (we will call her Kelly) was short staffed, everyone was either sick or on vacation and they needed help. Then Amy said her assistant was off for Christmas Eve so she would need me then too. I said I would and went in. Yesterday was just another ordinary day as I figured it would be. Today I was in a great mood. I was genuinely filled with love that I felt towards all my coworkers. Normally I don't feel much towards them one way or another, they're my coworkers. I don't have any issues with anyone there, I like everyone. Amy's assistant and myself had a rocky start but it was resolved quite some time ago and we have been cool with each other ever since.

Anyways I was overcome with love for these people and decided to roll with it. I was engaging and chatty, attempting to pull them as close to wear I was as I possibly could. I was by no means over kill, I was just more upbeat and talkative than I usually am. I am a very quiet person. It is just how I am. I am by no means shy though, if I have something to say I have no problem saying it. I just keep to myself for whatever reason. I am always pleasant with all my coworkers regardless. I'll say my good mornings, good nights. I joke around sometimes and engage in little banter here and there. I am pleasant and respectful & really didn't think there was any real problems. I don't expect everyone to like me or love me or want to get to know me but being considerate towards each other is important. At least I would believe it to be.

The day was going along just fine, we had us some food delivered, I was still in a nice mood, enjoying the day. Towards the end Kelly started passing out gifts. At first I just assumed they were for her the people in department and wasn't really paying attention as it did not seem to concern me. I then saw her give a present to another coworker not in her department. Ok....still really didn't think much of it. She then proceeded to go around to EVERY other department handing out gifts to every other person there. The people that were not in today she left presents on their desks. She walked past my desk several times during this process obviously ignoring me completely. I tried to just shake it off and not let her mean spirited actions get the best of me but I couldn't help it, it hurt my feelings. Just to add more salt to the wound I heard her loud mouth on the phone talking to the boss at one of our other locations when she mentioned that she got Christmas gifts for him as his staff as well as everyone at our other location. She said she was going out there on Friday and then had to go to the other one on Saturday so she would bring them theirs then.

Of course I tried to think of what I could have possibly done to her that made her do that. It was very clear that she did that on purpose with the intent to harm me for whatever reason. I can't think of a single thing I have ever done to her. Certainly nothing to justify such a passive aggressive jab. I dunno, maybe I just rub her the wrong way or something. That doesn't seem to be a reason to be that way though.

Whatever, its not like it is going to affect me that much....I just couldn't believe she actually pulled such a move. She has always been a fake person with a fake personality to match. I have known this since I met her & guess I had just become to used to it. I always had that feeling that she wasn't a huge fan of mine. It never really bothered me before, except for the length time of our interaction when I was aware of her feeling towards me, I never thought about it. It can be somewhat uncomfortable when I need to talk to her and everything about her demeanor tells me that my very presence is just a nuisance to her. But there are times when she will come over and chat with me where she seems to be a sincere person so she's hard to pinpoint. The fact that she doesn't like me isn't much of a surprise, I kind of just assumed it. I didn't really think she was malicious though. I have come across countless people that I personally wouldn't want to spend any length of time with. However I can't imagine ever being spiteful just because they aren't really my cup of tea. Who does that?

I know I shouldn't care about her opinion, and I don't. However the truth is that her actions did hurt. It was just a mean thing to do. I was an easy target for her too. She knows my nature and assumes I am not going to say anything about it. I doubt I will but I can't help but think that this experience was sent to me in order to strengthen me. I'll figure it out...

Anyways I just had to get that out somehow. Thanks for listening. If you have any suggestions on how to handle this then by all means...post away.